BBC Presenter ‘Scandal’

Started by Dougal Maguire, July 11, 2023, 11:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

This issue needs to be discussed here rather than the thread it's currently being discussed on
Careful now

markl121

There we have it. Huw edwards confirmed

clarshack

And now he's pulled the Mental Health Card. Fcuk right off.
He's a right proper coward.

Capt Pat

Some fall from grace for Huw Edwards. He was held in very high regard by many.

I thought it was going to be the gay presenter from Cork when the scandal first broke.

That is the next question I want answered. Was it a male or a female he was involved with

Will it ever end

If it's been confirmed there's no case to answer by the police - what's the issue here? Surely a private matter between his family which appears complicated at the very least but nonetheless private.

The S*n will hopefully end up being the big losers out of all of this.

Capt Pat

The age of consent in the UK is 16 but that still doesn't mean it is ok for someone of Edwards age to be taking up with 17 year olds.

supersub

Another gutter stunt by an absolute rag of a publication.

Kidder81

Quote from: Will it ever end on July 12, 2023, 06:46:32 PM
If it's been confirmed there's no case to answer by the police - what's the issue here? Surely a private matter between his family which appears complicated at the very least but nonetheless private.

The S*n will hopefully end up being the big losers out of all of this.

These things are never "private matters" when you are "famous"

clarshack

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 12, 2023, 06:51:01 PM
The age of consent in the UK is 16 but that still doesn't mean it is ok for someone of Edwards age to be taking up with 17 year olds.

I thought the issue was that it was Illegal to ask or to get pics of U-18's.
The age gap alone ffs.

Mourne Red

Quote from: clarshack on July 12, 2023, 08:38:46 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on July 12, 2023, 06:51:01 PM

I thought the issue was that it was Illegal to ask or to get pics of U-18's.
The age gap alone ffs.

It is illegal but apparently they weren't 17 when they were sent.. Police said there's no case so must have been when the victim/other party was 18.

Kidder81

Illegal or otherwise a bit of a sick puppy and another Philip Schofield, all we will hear in the coming days is how brave he is but not a word about the family he has put through the wringer

Milltown Row2

I'm sure Schofield is feeling less pressure too, which, with his mental health, is a good thing 8)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

So the Sun who paid 16 year olds to pose topless ran a story about seedy, but completely legal, shenanigans and destroyed the chap. Yippee

AustinPowers

The arse is Really  being ripped out of  the mental health card . It's like the boy  who cried wolf . Somebody up to no good, caught with their trousers down , or whatever shenanigans  they participate in, and then it's  ...."oh my mental health . 

Schofield did it.  Said he now understood how that woman Fleck felt . More or less , telling the press "back off", because I'm teetering on the edge , and if I top myself ,  it'll be your fault for hounding/exposing me.

THe people  who genuinely have mental health problems  will be the  real sufferers in the long run . Because the mental  health card will be played so much , that  nobody will take it seriously  even when someone is genuinely suffering