Ulster Championship 2020

Started by J70, October 26, 2020, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

If he didn't pick it up (and he did) with the ball in his possession he carried it over the goal line too. Mackey and rehill (a debutant last yr) also missing this yr. Killian Clarke opted out due to work but with covid and working from home he came back in again.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 07:04:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 07:03:59 PM

And Angelo if the ref blew his whistle without knowing what he was doing then he was wrong.

That's exactly what he did.

I highlighted it there for you.

Refs make mistakes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Westside on November 15, 2020, 07:17:15 PM
Not a legal passage of play, it's in the rule book, however daft that may be it is. It allowed him to be behind the keeper to illegally play the ball.

And Angelo if the ref blew his whistle without knowing what he was doing then he was wrong.

It is in the rule book that it must be deliberately done to gain an advantage. Clearly not the case here.

What's clear? He didn't gain an advantage or step outside the boundary line come back behind the keeper win the ball that lead to a penalty?

How's that work out?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 04:12:02 PM
Quote from: marty34 on November 15, 2020, 04:07:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 03:41:13 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on November 15, 2020, 03:38:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 03:31:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 03:29:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 03:27:50 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 02:33:50 PM
Ref gives a penalty after consulting with the umpire for a pickup off the ground.

Weren't there posters saying this couldn't be done three weeks ago?

Was the wrong call, Cavan fullforward came from behind the line, so two technical fouls

As for the umpires it's still not their call, they didn't blow the whistle, so the question is why did the ref blow?

He went to his umpire before making the call, the foul committed was a pick up off the ground and that's what the penalty was awarded for after consultation with the umpire.

If the same thing had happened in Ballybofey it was a Tyrone penalty.

He blew his whistle. The umpires don't have whistles, you do know that? The umpires don't make those decisions, you know the rules?

So the penalty shouldn't have stood?  Didn't know the rule about coming from behind the line.

Was outside the line to gain advantage free out. But hey Angelo will tell me different, he knows the rules ya know!

Here MR2, what are the 3 rules that people don't know correctly?

We should have a thread on refereeing rules!

Christ there's some rules that I'm left scratching my head at, the best one is the ref can't change his mind once he makes a decision! Regardless of whether it's complete wrong
Is than an actual rule or is there some secret referee code of conduct?

Westside

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 07:26:03 PM
Quote from: Westside on November 15, 2020, 07:17:15 PM
Not a legal passage of play, it's in the rule book, however daft that may be it is. It allowed him to be behind the keeper to illegally play the ball.

It is in the rule book that it must be deliberately done to gain an advantage. Clearly not the case here.

What's clear? He didn't gain an advantage or step outside the boundary line come back behind the keeper win the ball that lead to a penalty?

How's that work out?

Get a dictionary, look up the word deliberate, then read the rule again. Please tell me you aren't actually a referee?

Milltown Row2

So he didn't step outside? If he didn't then was he in the square?

Westside

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 08:16:10 PM

Why are you asking me questions? A quick read of the rule and a look at what happened should clear it up for you. Unless you don't understand the rule in which case there's nothing I can do for you.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Westside on November 15, 2020, 08:31:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 08:16:10 PM

Why are you asking me questions? A quick read of the rule and a look at what happened should clear it up for you. Unless you don't understand the rule in which case there's nothing I can do for you.

I understand the rules, if he deliberately stepped outside the boundary line ( in my view he did) then came in to gain an advantage (which he did) then it's a free out. I don't see how you see it differently.

He was either outside the end line or not. It's up to the ref to decide whether it was deliberate or not, bit like the Black cars rule.

Milltown Row2

Anyone watching the Sunday game?

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 11:02:26 PM

Ah don't mind that bitter Meath Bollocks

Milltown Row2

Westside

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 11:04:39 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 15, 2020, 11:03:56 PM

Waiting on Westside itchy 8)

I presume they agreed with your analysis? Which of the brain trust did they have on, Whelan and O'Rourke? Thankfully the ref agreed with mine, Madden didn't do it to gain an advantage. Legal passage of play, goal stands. It's not that complicated.

macdanger2

Tbh, I don't think he "deliberately" went outside the field of play, his eyes were on the ball the whole time. It should have been a free for tackling the keeper in the small rectangle though

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Westside on November 15, 2020, 11:07:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 11:04:39 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 15, 2020, 11:03:56 PM

Waiting on Westside itchy 8)

I presume they agreed with your analysis? Which of the brain trust did they have on, Whelan and O'Rourke? Thankfully the ref agreed with mine, Madden didn't do it to gain an advantage. Legal passage of play, goal stands. It's not that complicated.

You obviously didn't watch it and it was roundly put down as a mistake by all three and highlighted when he deliberately went behind line to gain advantage.

It's not complicated

Westside

When I asked who did the Sunday game have on I thought it would be obvious I didn't watch it... You're obviously not the sharpest tool, which explains a lot about why this is so confusing for you.