FermGael

Fair play to Cavan.
Fully deserved.
Just don't make a habit of it.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

BennyCake

Quote from: Sandy Hill on November 22, 2020, 09:40:27 PM
The 1920 AIF wasn't played until June 1922 and was won by Tipperary who beat Dublin 1.06 to 1.02; the same again?

Dublin scoring 1-2 ??

LeoMc

Quote from: Itchy on November 22, 2020, 08:57:56 PM
Quote from: pbat on November 22, 2020, 08:56:28 PM
Has Patton's soccer background came back to haunt him. There is no questioning his kick out ability but his tendency to punch everything has caught up with him.

He was targeted by long ball surely
He looked to be well off his line. He had to run back and turn to face the high ball coming in so prob not positioned to catch.

illdecide

I was so glad to see Cavan win today...It's great to see a different team lift the cup but as a complete neutral i thought Cavan deserved it and genuinely thought they'd to work extra hard from the ref to get decisions. Honest opinion they'd to wait about 60 mins before he gave them a reasonable free, thought the two black cards were harsh and can't understand why he didn't allow the mark to Cavan but sure it didn't matter in the end and was delighted for Cavan. Unlucky Donegal, just wasn't your day but hey you guys can afford to share a bit of that around for the rest of us...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ONeill

Thomas Galligan. What a performance. Every time he went for the ball I was wincing. His neck must've been in bits but he kept at it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Itchy

Quote from: ONeill on November 22, 2020, 10:46:19 PM
Thomas Galligan. What a performance. Every time he went for the ball I was wincing. His neck must've been in bits but he kept at it.

There are some great pics of Thonas on twitter this eve, the die hard one isvtge best. Dont know how to stick them up here

thewobbler

Galligan. Plays with a smile on his face while emptying everything that gets in his way. Such a footballer.

ONeill

That first injury reminded me of McGinley when he broke his neck in the AIF in 03 and played on. Ended up in a neck brace for ages.

That brilliant catch in the second half...my heart was in my mouth.

mrdeeds

Quote from: thewobbler on November 22, 2020, 10:58:46 PM
Galligan. Plays with a smile on his face while emptying everything that gets in his way. Such a footballer.

So happy seeing him reach his potential. MOTM in McRory cup final and actually gave an exhibition versus Castlerahan in club championship this summer. Class act and great interviews.

Just seeing the joy. Class.

Westside

Special special day. More than anything i'm delighted for the players who could easily have let their generation pass by without a reward. They went out and grabbed it today. Unreal.

restorepride

Great great victory for Cavan today.  Had the privilege to be there and from the start Cavan had a purpose and a confidence in their play that was different.  They seemed to sense that today was the day and that they had to make it happen - and they did.  Also thinking of people like Terry Hyland who contributed so much to the development of many of the players and thinking of Cian Mackey who just missed out on a deserved Ulster medal.  Glad that the 2 black cards didn't cost them as at least one looked suspect.  Mickey Graham's tactics superb. 

ONeill

Quote from: restorepride on November 22, 2020, 11:18:22 PM
Great great victory for Cavan today.  Had the privilege to be there and from the start Cavan had a purpose and a confidence in their play that was different.  They seemed to sense that today was the day and that they had to make it happen - and they did.  Also thinking of people like Terry Hyland who contributed so much to the development of many of the players and thinking of Cian Mackey who just missed out on a deserved Ulster medal.  Glad that the 2 black cards didn't cost them as at least one looked suspect.  Mickey Graham's tactics superb.

Must be weird but intriguing in that atmosphere. You hear everything?

Gold

Quote from: Itchy on November 22, 2020, 06:54:26 PM
I'm not that bothered where we beat Dublin! ;)

What a win, so proud of them lads and sick I can't he there at breffni this evening to welcome them home. But what a win and what a day.

Delighted for you Itchy. What a great day for all neutral GAA fans

Hearing the players voices echo in an empty Croker is awful

Semis have to be in a neutral venue

#NavanOrNowhere
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

sid waddell

Feck a neutral venue, go the whole hog and play it in Breffni Park

Dublin have played All-Ireland semi-finals in the home ground of the opposition before

It would be great to do so again, think of the interest it would create

Gold

Quote from: ONeill on November 22, 2020, 11:00:14 PM
That first injury reminded me of McGinley when he broke his neck in the AIF in 03 and played on. Ended up in a neck brace for ages.

That brilliant catch in the second half...my heart was in my mouth.

That catch was INCREDIBLE ...flew into the TV screen ...at such a crucial time too. His neck, wrist and face all fcuked....what a warrior!

Red haired Corner back immense.

Barry Cassidy though...those 2 black cards were criminal. Cavan were rode. Donegal got a free on Neil magee and one McBrearty tapped over after a donegal player missed...for NOTHING!

Delighted they won. And Tipp!

Best GAA day in years.

James Smith is a baller. As is Madden.  What a team
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."