Started by J70, October 26, 2020, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2020, 12:02:28 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on November 08, 2020, 10:33:37 AM
Quote from: Itchy on November 08, 2020, 09:44:09 AM
Quote from: Westside on November 07, 2020, 11:03:31 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 07, 2020, 03:06:03 PM
Really sloppy performance from Cavan and if Antrim had a bit more quality they couldve won. I thought the ref was good. Black cards were all correct bar maybe Oisin Kiernans which he had little chance to get out of the way. Just glad to get over that game and the nature of win will certainly suck away expectations of the cavan support.

Disagree about the ref, Gunner's was a yellow card. Black card is for cynical play. It wasnt designed for a player swinging another player around to the ground during a tussle in a break in play. Stupid by Gunner, but not a black.

As for Oisin Kiernan, where was he meant to go? Very harsh black.

Cavan had nothing to gain and everything to lose from that game. Antrim made it very hard for us and for a long time were extremely economical up front. Cavan arent good enough to put poor teams away. But got it done that's the main thing.

Well we are lucky the ref didn't give him a yellow as he already had one so we got a 10 minute sin bin instead of 35 mins with 14 men. Gunner brings great physicality but also great stupidity to the team. To be on a yellow and to do that us just off the wall stupid. And its not like we haven't been here before is it?

I fancy Fermanagh today,  they are waiting in the long grass for Down.
Is a yellow and a black card not a red anyway or has that changed?

Yeah, I'm not sure he was yellow carded though in first place

I don't think the yellow + black = red rule is there anymore although I xould be wrong. I'm almost certain gunner was booked in 1st half

delgany

Quote from: Itchy on November 08, 2020, 02:14:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2020, 12:02:28 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on November 08, 2020, 10:33:37 AM
Quote from: Itchy on November 08, 2020, 09:44:09 AM
Quote from: Westside on November 07, 2020, 11:03:31 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 07, 2020, 03:06:03 PM
Really sloppy performance from Cavan and if Antrim had a bit more quality they couldve won. I thought the ref was good. Black cards were all correct bar maybe Oisin Kiernans which he had little chance to get out of the way. Just glad to get over that game and the nature of win will certainly suck away expectations of the cavan support.

Disagree about the ref, Gunner's was a yellow card. Black card is for cynical play. It wasnt designed for a player swinging another player around to the ground during a tussle in a break in play. Stupid by Gunner, but not a black.

As for Oisin Kiernan, where was he meant to go? Very harsh black.

Cavan had nothing to gain and everything to lose from that game. Antrim made it very hard for us and for a long time were extremely economical up front. Cavan arent good enough to put poor teams away. But got it done that's the main thing.

Well we are lucky the ref didn't give him a yellow as he already had one so we got a 10 minute sin bin instead of 35 mins with 14 men. Gunner brings great physicality but also great stupidity to the team. To be on a yellow and to do that us just off the wall stupid. And its not like we haven't been here before is it?

I fancy Fermanagh today,  they are waiting in the long grass for Down.
Is a yellow and a black card not a red anyway or has that changed?

Yeah, I'm not sure he was yellow carded though in first place

I don't think the yellow + black = red rule is there anymore although I xould be wrong. I'm almost certain gunner was booked in 1st half

Yellow and black = RED is still a rule

skeog

tintin25

Brutal tactics being deployed, particularly from Fermanagh - Donegal or Armagh would coast past either of these sides and Cavan

imtommygunn

Down have a few tidy enough players but not quite at the level of the top teams overall. Fermanagh have been like this for a few years - they lack real threat do have to set up ultra defensively.

tintin25

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2020, 02:59:38 PM
Down have a few tidy enough players but not quite at the level of the top teams overall. Fermanagh have been like this for a few years - they lack real threat do have to set up ultra defensively.

Agree.  Down have always had handy,quick forwards.  Probably too harsh to judge McMenamin after this campaign but would be expecting much better next year.

imtommygunn

With how many cases they had etc I would say he needs a good bit more time. Down and Cavan should be a much more interesting game - has the makings of a good one that. I maybe just fancy down but suspect they'd be similar levels.

FermGael

That was a bad a second half as I have seen from Fermanagh in quite a while.
We made Down look like world beaters.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

grounded

Quote from: tintin25 on November 08, 2020, 02:51:52 PM
Brutal tactics being deployed, particularly from Fermanagh - Donegal or Armagh would coast past either of these sides and Cavan

Yep, not pretty to watch. Down much better the second half and crucially have a lot more pace.
      Donegal at full strength would definitely dispatch Down handy enough. Im not so sure about Armagh or Cavan(ive a feeling there at a similar level to Down). I guess next weekend will tell the tell.
      Unfortunately with Covid 19, key players could be missing. That could make all the difference

balladmaker

Given this weekends games, Armagh v Donegal shaping up to be the Ulster Final, with Donegal the Champions-Elect at this stage.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: balladmaker on November 08, 2020, 03:43:42 PM
Given this weekends games, Armagh v Donegal shaping up to be the Ulster Final, with Donegal the Champions-Elect at this stage.

Given how both games went, I would tend to agree.

Down seemed to have that bit more in them today, but based on the style of play employed, it would be more of a token final appearance between themselves and Cavan. 

Moooney sparked a bit of magic to create the goal which gave Down the impetus to kick on, but if they play a first half of football like that against Donegal/Armagh they are toast. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

SHEEDY

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 08, 2020, 04:30:59 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on November 08, 2020, 03:43:42 PM

Given how both games went, I would tend to agree.

Down seemed to have that bit more in them today, but based on the style of play employed, it would be more of a token final appearance between themselves and Cavan. 

Moooney sparked a bit of magic to create the goal which gave Down the impetus to kick on, but if they play a first half of football like that against Donegal/Armagh they are toast. 

really sticking your necks out with the donegal prediction lads  ;)
Donegal are one of the top 5 teams in the country, the other 3 teams are not near their level.
nil satis nisi optimum

armaghniac

However, if Armagh stay in touch with Donegal they might just get a last minute goal, such things have been known to happen to top teams.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 08, 2020, 06:24:06 PM
However, if Armagh stay in touch with Donegal they might just get a last minute goal, such things have been known to happen to top teams.

They need a night like Cork had
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

I dunno lads, that Down team def can get better and if they beat Cavan they could be dangerous in the final. My worry for Cavan if they beat Down they'll be out four weeks on the trot and Ulster final could be too much and mighten have the legs for it.
If Armagh was to beat Donegal next Sat it would become a 50/50 final with either Cavan or Down but if Donegal win against Armagh they'll be hot favourites
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch