London Olympics

Started by passedit, March 15, 2011, 03:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

2012 Olympics tickets go on sale
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12741934

Tickets for the London 2012 Olympics have gone on sale, 500 days ahead of the event.

Some 6.6 million tickets are available from the London 2012 website over a six-week period and organisers say all applications will be treated equally.

Anyone thinking of going?

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/homepage

I've signed up for the Basketball and Boxing Finals, prices are a bit steep but sure wth.
Don't Panic

Rois

Applied for athletics, gymnastics and the closing ceremony.  The £20 events only, just in case I get them all!

passedit

Quote from: Rois on March 15, 2011, 03:41:32 PM
Applied for athletics, gymnastics and the closing ceremony.  The £20 events only, just in case I get them all!

There was a bucko on the radio this morning from the organising committee advising people to apply and sure if ye get more than ye bargain for, sell the spares to your mates or some such. Can't imagine that working. All the kids prices are for the early rounds as well, no finals or the like.
Don't Panic

NAG1

Would liked to have heard that boy on because, they had to pass a law earlier in the year outlawing the selling on of tickets to anyone.

Big drive to stop ticket touts. So I would say there is a bit of questioning going on at that boyo!

passedit

Quote from: NAG1 on March 15, 2011, 03:52:03 PM
Would liked to have heard that boy on because, they had to pass a law earlier in the year outlawing the selling on of tickets to anyone.

Big drive to stop ticket touts. So I would say there is a bit of questioning going on at that boyo!

Aye one minute they were on about how many touts they'd nicked already then he was coming out with this guff.
Don't Panic

Boycey

You can only apply if you have a Visa card which it shite in my opinion, I've only got a Mastercard. Think I'll wait til closer to the time and go off and see some random stuff. A bit of archery maybe or weighlifting.

thejuice

Suppose I might as well go along to it, being only up the train tracks from it.  I doubt I'll ever get near another Olympics again other than by chance as I wouldn't be that bothered travelling far to see it for itself.

Boxing is probably our best bet for Irish involvement.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ross4life

Women's beach volleyball might be worth a tagging along too.  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ross4life on March 15, 2011, 04:11:20 PM
Women's beach volleyball might be worth a tagging along too.  ;)
The Irish team still have some work to do

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Boycey on March 15, 2011, 03:58:56 PM
You can only apply if you have a Visa card which it shite in my opinion, I've only got a Mastercard. Think I'll wait til closer to the time and go off and see some random stuff. A bit of archery maybe or weighlifting.
aye that's my plan of action too. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?