Ulster Championship 2020

Started by J70, October 26, 2020, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Tyrone gave away the ball time after time in the second half Morgan bombing kicks on the Donegal half back line which they kept winning.

Donegal owned the ball in the second half and we're deserved winners!

screenexile

Harte out?

This was supposed to be his last year anyway was it not?

tonto1888

Quote from: BennyCake on November 01, 2020, 03:13:26 PM
Quote from: Estimator on November 01, 2020, 03:11:23 PM
McKernan just slapped Murphy on the head... Red Card.

He had a dig at him first though. Not sure if he connected with Murphy or punched the ball against his face.

Think he just punched the Ball out of his hand

The Hill is Blue

Fair dues to both teams. A great game in terrible conditions.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

dublin7

Tyrone were gifted a goal and still lost by 2 points. Lack of leadership up front for Tyrone. At least McKenna and Canavan tried. Harte might as well have been sitting in the stand. He would have got to stay dry and would have been as effective as he was on the pitch

illdecide

Angelo what about Micky Harte? Sack him? should never have been reappointed ;). Out of his depth. Hasn't a clue (Sorry to the rest of you Tyrone boyo's)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Tyrone had so many goal chances in that second half.

Bradley and Harte had two wonderful opportunities for goals but took the points.

Really frustrating, Tyrone kicked it away.

It was a mental decision to withdraw McCurry that early too.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tyroneman

Murphy has been refereeing matches for years now. He's just unfortunate refs fear Dublin and Kerry more than him.

How many soft frees did Doneagl get in that second half. 

Armagh18

Quote from: tyrone08 on November 01, 2020, 03:15:15 PM
Few observations following the match

Winter football is a horrendous idea.
Mcquillan is (still) a horrible ref.
Tyrone are exactly where I thought they are.
Donegal played well but not as far on as I thought.
Tierarn McCann and Conor Meyler need to go.
Michael Murphy is always beside the ref following an incident.

Conditions had a huge effect, Donegal were impressive enough I thought. Meyler done rightly I thought, didn't see much of McHugh

Eire90

That was a great game the reason for intensity and hype was cause its knockout time for gaa to back to knockout and for those  that moan knockout aint fair and too harsh well have two all  ireland series per year a spring all ireland an an autumn all ireland.

Newbridge Exile

Its hard to beat knockout championship football, fair play to both teams in those conditions.

J70

No sign of McBrearty either.

Wonder will he be back for two weeks time?

tyroneman

Harte anonymous again, but McCurry the man hooked. Typical.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: screenexile on November 01, 2020, 03:18:55 PM
Harte out?

This was supposed to be his last year anyway was it not?

Banty will be available shortly I'd highly recommend him as Hartes replacement.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2020, 03:17:27 PM
Murphy spent the entire second half shouting at McQuillan telling him what to do and McQuillan rode Tyrone. He got soft free after soft free after soft free. Murphy shouting at him all game yet he pulls in two frees for Donegal into the scoring range. It was madness, a pathetic refereeing performance.

Umpire has to call that penalty as well when McMenamin handles it on the ground, he's looking right at it.

Umpire can't call penalty, so stop talking about it. Would have been a very harsh one to give, wasn't deliberate and conditions attributed to the touch.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea