Ulster Championship 2020

Started by J70, October 26, 2020, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: illdecide on November 08, 2020, 10:09:11 PM
I dunno lads, that Down team def can get better and if they beat Cavan they could be dangerous in the final. My worry for Cavan if they beat Down they'll be out four weeks on the trot and Ulster final could be too much and mighten have the legs for it.
If Armagh was to beat Donegal next Sat it would become a 50/50 final with either Cavan or Down but if Donegal win against Armagh they'll be hot favourites

Cavan have already been out 4 weeks on the trot, if they make the final it will be 6.

Down installed as favourites by the bookies which will suit Cavan fine I think. Few of our lads like niall Murray getting bit more into the legs and I think conor madden might be back next weekend so I do think its set up for Cavan. It'll be tight but I think Cavan by 1 or 2 points.

rodney trotter

Oisin McConville wants a few thousand allowed attend the Ulster final. He should look at the number of cases in the North. Its worse then the 26, and the crowds cant attend in Repiblic. Not even 200 would be possible

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 11, 2020, 01:15:23 PM
Oisin McConville wants a few thousand allowed attend the Ulster final. He should look at the number of cases in the North. Its worse then the 26, and the crowds cant attend in Repiblic. Not even 200 would be possible

In fairness, i think for example, if families of the players were put into the ground in pods and kept even 10 meters apart from other pods there would be no issue. It is outdoors after all. Its probably just not worth the hassle from the GAA perspective but I think it would be nice for the players. You could probably get a few hundred in that way but not a few thousand.

Westside

It probably wouldn't matter so much for Donegal but if Cavan, Armagh or Down were to win an Ulster title in an empty stadium it would be a travesty. Not sure if there's a good way around it but it would be a real shame.

BennyCake

Pundits should not be advocating crowds at games. We've heard it with soccer and GAA. It's not something they should be spouting, as it sends out the wrong message.

five points

Quote from: Westside on November 11, 2020, 01:32:24 PM
It probably wouldn't matter so much for Donegal but if Cavan, Armagh or Down were to win an Ulster title in an empty stadium it would be a travesty. Not sure if there's a good way around it but it would be a real shame.

After 23 years waiting, I'd gladly take a travesty.

LCohen

Quote from: BennyCake on November 11, 2020, 01:38:55 PM
Pundits should not be advocating crowds at games. We've heard it with soccer and GAA. It's not something they should be spouting, as it sends out the wrong message.

I fully agree. Oisin has a profile. Covid is a serious issue. He shouldn't use his profile to guess. He needs to be sure

Taylor

NI play their Euro qualifier tomorrow night - 1000 fans are allowed to attend.

What is the difference?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Taylor on November 11, 2020, 02:24:48 PM

What is the difference?

Unionists don't spread or catch Covid, according to Edwin Poots.

armaghniac

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 11, 2020, 03:52:29 PM

What is the difference?

Unionists don't spread or catch Covid, according to Edwin Poots.

Yet, given the age profile of deaths, I wonder who the deceased had voted for.
If SF introduced a disease that killed all OAPs then they probably have a majority, but it is the DUP who is doing this!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Real Talk

What is the difference?

Its all about the 'flag' isn't it ... hardly surprising

grounded

Armagh totally outclassed today. Donegal at a different level. For Tyrone it puts their defeat in perspective. You would have to say at this stage probably the only team left capable of beating Dublin. 
         Don't care what the bookies are saying Down have it all to do to win tomorrow. Cavan have a serious advantage at midfield at that will probably decide the outcome.
       Should be a close enough affair with Cavan to shade it.

Angelo

Quote from: grounded on November 14, 2020, 07:14:43 PM
Armagh totally outclassed today. Donegal at a different level. For Tyrone it puts their defeat in perspective. You would have to say at this stage probably the only team left capable of beating Dublin. 
         Don't care what the bookies are saying Down have it all to do to win tomorrow. Cavan have a serious advantage at midfield at that will probably decide the outcome.

Down have some natural forwards though and that's why I'd edge for them.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on November 14, 2020, 07:24:22 PM
Quote from: grounded on November 14, 2020, 07:14:43 PM

Down have some natural forwards though and that's why I'd edge for them.

Thats a slightly strange assessment. Same could have been said for monaghan who have forwards way better than Down. I think the main 2 arguments for a Down win are 1) Cavan are out 5 weeks in a row while down only played 2 games in the same time, 1 with a B team and 2) They looked impressive beating Fermanagh while Cavan looked jaded against antrim

For me No 1 can work both ways, cavan looked fit in all their games finishing strong and matches bring fitness too. We won't know for sure until this game is over. On No2 yes Cavan were poor against Antrim but what sort of a state were Fermanagh in? Not good im told. I find the odds a bit strange but delighted for Cavan to be outsiders. I also think we've the advantage on the line in Graham.

macdanger2

I'd fancy Cavan to win by a point or two