Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

That was far from a classic Liverpool v Arsenal game especially 2nd half. Apart from alexander-arnold chance from the counter attack it was the two set of defences on top and giving nothing away.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

jcpen

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 23, 2023, 07:29:52 PMFair result. Arsenal be happier I'm sure as away from home. Trent should have buried that chance.
Yeah was a great chance. Great game though really enjoyable. Liverpool should definitely be aggrieved for not getting a penalty.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jcpen on December 23, 2023, 07:49:09 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 23, 2023, 07:29:52 PMFair result. Arsenal be happier I'm sure as away from home. Trent should have buried that chance.
Yeah was a great chance. Great game though really enjoyable. Liverpool should definitely be aggrieved for not getting a penalty.

Did VAR say it wasn't a penalty?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2023, 07:57:29 PM
Quote from: jcpen on December 23, 2023, 07:49:09 PM

Did VAR say it wasn't a penalty?

eire90 get your logon details?

seafoid

Tottenham are only 4 points adrift now.

The run in will be very interesting this year. Liverpool and Arsenal are untested . Will Man City put on the afterburners?

Sportacus

Quote from: seafoid on December 24, 2023, 10:04:31 AMTottenham are only 4 points adrift now.

The run in will be very interesting this year. Liverpool and Arsenal are untested . Will Man City put on the afterburners?
Villa there too.  I'm not convinced by Liverpool. If De Bruyne comes back at his best and Haaland lets the hair down then they should pull away. You'd think they'll come back from Saudi Arabia and say right lads, no more messing, time to get the job done.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Sportacus on December 24, 2023, 10:26:05 AM
Quote from: seafoid on December 24, 2023, 10:04:31 AMTottenham are only 4 points adrift now.

Villa there too.  I'm not convinced by Liverpool. If De Bruyne comes back at his best and Haaland lets the hair down then they should pull away. You'd think they'll come back from Saudi Arabia and say right lads, no more messing, time to get the job done.
Liverpool feel like they are clinging on, but to their advantage, and a few other teams this year, is nobody is firing on all cylinders. Only 13 pts covering 1-9 so anyone putting a run together could make things interesting.

jcpen

I'd agree, though I don't really see Villa in the final shake up. Don't think Liverpool have it to go all the way this season,Klopp is definitely building something though and they are probably further ahead than he would have thought they would be. Europa League and a domestic trophy would be a good season for them I think and a few more signings and they will be even stronger next season.
Still think City will be there or thereabouts for this season's title, it's crazy some are writing them off so early.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: jcpen on December 24, 2023, 11:05:06 AM

I'd agree, though I don't really see Villa in the final shake up. Don't think Liverpool have it to go all the way this season,Klopp is definitely building something though and they are probably further ahead than he would have thought they would be. Europa League and a domestic trophy would be a good season for them I think and a few more signings and they will be even stronger next season.
Still think City will be there or thereabouts for this season's title, it's crazy some are writing them off so early.
City can't be written off as injuries will take their toll later in the season, especially teams going on a cup run. City plenty of replacement options that even other big teams don't have.

J70

City will win it just ahead of Arsenal. Liverpool are still a work in progress, although progressing nicely.

Blowitupref

Another defeat for Chelsea this afternoon leaving them in 10th. Wolves level on points with them after that win.

Top 10 Premier table of points drop so far this season. Manchester City one game less played.

Arsenal 14
Liverpool 15
Aston Villa 15
Tottenham 18
Man City 17
West Ham 24
Newcastle 25
Man United 26
Brighton 27
Chelsea 32
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

thewobbler

I'd reckon that if Spurs are still in touch come the January break they'll still be in touch come May. None of the challengers, even if they spend wisely in January, are getting the boost they'll get from Maddison, Van De Ven and Bentacur coming back 

jcpen

thewobbler on the Christmas sherry early...

Chelsea are that bad they are making Man United look good.

gawa316

Quote from: thewobbler on December 24, 2023, 04:34:56 PMI'd reckon that if Spurs are still in touch come the January break they'll still be in touch come May. None of the challengers, even if they spend wisely in January, are getting the boost they'll get from Maddison, Van De Ven and Bentacur coming back 

Losing Son, Bissouma and Sarr for a time due to international tournaments