Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upandwin

Liam staying now by all accounts. Wonder what changed his mind :-X

ck

I know Jim McCorry manages Burren but who has he got with him? Still Eoin McCartan and Adams?

Johnnysboys

Quote from: ck on May 23, 2022, 03:49:22 PM
I know Jim McCorry manages Burren but who has he got with him? Still Eoin McCartan and Adams?

As well as Stephen O'Hare. Then the entourage jim usually likes to surround himself with! Heard a slap was thrown alright and McCartan got a dig from Tony Havern - didn't get it for nothing I'm sure. Did some amount of slabbering in games I've seen Burren play this year. I heard a Ballyholland sub came on n slapped everyone he passed on the pitch. They won't do much slapping on Wednesday night though when the magpies come to visit...

Truth hurts

Is any camogie people on this board? Is there a reason why there are so few camogie games played in the county, there doesn't seem to be much underage being played?

lumpitin

Pete mcgrath and pete jr are in with him

MATTSARACEN

Quote from: upandwin on May 23, 2022, 01:35:04 PM
Liam staying now by all accounts. Wonder what changed his mind :-X

I thought he was getting big money to go to America
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Truth hurts

Quote from: lumpitin on May 24, 2022, 09:34:35 AM
Pete mcgrath and pete jr are in with him

They are in with the premier reserves and reserve to get them to win the Quad.

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on May 24, 2022, 09:32:05 AM
Is any camogie people on this board? Is there a reason why there are so few camogie games played in the county, there doesn't seem to be much underage being played?

Disaster for our U16's and U14's the last few years. We stopped entering U18's as it was a waste of time. Barring Clonduff no one would play them.

Teams pulling out, not travelling is a pain in the arse. I think our U16 camogs had 4 league games last year and two championship games, u14's got slightly more but not much. Clonduff coming strong at those agegroups which is good to see as.

Our U14's camogs will have their third game of the year tonight if Bredagh turn up and that's not a given, U16 girls have had one. Thankfully the older U16's can play adult to offset that a bit.

U15 hurlers are probably into double figures at this stage.

In saying that at Go games blitzes the pitches are full of teams as it's 7/9 aside, just seems to fall apart when girls hit the teen years.

Truth hurts

Quote from: johnnycool on May 24, 2022, 10:20:44 AM

Disaster for our U16's and U14's the last few years. We stopped entering U18's as it was a waste of time. Barring Clonduff no one would play them.

Teams pulling out, not travelling is a pain in the arse. I think our U16 camogs had 4 league games last year and two championship games, u14's got slightly more but not much. Clonduff coming strong at those agegroups which is good to see as.

Our U14's camogs will have their third game of the year tonight if Bredagh turn up and that's not a given, U16 girls have had one. Thankfully the older U16's can play adult to offset that a bit.

In saying that at Go games blitzes the pitches are full of teams as it's 7/9 aside, just seems to fall apart when girls hit the teen years.

I would like to see the reintroduction of the hurling board which could work in conjunction with women's hurling to raise the profile of both codes in the county. There are some big clubs in this county with massive numbers who do not have a Sliothar about the place (Burren , Bryansford, Saval and Rostrevor are 3 that quickly come to mind).  I know there are certain people within Down who wanted rid of the hurling board and divisional boards to give more power to main executive but these sub-committees were doing excellent work. the reserve leagues should be given back to the East and Soth Down boards for a start and bar the A league in underage, the leagues should be regional with less travelling.

In relation to girls dropping off, this is a problem throughout Ireland and I do not know what the answer is but both ladies football and camogie do not seem to be working together in this county and young girls are being pulled in every direction which means both organisations are losing out in the long run.

outinfront

All county premier 1 & 2 should continue to run as is.
Then East Down/South Down leagues for reserves (13 aside optional) with the winners having a one off final East v South.

rosskarr

Quote from: Truth hurts on May 24, 2022, 10:47:58 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 24, 2022, 10:20:44 AM

I would like to see the reintroduction of the hurling board which could work in conjunction with women's hurling to raise the profile of both codes in the county. There are some big clubs in this county with massive numbers who do not have a Sliothar about the place (Burren , Bryansford, Saval and Rostrevor are 3 that quickly come to mind).  I know there are certain people within Down who wanted rid of the hurling board and divisional boards to give more power to main executive but these sub-committees were doing excellent work. the reserve leagues should be given back to the East and Soth Down boards for a start and bar the A league in underage, the leagues should be regional with less travelling.

In relation to girls dropping off, this is a problem throughout Ireland and I do not know what the answer is but both ladies football and camogie do not seem to be working together in this county and young girls are being pulled in every direction which means both organisations are losing out in the long run.
Is that not 4 teams you mention?

Johnnysboys

Nice and handy championship draw.

Back2Winning

Can someone please explain the Junior Championship format? Are Teconnaught, Drumaness and Aghaderg/Glassdrumman straight into 1/4 Finals?

Truth hurts

the county board always pull one or two big draws out in the first round of the SFC  ;)

thewobbler

Quote from: Truth hurts on May 25, 2022, 08:35:52 AM
the county board always pull one or two big draws out in the first round of the SFC  ;)
You strike me as the kind of person who would also complain about dark arts if the big sides were kept apart in an open draw.

Hard to please people who approach everything with an agenda.