virus problem

Started by pebble-dasher, December 18, 2007, 02:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pebble-dasher

got caught with the virus download.obfuskated.  Ran the avg free edition search and it said it removed it to the vault however the virus is still there and it is having converasations with my contacts on msn with out me knowing.  It is trying to send them a picture but it is the virus.  Anyone got any removal ideas

amigo

I also seem to have picked up a virus. My internet has got very slow and keeps throwing me up random pages advertising all sorts of crap. I think the virusis called a Trojan.Vundo. My computer seems to be deleting it ok but cannot remove it. Anyoen any advice.

mannix

Its raging at the minute. just wrap the computer up well and take some lemon.

Square Ball

Quote from: amigo on December 18, 2007, 02:47:06 PM
I also seem to have picked up a virus. My internet has got very slow and keeps throwing me up random pages advertising all sorts of crap. I think the virusis called a Trojan.Vundo. My computer seems to be deleting it ok but cannot remove it. Anyoen any advice.

have you tried running ad-aware?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

J70

Quote from: pebble-dasher on December 18, 2007, 02:32:28 PM
got caught with the virus download.obfuskated.  Ran the avg free edition search and it said it removed it to the vault however the virus is still there and it is having converasations with my contacts on msn with out me knowing.  It is trying to send them a picture but it is the virus.  Anyone got any removal ideas

Buy a decent subscription antivirus programme. AVG Free is pretty poor, as you've just discovered.

In the meantime, do a google search on this obfuscated thing. I doubt if you're the only one who has been infected. There should be plenty of info on the various computer boards.