The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Quote from: Lecale2 on January 16, 2008, 11:44:44 AM
Check out Mafasina @ Kempton. I got word she'll be trying.

She's been napped on the Sporting Life website...  ???

full back

It's 8/1 from 15/2 AFAIK
Only 7 runners in race now :(

Sky Blue

It's available at 16/1 on Bet Fair. If it wins I'll eat my hat, coat and scarf!!

Where's your info from Lecale? I know you've posted winning tips before but this looks very unlikely IMO.

SouthArmaghBandit

Aristotle Flynn

Only the bookie wins. Keep your money in your pocket.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Muzz

Out to 10/1 on ladbrokes

Silky

Muzz

Ran well.  Wasnt trying enough :-)

Lecale2

Mickey Linden

Great racing today at Gowran where we will see the return of the King! Anyone any tips or selections? I fancy Royal Man in the big one.

Louth Exile

I hope you are not tipping him based on a John Duggan recommendation, that guys tips are muck
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Louth Exile on January 24, 2008, 09:56:58 AM
I hope you are not tipping him based on a John Duggan recommendation, that guys tips are muck

Whos John Duggan? I was just thinking he will run well cause he likes the ground and isnt carrying too much weight. Will be terrible ground today due to recent rain. He won last time out too.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Mickey Linden on January 24, 2008, 11:05:32 AM
Quote from: Louth Exile on January 24, 2008, 09:56:58 AM

Whos John Duggan? I was just thinking he will run well cause he likes the ground and isnt carrying too much weight. Will be terrible ground today due to recent rain. He won last time out too.

You are better off not knowing who he is  :D He gives tips (rarely winning ones) on Today FM on a Thursday morning.

I just had a look at KK's record on Heavy ground, he has only run on heavy ground twice! Firstly when well beaten in a nothing bumper and other time was when comfortably beating Central House in a 2mile Novice hurdle at around this time of year. The trip is no problem to him, as only the brilliant Well Chief in the Arkle. It would be great to see him run well. There will be no touching Nickname today though
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

Great run by Kicking King - made all the running and just pipped by Nickname who got up in the last 100 yards.  KK might have won but for a blunder at the second-last which knocked the momentum out of him. Geraghty did well to stay on board.

1 Nickname
2 Kicking King
3 Newmill

3 ran.

FermGael

lads got a tip there now. 

2.45 Gowran Park NewBay Prop
Have no idea what the horse is like but i stuck a tenner on it at 7/1
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered