stephen ireland

Started by Clown, December 16, 2008, 01:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 16, 2008, 03:21:48 PM
He is a tube but Ireland badly need a decent midfielder right now.  He has done well this season but I have yet to be overly impressed by him anytime I have saw him. 

No doubt if he played for the red half of Manchester you would have a different view.
He has been the player of the season in the Premier League so far,granted the last few games he has gone off the boil a little but he is having one hell of a season.
I would be delighted to see him come back
You'll Never Walk Alone.

slow corner back

Ireland is a good player but I think you are wrong to assume he will walk back into the team. Trappatoni likes big tall strong midfielders who work hard, this is his stated reason for leaving out Andy Reid. Stephen Ireland does not tick any of those boxes

The Biff

Whatever about slagging his "hairstyle", I'd be more worried about what the team would say about his motor ......

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Manchester-Citys-Stephen-Ireland-Has-The-Worst-Ride-Ever-Blog-6996

Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.

carribbear

Was that picture old or is that the wig?

Tony Baloney

Would you keep the paint job?

Rav67

Trap will have to find a place for him, he's far too good to leave out and he's played wide right, wide left, centre mid and just off the front for City before so he's very versatile.  I hope Trap plays him centre midfield but he's a cautious type so it could be McGeady who gets the chop.

rosnarun

the guy has made it quiet clear he doesn't want to play on the FAI's team . so it a non subject. if they acted like a shower of c***ts to him  hes dead right.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

toiletroller

he seems like a right chav/ spide what ever you want to call him. The customised Range Rover seals has confirmed it for me!

nrico2006

QuoteNo doubt if he played for the red half of Manchester you would have a different view.
He has been the player of the season in the Premier League so far,granted the last few games he has gone off the boil a little but he is having one hell of a season.
I would be delighted to see him come back

Maybe, my point was that I haven't watched all of Citys games but I watched the derby and he was anonymous.  He would be a good addition to the team but I think that people are expecting too much from him.  As for the FAI treating him badly, i think that is a bit over the top.  The whole granny affair was his own doing and he dug his own hole.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Leo

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 17, 2008, 09:20:20 AM

Maybe, my point was that I haven't watched all of Citys games but I watched the derby and he was anonymous.  He would be a good addition to the team but I think that people are expecting too much from him.  As for the FAI treating him badly, i think that is a bit over the top.  The whole granny affair was his own doing and he dug his own hole.

The desperation among Ireland fans to worship at the altar of some bling-bling workaday footballer masks the true paucity of the talent available to Trappatoni. I am not a Man Utd fan by any stretch (ABU really) but take that team  as a yardstick and ask how many of the Irish premiership "stars" would get a look-in. Maybe Given (but not ahead of Van der Sar), Dunne (but not ahead of Vidic or, God save us, even Ferdinand) or, as a squad player, Doyle.The much maligned O'Shea gets a squad place on consistency and versatlity for the club but is far from a first choice. Ferguson clearly rates Gibson as a coming player and occasional squad choice and on the basis he should be good enough for this very mediocre Ireland team.
Would you depend on Stephen Ireland in the heat of a World Cup away battle when he cant take a bit of hairy slagging and will sell one or two grannies to duck out of his responsibilities.
There must be something about the water in that Lee.
Fierce tame altogether

dublinfella

Quote from: rosnarun on December 17, 2008, 01:15:16 AM
the guy has made it quiet clear he doesn't want to play on the FAI's team . so it a non subject. if they acted like a shower of c***ts to him  hes dead right.

This would be the same FAI who chartered a plane to get him home to his granny's 'funeral'?

Hyland had an interesting piece in the Herald yesterday (I know...) where he responded to the father saying that at some point next year he might come back with 'don't do us any favours'.

He is a good player and we could do with him, but the simple fact is he has alienated the rest of the squad, sat back and allowed the FAI to be unfairly destroyed in the press, failed to show up for a meeting with Trap and Brady and now has the neck to think he can stroll back whenever it suits him. I can guarantee he will never play for the Irish side under Trappatoni.

He personifies the spoilt brat EPL player.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 16, 2008, 09:52:29 PM

No doubt if he played for the red half of Manchester you would have a different view.

oh the irony
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Ireland is a decent player, and had a good start to the season. Hes comfortable at city and hughes is obviously handling him well. He would bring good energy to the midfield and maybe a goal or two, but Im not sure he will cope with not being ,for want of a better word mollycoddled, in the Ireland squad. If Trap and Brady can get him right mentally to come back then it could be worthwhile, Im not convinced Trap wants the hassle. Im not convinced Ireland is mature enough to let the past go either.

Oh and if he does come back, leave the y- fronts in Burnage theres a good lad.
Its Grim up North

rosnarun

This would be the same FAI who chartered a plane to get him home to his granny's 'funeral'?

Hyland had an interesting piece in the Herald yesterday (I know...) where he responded to the father saying that at some point next year he might come back with 'don't do us any favours'.

He is a good player and we could do with him, but the simple fact is he has alienated the rest of the squad, sat back and allowed the FAI to be unfairly destroyed in the press, failed to show up for a meeting with Trap and Brady and now has the neck to think he can stroll back whenever it suits him. I can guarantee he will never play for the Irish side under Trappatoni.

He personifies the spoilt brat EPL player.
aye and the same one who did nothing when he was bullied and abused before on of the FAI's games. no one with any pride would put up with that sort of crap. and a smirking little shit like S hunt does nothing to dispell the notion.
its mot Stephen Ireland that has the problem it the FAI and their crap soccer team ,he's better off without them.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

dublinfella

Quote from: rosnarun on December 18, 2008, 01:37:35 AM

aye and the same one who did nothing when he was bullied and abused before on of the FAI's games. no one with any pride would put up with that sort of crap. and a smirking little shit like S hunt does nothing to dispell the notion.
its mot Stephen Ireland that has the problem it the FAI and their crap soccer team ,he's better off without them.

Has he ever actually alledged he was "bullied and abused"? Thats an aside, but if you think the 'proud' way to deal with stick is to invent the deaths of two grannies you are on a different planet to the rest of us.

The FAI bashing is tedious. What on earth, even if it did happen, is it to with the FAI? Would it be the GAA's fault if a county player quit a panel because he didn't get on with his team mates?

Stephen Ireland didn't attend a scheduled meeting in Manchester with Trappatoni and Brady, two players whose boots he is not fit to lace. That is pure brat behaviour, as is thinking he can just decide at some point to stroll back into the squad.

Talented player, but simply not worth the hassle at the moment. Hopefully he grows up and decides he wants to play for his country as opposed to having international week off.