The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranworst

Thought it was greed making it run seven days after the irish guineas for the french and its gonna have took it out of her big time

Girt if you don't back mi emma now the woman will kill you

Sky Blue

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 22, 2007, 12:45:32 PM
Got a call for Lough Tae Newmarket.

Loch Tay in from 20/1 to 12/1 on Paddy P. 

High Catch

Alot of money for a horse by the name of CUTE in the first race at Ascot today - 33/1 into 16/1 and still going down. Quite a big move.

girt_giggler

Quote from: Stranworst on June 22, 2007, 02:20:47 PM
Thought it was greed making it run seven days after the irish guineas for the french and its gonna have took it out of her big time

Girt if you don't back mi emma now the woman will kill you

Had to back it, so 40 big ones on it she goes.  of course if it wins she will be happy I was thinking of her by backing it.....   I had a tenner on it love *cough*!   ;)  ;D

Sky Blue

50/1 winner in the first at Ascott!

gerrykeegan

john mcgill

Re: The Horse racing thread
« Reply #215 on: June 19, 2007, 10:51:08 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ascot for the Coronation, Indian Ink.  came from the owner who was trying on his tops and tails the same time as a friend of mine.  Big odds so each way.

Well done son backed him at 20's Between you and Benny its been a great week!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

AZOffaly

Holy Jaysus. Another big winner from Benny, although in fairness I had him from Newstalk's Don whatyacallim as well.

Nice one though Benny, a successful week after a bad start :D

Edit : Sorry john, I thought that came from benny. Either way, a lovely touch. Thanks again!!

john mcgill

Well done. Actually forgot to back him myself, even after checking the form this morning.  The brother and my wife had the horse so I'm hoping to live off them this weekend!

Louth Exile

Quote from: john mcgill on June 19, 2007, 10:51:08 AM
Ascot for the Coronation, Indian Ink.  came from the owner who was trying on his tops and tails the same time as a friend of mine.  Big odds so each way.
Had to call into Boyles today to get gift vouchers and just happened to be five minutes before the race. Haven't backed a thing all week at ascot, saw Indian Ink on the board and had an each way punt. Cheers John, covered the cost of the gift vouchers and then some :)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Lecale2

Good man John. I got her @ 20/1 on Betfair!! Le Soleil obliged as well. This has been a very good week for the tipsters on the board.

maddog

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 08, 2007, 11:57:57 AM
all right slim the name of the horse is" out after dark" and he is running in the wokinham handicap,as i said i got him at 25's don't go mad on it but it should be worth a punt  ;)

Still 20/1 today and looking back in the form doesnt mind a bit of cut in the ground. I'll be having an ew dig.

the Deel Rover

hello maddog i was talking to the owner today and they are happy with the ground, he is worth the e/w bet but don't go mad and keep the fingers crossed ;) ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Lecale2

Good man Maddog. Backed EW @ 20s.

Is anybody having a go at Leifly? 20/1 this morning with Eastwood. Another EW prospect?

AZOffaly

Good man Bud, good advice about Liefly again. Jaysus she looks like one lazy cow. The 'don't bet' tips are as good as the 'fill your boots' tips some times :D

Square Ball

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 23, 2007, 12:54:52 PM
Good man Maddog. Backed EW @ 20s.

Is anybody having a go at Leifly? 20/1 this morning with Eastwood. Another EW prospect?

Yip  :(
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid