Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

4.34 To deliberately go outside the boundary lines to
gain an advantage except as provided in Rule

Orior

Quote from: grounded on November 15, 2020, 02:33:34 PM
Quote from: Orior on November 15, 2020, 02:14:01 PM
Quote from: grounded on November 14, 2020, 07:14:43 PM
Armagh totally outclassed today. Donegal at a different level. For Tyrone it puts their defeat in perspective. You would have to say at this stage probably the only team left capable of beating Dublin. 
         Don't care what the bookies are saying Down have it all to do to win tomorrow. Cavan have a serious advantage at midfield at that will probably decide the outcome.
       Should be a close enough affair with Cavan to shade it.

Looks like Down have done it all by half time.

Christsake, kiss of death

Whoops.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Orior on November 15, 2020, 04:02:42 PM
Quote from: grounded on November 15, 2020, 02:33:34 PM
Quote from: Orior on November 15, 2020, 02:14:01 PM
Quote from: grounded on November 14, 2020, 07:14:43 PM
Armagh totally outclassed today. Donegal at a different level. For Tyrone it puts their defeat in perspective. You would have to say at this stage probably the only team left capable of beating Dublin. 
         Don't care what the bookies are saying Down have it all to do to win tomorrow. Cavan have a serious advantage at midfield at that will probably decide the outcome.
       Should be a close enough affair with Cavan to shade it.

Looks like Down have done it all by half time.

Christsake, kiss of death

Whoops.

Cheers Orior.

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 03:41:13 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on November 15, 2020, 03:38:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 03:31:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 03:29:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 03:27:50 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 02:33:50 PM
Ref gives a penalty after consulting with the umpire for a pickup off the ground.

Weren't there posters saying this couldn't be done three weeks ago?

Was the wrong call, Cavan fullforward came from behind the line, so two technical fouls

As for the umpires it's still not their call, they didn't blow the whistle, so the question is why did the ref blow?

He went to his umpire before making the call, the foul committed was a pick up off the ground and that's what the penalty was awarded for after consultation with the umpire.

If the same thing had happened in Ballybofey it was a Tyrone penalty.

He blew his whistle. The umpires don't have whistles, you do know that? The umpires don't make those decisions, you know the rules?

So the penalty shouldn't have stood?  Didn't know the rule about coming from behind the line.

Was outside the line to gain advantage free out. But hey Angelo will tell me different, he knows the rules ya know!

Here MR2, what are the 3 rules that people don't know correctly?

We should have a thread on refereeing rules!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on November 15, 2020, 04:07:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 03:41:13 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on November 15, 2020, 03:38:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 03:31:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 03:29:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 03:27:50 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 02:33:50 PM
Ref gives a penalty after consulting with the umpire for a pickup off the ground.

Weren't there posters saying this couldn't be done three weeks ago?

Was the wrong call, Cavan fullforward came from behind the line, so two technical fouls

As for the umpires it's still not their call, they didn't blow the whistle, so the question is why did the ref blow?

He went to his umpire before making the call, the foul committed was a pick up off the ground and that's what the penalty was awarded for after consultation with the umpire.

If the same thing had happened in Ballybofey it was a Tyrone penalty.

He blew his whistle. The umpires don't have whistles, you do know that? The umpires don't make those decisions, you know the rules?

So the penalty shouldn't have stood?  Didn't know the rule about coming from behind the line.

Was outside the line to gain advantage free out. But hey Angelo will tell me different, he knows the rules ya know!

Here MR2, what are the 3 rules that people don't know correctly?

We should have a thread on refereeing rules!

Christ there's some rules that I'm left scratching my head at, the best one is the ref can't change his mind once he makes a decision! Regardless of whether it's complete wrong
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on November 15, 2020, 03:54:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 03:45:38 PM
I said the ref got it wrong.. whatever way you want to look at it.. umpires have no authority. I really don't see how you can keep making things up that ain't true

It's just sour grapes from Angela. Donegal were far the better side v Tyrone and he's clutching at the few straws he can get his hands on. Well done to Cavan today. Brilliant comeback. Down have some fast young players and they're improving also.

You're the one permanently sour, constantly lurking about the Tyrone forums like a voyeur.

It should have been a penalty in Ballybofey for Tyrone two weeks ago.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Cunny Funt

Fine comeback win for Cavan, plenty of character in their team. Two Ulster finals in a row for the first time since the 60s is a sure sign of progress under Mickey Graham.

Angelo

Mickey Graham has done a wonderful job with Cavan when you look at the resources available to him. Losing a player like McVeetey and the absence of natural forwards in their team puts them at a significant advantage but he's got them to back to back Ulster finals by beating what I would regard as superior teams in Monghan x2, Armagh and Down along the way.

He's clearly fostered a good spirt in the camp, it's a shame he can't get all the best players in the county available to him. It's a long time since Cavan can say they have all their best men involved in a given season.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 04:12:20 PM
Quote from: lenny on November 15, 2020, 03:54:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 03:45:38 PM
I said the ref got it wrong.. whatever way you want to look at it.. umpires have no authority. I really don't see how you can keep making things up that ain't true

It's just sour grapes from Angela. Donegal were far the better side v Tyrone and he's clutching at the few straws he can get his hands on. Well done to Cavan today. Brilliant comeback. Down have some fast young players and they're improving also.

You're the one permanently sour, constantly lurking about the Tyrone forums like a voyeur.

It should have been a penalty in Ballybofey for Tyrone two weeks ago.

The game is over now so it doesn't make any difference, it's just down to opinions. If you watch the incident again closely you'll see he does touch the ball while it's on the ground but not with his hand, therefore not a penalty. At the end of the day Donegal were the better side comfortably but if a couple of Tyrone players had more belief in themselves they could've got in for goals and that's the main difference, not a marginal call from a referee.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 04:22:20 PM
Mickey Graham has done a wonderful job with Cavan when you look at the resources available to him. Losing a player like McVeetey and the absence of natural forwards in their team puts them at a significant advantage but he's got them to back to back Ulster finals by beating what I would regard as superior teams in Monghan x2, Armagh and Down along the way.

He's clearly fostered a good spirt in the camp, it's a shame he can't get all the best players in the county available to him. It's a long time since Cavan can say they have all their best men involved in a given season.

Monaghan an established Div 1 perhaps but Armagh last year and Down currently superior? i think not. Cavan winning 4 in a row U21 Ulster titles 2011 to 2014 is finally showing some consistency at senior championship level.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Westside

Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 04:22:20 PM

Who was missing last year that would make an appreciable difference?

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 03:20:23 PM
Down absolutely butchered that, they had a number of goal chances at the end of the first half, start of the second that would have killed off the game but didn't take them.

I would be furious if I was a Down player though at the referee, tackling was being refereed completely different at opposite ends of the pitch in that second half.

::) if only then Angelos prediction would  have come to pass and all would be well with the world. Its was a definite penalty and if you want to split hairs Downs goal came from an incorrectly awarded Mark and Cavan were pulled back from a goal chance when advantage should have been played.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on November 15, 2020, 04:53:07 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2020, 03:20:23 PM
Down absolutely butchered that, they had a number of goal chances at the end of the first half, start of the second that would have killed off the game but didn't take them.

I would be furious if I was a Down player though at the referee, tackling was being refereed completely different at opposite ends of the pitch in that second half.

::) if only then Angelos prediction would  have come to pass and all would be well with the world. Its was a definite penalty and if you want to split hairs Downs goal came from an incorrectly awarded Mark and Cavan were pulled back from a goal chance when advantage should have been played.

I know as a supporter you want to believe it was a penalty, but technically it was a free out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

befair

Can't believe we lost that; should have been even further ahead at half-time, Martin Reilly getting black card when we were 9 pts up. BTW I hope Martin Reilly gets an All-Star this year, he has been a wonderful player fro years. Mooney, Kerr, Johnson were running riot in the first 25 mins, disappeared after that. One of our subs could have called a mark from 25 yds out, played on and flopped it into keepers hands. Should have known not to get my hopes up

Milltown Row2

Quote from: befair on November 15, 2020, 05:20:01 PM
Can't believe we lost that; should have been even further ahead at half-time, Martin Reilly getting black card when we were 9 pts up. BTW I hope Martin Reilly gets an All-Star this year, he has been a wonderful player fro years. Mooney, Kerr, Johnson were running riot in the first 25 mins, disappeared after that. One of our subs could have called a mark from 25 yds out, played on and flopped it into keepers hands. Should have known not to get my hopes up

Was baffling as to why he didn't call that mark..