Ulster Club SFC 2016

Started by WT4E, September 27, 2016, 10:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 13, 2016, 10:47:41 PM
Also, it hardly matters a fcuk who has the best championship if your own club didn't win it.

Nope you're right, but just odd that there is only one winner from Tyrone.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 10:53:20 PM
Also, it hardly matters a fcuk who has the best championship if your own club didn't win it.

Armagh and Derry are the only counties who have produced more than 2 clubs who have won it so I wouldn't say it's that odd.

Derry (6)
Armagh (3)
Antrim, Down, Monaghan (2)
Donegal and Tyrone (1)
Fermanagh and Cavan (0)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 11:06:48 PM

Armagh and Derry are the only counties who have produced more than 2 clubs who have won it so I wouldn't say it's that odd.

Derry (6)
Armagh (3)
Donegal and Tyrone (1)
Fermanagh and Cavan (0)

Odd being Tyrone football is so competitive that having only one club !!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Derry (6)
Armagh (3)
Donegal and Tyrone (1)
Fermanagh and Cavan (0)

Down have a chance to rectify this in two weeks time. Kilcoo played rightly today. Tyrone have no chance of rectifying this, of course, for 12 months.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 11:18:26 PM

Derry (6)
Armagh (3)
Donegal and Tyrone (1)
Fermanagh and Cavan (0)

Winning and being competitive are too completely different parameters.

Throw ball

To go off in a slight tangent I was very disappointed in the Slaughtneil v Killyclogher game today. I would normally follow the Armagh champions but was fairly sure Kilcoo would beat Maghery today. Some might not be aware but football in Armagh has been fairly poor the last few years, Cross being the exception. Green shoots of improvement have been seen this year and the Sarfields v Harps and Cross v Cullyhanna games were as good as you would want to see. Today's match was anything but exciting as I was fairly sure who would win fairly early on.

This may not be popular with the Tyrone ones but if the way Killyclogher play is systematic of Tyrone club football then there may be a long wait for a Tyrone club to win Ulster. This playing with 13 and on occasions 15 men in your own half and breaking at speed with 'hot potato' passing is dire to watch and not very effective at this time of year in club football. The superior fitness and better players has made it effective for the best teams at County level but clubs seldom have the resources to do it effectively in winter conditions. It also becomes less effective if you do not build up an early lead. From early on it appeared Killyclogher were trying to keep the score down and I really do not feel the score reflects the true gulf between the teams.

Walter Cronc

Killyclogher were rubbish!! I reckon 4 or 5 Derry clubs would beat them! Kickout strategy (or lack of), running into trouble. Jesus Eoin Bradley was the only man who led any fight.

Looking forward to the final. Is Jerome Johnson out for the year? Kilcoo have done well without him but against that Slaughtneil defence you need all the forwards you can get.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 11:25:04 PM

Derry (6)
Armagh (3)
Donegal and Tyrone (1)
Fermanagh and Cavan (0)

You can dance around all you like, you enter a competition to win it.

Venue picked??

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2016, 08:26:30 AM

Derry (6)
Armagh (3)
Donegal and Tyrone (1)
Fermanagh and Cavan (0)

Venue picked??

Surely Armagh??

longballin

Slaughneil play Killyclogher off the park and Dominic Corrigan in Tyrone Herald cries about the ref.  ::)

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2016, 08:26:30 AM

Derry (6)
Armagh (3)
Donegal and Tyrone (1)
Fermanagh and Cavan (0)

Venue picked??

I'm not the one dancing around anything. I am merely correcting you on the nonsense you put forward and yout fast and loose interpretation of words.

skeog

The Kilcoo manager is tapping in to his Ballinderry friends and his Father who is currently Director of Football in Derry about how to beat Slaughneil.Be very interesting game in two weeks,needle a plenty.

longballin

Does Ballinderry know how to beat Slaughneil?  :D

general_lee

So in the interests of clarity.. Tyrone has the best club championship in Ulster despite not producing any winners except one (two?) club who won it twice. Tyrone don't win Ulster apparently because they don't have any super clubs.. whatever a super club is 🤔

railrail

Quote from: skeog on November 14, 2016, 11:29:34 AM
The Kilcoo manager is tapping in to his Ballinderry friends and his Father who is currently Director of Football in Derry about how to beat Slaughneil.Be very interesting game in two weeks,needle a plenty.
Quote from: railrail on November 10, 2016, 12:42:04 PM
See articles in the papers this week about how much Killyclogher know about Sneil.

In Derry, we know far more about them and we still couldn't stop them.