Ulster Club SFC 2021

Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

In the altered words of Brolly.......' You may forget about the council regarding it as a GAA man'

Council are a joke of an organization whilst that tube O'Hagan, is he still about??

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: theticklemister on December 21, 2021, 11:33:38 AM
In the altered words of Brolly.......' You may forget about the council regarding it as a GAA man'

Council are a joke of an organization whilst that tube O'Hagan, is he still about??

Aye he is , absolute useless anti city man.

imtommygunn

Derry city not alone in this regard. Some DUP heavy councils wouldn't be very forthcoming with money for GAA clubs.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 21, 2021, 12:15:10 PM
Derry city not alone in this regard. Some DUP heavy councils wouldn't be very forthcoming with money for GAA clubs.
Breaking news just in. Scientists have just confirmed that water is wet.

JoG2

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 21, 2021, 12:20:45 PM

Is it?

armaghniac

Quote from: JoG2 on December 21, 2021, 02:59:17 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 21, 2021, 12:20:45 PM

Is it?

Only above 0C.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

nrico2006

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 21, 2021, 03:21:04 PM
Quote from: Wolfetones on December 21, 2021, 03:08:06 PM
There is one in Strathroy. There was talk of it being transferred to St Endas or Tyrone Ladies. Not sure if its full size or not. Pitch at Youth Sport but again not Council owned. Massive need for a centre like the MUSA in the Omagh area. Drumquin's pitch is almost complete and ready for use.

Forgot about Strathroy! :-[ Never been at it but if it's not at least 130 metres long then it's not really much use to a club for playing games on and would St. Enda's really need it when they already have St. Patrick's Park as a secondary ground already?

A facility like MUSA in the Omagh area would be great, but MUSAs own location in Cookstown makes it very accessible to a lot of East Tyrone/South Derry/SW Antrim, whereas such a facility out west would likely need more than just the Omagh area in mind, probably the whole FODC area alongside the Derg & Clogher valleys. Youth Sport Omagh is an OK spot, but GAA provision there always seemed to be somewhat of a bolt-on rather than be one of the primary activities - the changing rooms themselves are too small for Gaelic Football and Hurling teams for a start. IIRC there's little major GAA activity there now, some training nights for the county girls football teams and not much else. Used to be more popular back over a decade or so ago.

County hurlers used to use Youth Sport Omagh until 12/13 years ago when they shifted to Mid Ulster which was a better set-up.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: Wolfetones on December 21, 2021, 03:08:06 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 21, 2021, 02:48:47 PM
It's not just in Derry city apparently where the local authority might be found wanting in providing council-owned GAA pitches for hire - I'm not sure about the Fermanagh part but the Tyrone part of the Fermanagh & Omagh DC doesn't really have much in the way of council-owned GAA playing fields. There's council owned GAA pitches in Dromore (at Crawford's Lane next door to Tummery Athletic's soccer pitch, though I think it's rarely used by the Dromore GAA club now), Trillick & Gortin. I know that there was one in Drumquin that was conveniently located next door to the GAA club that was in good use when Drumquin's main pitch was being done up - now the GAA club has bought the council field and are doing it up themselves. There's none in Omagh town itself. There used to be one in Fintona at Ecclesville Park in the early 90's that had wooden goalposts, but it had to make way for the development of the Ecclesville Centre and there's been no replacement since.

There is one in Strathroy. There was talk of it being transferred to St Endas or Tyrone Ladies. Not sure if its full size or not. Pitch at Youth Sport but again not Council owned. Massive need for a centre like the MUSA in the Omagh area. Drumquin's pitch is almost complete and ready for use.

Is Garvaghey not able to be use??

yellowcard

What province do the Ulster champions face in the AI club semi final this year?

FermGael

On the Fermanagh side there is a 3g pitch at the bawnacre in Irvinestown and there is a Gaa pitch at the forum in Enniskillen
Last time I checked there were 2 soccer pitches across the Gaa pitch at the forum though .
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Blowitupref

Quote from: yellowcard on December 21, 2021, 05:04:20 PM

Munster. Kilcoo are the current favourites for the All-Ireland, justified?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

yellowcard

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 21, 2021, 05:14:56 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on December 21, 2021, 05:04:20 PM

Munster. Kilcoo are the current favourites for the All-Ireland, justified?

So it will be a Kerry or Cork side. I think favourtism means very little really although they are a very hard team to play against. Derrygonnelly could quite easily beat Kilcoo next time out if we base the form guide on the last time the two sides met in 2019.

Unlike intercounty football there is no real reliable form guide with these club sides. Very often momentum is everything but by the AI semi final stage all four sides will already have built this. A lot depends on preparation, injuries and circumstances on the day. Any of the remaining sides left could easily win the competition outright. There is no peak Corofin, Crossmaglen or Nemo to contend with this year. 

Wildweasel74

Bought one of those Drumsurn tickets. Not sure where I put my motor home though lol.

cynic

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 21, 2021, 02:48:47 PM
It's not just in Derry city apparently where the local authority might be found wanting in providing council-owned GAA pitches for hire - I'm not sure about the Fermanagh part but the Tyrone part of the Fermanagh & Omagh DC doesn't really have much in the way of council-owned GAA playing fields. There's council owned GAA pitches in Dromore (at Crawford's Lane next door to Tummery Athletic's soccer pitch, though I think it's rarely used by the Dromore GAA club now), Trillick & Gortin. I know that there was one in Drumquin that was conveniently located next door to the GAA club that was in good use when Drumquin's main pitch was being done up - now the GAA club has bought the council field and are doing it up themselves. There's none in Omagh town itself. There used to be one in Fintona at Ecclesville Park in the early 90's that had wooden goalposts, but it had to make way for the development of the Ecclesville Centre and there's been no replacement since.

There is no council-owned GAA pitch in Trillick.  In fact, there is no council pitch of any kind in Trillick.  Never heard of one in Dromore either. 

FermGael

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 22, 2021, 09:44:20 PM
Quote from: cynic on December 22, 2021, 06:35:46 PMThere is no council-owned GAA pitch in Trillick.  In fact, there is no council pitch of any kind in Trillick.  Never heard of one in Dromore either.

I was told that the GAA pitch next door to St. Scire's PS was council owned, maybe that's wrong?

I'm pretty certain though that the GAA pitch in Dromore at Crawfords Lane is council owned - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.520071,-7.4505447,3a,90y,310.77h,79.25t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7yU4JgdrgZujFer8ippa1Q!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Edit: Is the pitch I mentioned in Gortin now owned by the Gaelic Football club there now?

Quote from: FermGael on December 21, 2021, 05:06:12 PM
On the Fermanagh side there is a 3g pitch at the bawnacre in Irvinestown and there is a Gaa pitch at the forum in Enniskillen
Last time I checked there were 2 soccer pitches across the Gaa pitch at the forum though .

If the FODC were to ever develop their own MUSA-like sports facility, the Bawnacre or somewhere near would probably be a decent/compromise location for it.
Or maybe the Necarne  ?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered