Ulster Club SFC 2016

Started by WT4E, September 27, 2016, 10:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: general_lee on November 14, 2016, 11:53:28 AM
So in the interests of clarity.. Tyrone has the best club championship in Ulster despite not producing any winners except one (two?) club who won it twice. Tyrone don't win Ulster apparently because they don't have any super clubs.. whatever a super club is 🤔

In the interests of clarity - I think the point being made by most sane Tyrone posters, (but people like yourself most likely have ignored on purpose) is that Tyrone have the most competitive championship and the fact to back that up was the number of different winners in the last few years. I don't think that this is disputable. Is it?
That was never a square ball!!

yellowcard

The Ulster final is the one that most people would have predicted at the outset of the competition. It is a hard match to call and will be a dogfight that could go either way but Slaughtneill have done it before and Kilcoo have struggled to get over the line in Ulster so if pushed I'd favour the Derry men to just edge it.   

DennistheMenace

Tyrone Championship might be competitive but it isn't as good a standard as Derry.

general_lee

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 14, 2016, 12:02:20 PM
So in the interests of clarity.. Tyrone has the best club championship in Ulster despite not producing any winners except one (two?) club who won it twice. Tyrone don't win Ulster apparently because they don't have any super clubs.. whatever a super club is 🤔

In the interests of clarity - I think the point being made by most sane Tyrone posters, (but people like yourself most likely have ignored on purpose) is that Tyrone have the most competitive championship and the fact to back that up was the number of different winners in the last few years. I don't think that this is disputable. Is it?
The insinuation from fellow deluded tyronies of course is that having competitiveness means it's a better championship which we both know is a wee lie. I'm sure attention will quickly turn to the McKenna cup anyway while  the serious clubs Kilcoo and Slaughtneil can get down to business.

Ps by my reckoning it is the turn of those pleasant folk from ardboe for 2017!

longballin

Quote from: general_lee on November 14, 2016, 12:51:33 PM

The insinuation from fellow deluded tyronies of course is that having competitiveness means it's a better championship which we both know is a wee lie. I'm sure attention will quickly turn to the McKenna cup anyway while  the serious clubs Kilcoo and Slaughtneil can get down to business.

serious club with so many Ulster titles...  ::)

BennyHarp

No it doesn't. Is Ulster the best provincial championship? Is it the most competitive? Some might say yes to both. Some might not. You want the big bad "Tyronies" to be bragging about the championship being the best because it fits whatever strange narrative you want to bring to the debate. All I'm saying, and most Tyrone posters are saying is that it is the most competitive - is that clear enough for you?

general_lee

Quote from: longballin on November 14, 2016, 01:00:07 PM

serious club with so many Ulster titles...  ::)
As opposed to who? Slaughtneil, Maghery, Killyclogher, Glenswilly, Scotstown, Ramor, Cargin, Derrygonnelly? With a grand total of 5 between them? 4 of which were won by Scotstown who Kilcoo fuckin bate! Ye dick!

general_lee

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 14, 2016, 01:06:58 PM

No it doesn't. Is Ulster the best provincial championship? Is it the most competitive? Some might say yes to both. Some might not. You want the big bad "Tyronies" to be bragging about the championship being the best because it fits whatever strange narrative you want to bring to the debate. All I'm saying, and most Tyrone posters are saying is that it is the most competitive - is that clear enough for you?
Is it as competitive as the Armagh junior championship?

Answer:  NO

general_lee

Every year is a bad year in Armagh do you live under a rock? Difference is we aren't deluded

redhandroar

Quote from: general_lee on November 08, 2016, 01:33:53 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on November 08, 2016, 01:02:53 PM
Kilcoo will have too much craft for Maghery.
Be interesting to see if Slaughtneil have the legs for a buoyant Killyclogher.
Wouldn't be so sure. I fancy Maghery at 4/1. If they can stem the influence of Laverty they have every chance.

... not deluded? ... hope you didn't have your Christmas money on them!

BennyHarp

Quote from: general_lee on November 14, 2016, 02:39:59 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 14, 2016, 01:06:58 PM

Is it as competitive as the Armagh junior championship?

Answer:  NO

Is that the competition Maghery won this year?

general_lee

No benny that would be the Armagh sfc, easy to confuse the two although to be fair a few Ulster/ai senior winners have came out of it so it can't be all that bad ;)

general_lee

Quote from: redhandroar on November 14, 2016, 03:05:47 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 08, 2016, 01:33:53 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on November 08, 2016, 01:02:53 PM
Kilcoo will have too much craft for Maghery.
Be interesting to see if Slaughtneil have the legs for a buoyant Killyclogher.
Wouldn't be so sure. I fancy Maghery at 4/1. If they can stem the influence of Laverty they have every chance.

... not deluded? ... hope you didn't have your Christmas money on them!
Naw ya don't call me fergus

jp2020

All this talk of who has the best championship is futile to be honest! Of the past 20 senior club championships something like 17 have been won by eithor Armagh (ie Cross) or Derry teams, that stat is enough to say Tyrone teams just aren't good enough when they come out of Tyrone, but the same can also be said about Cavan, Donegal, Down etc!

I cant see any team in Tyrone making that breakthrough anytime soon, too many teams at the same sort of level.

BennyHarp

Quote from: general_lee on November 14, 2016, 03:16:03 PM
No benny that would be the Armagh sfc, easy to confuse the two although to be fair a few Ulster/ai senior winners have came out of it so it can't be all that bad ;)

Aye, theres a few Ulster and All Ireland medals knocking around Tyrone too you know.