2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

The Monument Road

Been away from the country and football scene(still am) for awhile now. It seems the team is doing ok albeit it is Division 4 football. From looking at the remaining fixtures the hardest ones are to come starting with Wicklow on Sunday. This game will give us some idea on where we are (sad to say though that a game against Wicklow is going to be a guideline on where we are right now). I hope i'm wrong but in my opinion some here are on false dawn mode recently. We have probably played the bottom 3 teams in Ireland so far.  I personally think we could find Sunday very very difficult as will the games against Antrim & Carlow. IMO 

BallyroanAbu

I don't think we are in false dawn mode, I personally think we will improve far more than Carlow, Wicklow or Antrim as the summer approaches.  Our bright start is a consequence of decent management and a complete disaster of management ever since TOF.  We have been underperforming for years and this year we have someone while inexperienced clearly capable.  It is a pity that we have not yet got any semblance of our underage in order to allow continuous progression.

Tony

I don't see anybody really on false dawn mode. We're being realistic - promotion for div 4 and a couple of games in the leinster championship (maybe even a semi) is what we hope for. We're pleased with the setup this year but are def not getting carried away. I think that's the consensus across the board. By the way, the bookies also heavily favour us for promotion, as well doing well against Wexford in the Championship (currently 2/7 to beat Wexford). So objectively, we're doing well enough so far this year but nobody is getting carried away yet.

Don Draper

It's been a few years since a few of saw a proper semi

Unlaoised

Anyword on the team?

I presume it will be same as the last day?
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Quote from: Don Draper on February 22, 2018, 06:14:15 PM

You don't suffer from the limpness yourself Don?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

At the moment we are the second most attack minded team in Ireland.....

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on February 23, 2018, 01:54:40 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on February 22, 2018, 06:14:15 PM

You don't suffer from the limpness yourself Don?
About time someone picked up on it

Unlaoised

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on February 23, 2018, 04:39:57 PM
At the moment we are the second most attack minded team in Ireland.....

Yes love these stats!!!
LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

One change. Donoher for O'Reilly.
Harsh on O'Reilly. I'd have gone with Donoher for Farrell.

town1980

i cant get myself excited for one game this year in this division and i know the lads are trying and management are doing a good job but the standard of football is so poor,letrim lost all there games limerick lost all there games waterford drew one and wicklow are as bad i see us wining and it will come down to the antrim game and carlow game and not in my lifetime have i ever rated either team,just win the division and get the hell back up to some competitive football

The PRO

Quote from: town1980 on February 24, 2018, 11:38:13 AM
i cant get myself excited for one game this year in this division and i know the lads are trying and management are doing a good job but the standard of football is so poor,letrim lost all there games limerick lost all there games waterford drew one and wicklow are as bad i see us wining and it will come down to the antrim game and carlow game and not in my lifetime have i ever rated either team,just win the division and get the hell back up to some competitive football
Kinda the same. If we don't win the division it'll be very disappointing.

bannside

Did Antrim not beat you on your own turf in the qualifiers just two years ago. You may not rate us...but you are where you are for a reason! (You can work that bit out yourself Town).