Club Championships Jan-Mar 2019

Started by Ball Hopper, December 10, 2018, 01:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2019, 06:07:31 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 16, 2019, 05:15:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 16, 2019, 04:56:09 PM
That has the makings of a good final.
I hope it lives up to its billing. Two good enjoyable semi finals today and the two underdogs gave a good account of themselves which was pleasing to see.

Both finals will be decent on Paddy's day.. hard to pick a winner, Shamrocks and Crokes will be favs, expect good crowds at this

Current odds has Corofin 5/6 favs.

Shamrock Shore

Enjoyed the trip to Tipp. Huge crowd there from all parts of Longford. Mullinalaghta must have been deserted. I ran into more old neighbours and lads I went to school with - all down to cheer the half-parish. Mullinalaghta gave a good account of themselves but there is no doubt they were beaten by a very good Crokes side with some fine players.

Wandered onto the pitch after to soak up Semple Stadium. Bit disappointed in it in fairness (I was there once before) It looked like a place that was very tired and the pitch was average club ground standard.

It should be a great final on St. Patrick's Day. Two footballing sides out to play exciting direct football.

yellowcard

I think somebody stole David Brady's phone or at least I hope they did.

StephenC

Quote from: yellowcard on February 16, 2019, 10:02:41 PM

Nope, it's him. And he's backing his comment. Clown.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: StephenC on February 16, 2019, 10:09:32 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on February 16, 2019, 10:02:41 PM

Nope, it's him. And he's backing his comment. Clown.
Loved Cassidy's comeback.

Schkite

JoG2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 16, 2019, 05:15:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 16, 2019, 04:56:09 PM
That has the makings of a good final.
I hope it lives up to its billing. Two good enjoyable semi finals today and the two underdogs gave a good account of themselves which was pleasing to see.

Definitely, enjoyed both matches today, fair play to all 4 teams. Gaoth Dobhair I feel didn't reach their full potential today. Couldn't get a hold in midfield and didn't get enough breaking ball, maybe underutilised big KC but that was maybe part of their decision making in the final 3rd. Put in a serious shift and represented Ulster very well. They can be very proud of their achievements this season.

As regards the final, it'll be very close. I've seen both Crokes and Corofin against Slaughtneil in the flesh. Corofin's performance in that final was the best I've seen from a club side. Crokes have serious footballers in all sectors. Should be some battle

yellowcard

I suppose Brady will be all over the media in the next few days which is likely what he wants. However his comments are bizarre, ill advised and more than anything else ill timed so I don't know how he can rationally back them up without digging a bigger hole for himself. I'd say Cassidy will be flat out for the next few days with the videos just to rub his nose in it even more, he just can't help himself.

LaurelEye

Rinneamar ár ndícheall, leanamar leis an comhrac go deireadh, ach níor leor dúinn é.

Congratulations to Crokes who were deserving winners and whose speed and accuracy will be difficult for any adversary to deal with, and we wish them all the best on St. Patrick's Day. All we can do is try to learn from today and see what improvements we can make if the chance ever comes again.

It was a sad evening not only because of the result itself but because it meant the end of Mickey and JD's time as our management team. We will always gratefully remember these last three years and we wish them all the best with Cavan.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Rossfan

What's with all the Brady craic ? ( Working all evening/night so not up to speed)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

galwayman

Quote from: Schkite on February 16, 2019, 10:35:32 PM
Brady is some miserable ballix
The fact he gets paid to come up with the absolute sh*te he spouts on the radio beggars belief.

rodney trotter

Brady is another Dick Clerkin. Loudmouth who loves to be heard..

GalwayBayBoy

Just seeing this now. So unnecessary from Brady. Being a dick for the sake of it.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on February 16, 2019, 11:49:26 PM
What's with all the Brady craic ? ( Working all evening/night so not up to speed)
Attention seeking tweet stating that an opportunity of a lifetime to win All Ireland was past up because of too many drinking sessions was had.

He got close to 300 replies already. Kevin Cassidy reply probably the best one.

lenny

Carrick on shannon shouldn't get any more matches until they can get a position for tv cameras on the half way line. Ridiculous to have to watch a game from in line with the edge of the D. Good game though, 2 good teams with corofin deserving winners.