The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Kauto heading to Down Royal lads... Can't wait, going masel... Very good line up

QuotePAUL NICHOLLS, fresh from his Munster National success with Dear Villez at Limerick on Sunday, has 2007 Gold Cup winner Kauto Star and Turko among the 19 entries for the JNWine.com Champion Chase at Down Royal on November 1.

Nicholls won the race last year with Taranis and the Grade 1 event over 3m has also attracted three other British-trained entries - Air Force One (Charlie Mann), Turpin Green (Nicky Richards) and The Listener (Nick Mitchell).

The home team is headed by Kicking King, runner-up in 2004 before winning the Gold Cup the following year. He is also entered at Punchestown on Thursday. Other notable entries include Munster National runner-up Mister Top Notch and Willie Mullins' Snowy Morning.

Our Nail Loney

Excellent racing today at punchestown...

Return of War of Attrition from the 2006 lexus, against kicking king who I think is finished now and watson lake who is giving weight to the pair...

Also excellent hurdler Trafford Lad goes chasing today, have to fancy it against Kalderon...

Thats my double anyway...

full back

Have you had any money for a horse called Richo at Great Leighs tonight nail?

under the bar

QuoteExcellent racing today at punchestown...

Return of War of Attrition from the 2006 lexus, against kicking king who I think is finished now and watson lake who is giving weight to the pair...

What time are they up?

Hardy

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: full back on October 16, 2008, 03:24:29 PM

Thursday is my day off sorry full back... I will ring in and see though...

Our Nail Loney

Very tight finish... Trafford Lad jumped well but was bit shaky toward the end

Stewards inquiry called after a bit of argie bargie down the straight!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: full back on October 16, 2008, 03:24:29 PM

No interest at all for that horse full back, not even one single bet on it... Only in a few yankees/lucky fifteens, which means f**k all... You get a word for it?

Form isn't great     451038

Racing Post Spotlight:

Looked progressive when grinding out win over stiff 7f on turf in summer; not had same test of stamina since in nurseries, so too soon to be writing him off now upped in trip, but reluctance to go to post last time of some concern and probably bit to find overall.

Think I will avoid it!

Our Nail Loney

Anyone know if Grahams pay out double result?

Our Nail Loney

Happy days and I think Grahams pay out double result...

full back

Aye, the form seems pretty sh1te on Ricoh, nail
Was 16/1 earlier so might do something ew as this boy had a winner & 2nd in the last 2 'tips' (I wasnt told about these mind you  :-\ )

Our Nail Loney

Got the earlies as well so had 6/5 on trafford lad and 13/8 on WoA

Our Nail Loney

Had a sneaky tenner on war at 70/1 for the gold cup on betfair in july, its in to 20/1 now... Might wait til it goes down a bit more then trade it out, don't think it will have enough to win but was very impressive today

News through that kalderon seems ok on at the races

Bud Wiser

Anyone hear about Castle Bar Sling running tomorrow in Tipp or what odds it is? 
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Bud Wiser on October 16, 2008, 07:12:28 PM
Anyone hear about Castle Bar Sling running tomorrow in Tipp or what odds it is? 

9/1 on betfair...