Ulster Championship 2020

Started by J70, October 26, 2020, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on October 28, 2020, 06:53:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2020, 06:06:42 PM
Quote from: Taylor on October 28, 2020, 05:08:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2020, 04:57:05 PM
I may be showing my ignorance here, but how is young Canavan?

Does he have the makings of a player in the same league as his father?

He is exceptional J70.

Not sure if he is at the level of the Da but there is masses of potential there.

His development will depend on how we play - we have been known to stifle a number of forwards in recent years

Refereed him last year in a schools finalsl game, decent player and was being picked on by the opposition a lot! But he shrugged it off and played really well, would need to strengthen up a bit, height wise (like myself) is against him, which in the modern game he'd need to have speed and strength to get through it.

Are you sure it was Darragh? There's another son Ruairi who was playing for St Ciaran's last year in a final as far as I know.

Darragh is an exceptional talent. Obviously there'll be comparisons with his Da but he'll be an excellent player in his own right.

Must have been then, they won after extra time I think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Was listening to Brendan Devenney and Colm Cavanagh on Off the Ball yesterday. Conor McKenna too.

Apparently the Donegal-Tyrone league game was the first game Tyrone played since the spring.

Surely THAT was a factor in them losing the game?

Methinks the Tyrone boys are being a wee bit cute here with the defeatism.

McBrearty still a doubt for us too.

Angelo

Quote from: J70 on October 29, 2020, 11:53:08 AM
Was listening to Brendan Devenney and Colm Cavanagh on Off the Ball yesterday. Conor McKenna too.

Apparently the Donegal-Tyrone league game was the first game Tyrone played since the spring.

Surely THAT was a factor in them losing the game?

Methinks the Tyrone boys are being a wee bit cute here with the defeatism.

McBrearty still a doubt for us too.

Tyrone are almost certain to be missing five starters from last year's AI SF with Kerry.

Hampsey
R Brennan
Cassidy
R Donnelly
McShane

There's 2 all stars in there and Brennan has been our best defender over the last 18 months. We are down a load of players. Donegal are strong favourites and that is reflected in the odds.

6 when you actually include Cavanagh too.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Main Street

A timely tribute to Nudie Hughes unveiled  (almost) on the eve  of the 2020 Ulster championship campaign.

I didn't know he could hurl as well. 

https://twitter.com/RTEmcbennettd/status/1321852184900849665/photo/1

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on October 30, 2020, 07:56:10 PM
A timely tribute to Nudie Hughes unveiled  (almost) on the eve  of the 2020 Ulster championship campaign.

Castleblaney man? Great hurling team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Tyrone's appeal for the ref incident being heard today I believe.

12 week ban is too long imo, but I think there should be some ban. But not sure if the rules allow for a small ban, might be either 0 or 12.

GrandMasterFlash

Any man know of any 'streams' for today's match, in lieu of not having Sky Sports or Virgin Media?

BennyCake

Is Nudie not well or what?

Schkite

Quote from: BennyCake on October 31, 2020, 12:16:29 PM

He's been battling cancer the last couple of years. Not sure if it had been public knowledge but I only heard about it in an interview with him earlier in the summer. Back then he was still getting treatment, haven't heard anything more since but hopefully he's doing well.

BennyCake

Didn't hear that. Hope he's doing well.

tonto1888

Cavan just need to stay in touch here

tonto1888

Main Street

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on October 31, 2020, 11:56:11 AM
Any man know of any 'streams' for today's match, in lieu of not having Sky Sports or Virgin Media?
If you haven't got one yet, this might do you, stable so far.
cricfree.live/watchfeeds/index/112

Main Street

Quote from: Schkite on October 31, 2020, 12:25:07 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 31, 2020, 12:16:29 PM

He's been battling cancer the last couple of years. Not sure if it had been public knowledge but I only heard about it in an interview with him earlier in the summer. Back then he was still getting treatment, haven't heard anything more since but hopefully he's doing well.
He's in the photo, life size vs the legend, looks alive and sprightly on the outside. I think it must be about 18 months or more  since he suddenly stopped the Northern Sound  co-commentry.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose