Ulster Championship 2020

Started by J70, October 26, 2020, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Itchy

This is a shocking display from Cavan. Heads will roll if they lose this.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 07, 2020, 02:29:35 PM
Antrim wasteful with chances.

That's true and we lack the physically of breaking tackles, which is evident in most parts of this game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Cavan look the likely winners now.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2020, 02:33:37 PM

That's true and we lack the physically of breaking tackles, which is evident in most parts of this game

Not really that - too many wides.

You can have all the S & C you want but if you can't kick the ball, under pressure or not, over the bar then you're done for.

Simple as.

Angelo

Down seem to missing a few big players tomorrow?

Are D O'Hagan, R Johnston and Harrison still involved or injured? I'd fancy them to make the Ulster final if they had a full contingent.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on November 07, 2020, 02:57:07 PM

You can have all the S & C you want but if you can't kick the ball, under pressure or not, over the bar then you're done for.

Simple as.

The strength and conditioning allows you to have the strength to kick a score, it's not all about breaking tackles, it's having the strength and conditioning to shoot or lay off the best ball.

But yes it's an area for any team to improve on

Itchy

Really sloppy performance from Cavan and if Antrim had a bit more quality they couldve won. I thought the ref was good. Black cards were all correct bar maybe Oisin Kiernans which he had little chance to get out of the way. Just glad to get over that game and the nature of win will certainly suck away expectations of the cavan support.

Nanderson

Quote from: Angelo on November 07, 2020, 03:01:03 PM
Down seem to missing a few big players tomorrow?

Are D O'Hagan, R Johnston and Harrison still involved or injured? I'd fancy them to make the Ulster final if they had a full contingent.
O'Hagan and Harrison are out for the season but Ryan Johnston will be on the panel tomorrow

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on November 07, 2020, 03:06:03 PM
Really sloppy performance from Cavan and if Antrim had a bit more quality they couldve won. I thought the ref was good. Black cards were all correct bar maybe Oisin Kiernans which he had little chance to get out of the way. Just glad to get over that game and the nature of win will certainly suck away expectations of the cavan support.

It was a impossible call on that black card, the problem was it was a foul and a yellow but the call is a black due to taking him out..

Big call from ref and I think bar that one slight push on Paddy Gallagher on goal I thought he was excellent.

Cavan don't seem to be the team that plays well with the favourites tag so they'll put this behind them and set themselves up for the next game.

J70

Quote from: Itchy on November 07, 2020, 03:06:03 PM

Not sure what the lad could have done with that black.

Had he not turned his shoulder, the pair would have collided face to face.

There was no way to avoid that collision.

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2020, 03:04:10 PM
Quote from: marty34 on November 07, 2020, 02:57:07 PM

Simple as.

The strength and conditioning allows you to have the strength to kick a score, it's not all about breaking tackles, it's having the strength and conditioning to shoot or lay off the best ball.

But yes it's an area for any team to improve on

What?

Are you saying you need S & C to kick a ball over the bar from 30 yards?

I've heard it all now.

Blowitupref

Antrim to credit was well organised in defence and Cavan had to work hard for every score and the win. What happened in that league match against Wicklow? Going by that performance it makes no sense why Antrim conceded 7 goals against Wicklow.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose