Bt sports/ Sky sports

Started by tyrone girl, March 26, 2014, 03:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Random question here but is there any difference in BT sport and Sky sports as in can most of the same stuff be watched? We are paying 16 a month for sky sports on our package and just realised that we can apparently get bt sports for free on sky as we have bt broadband.
Wanted anyones views on it before i call up tonight and have the sports removed.

haranguerer

Different stuff on each. Get in both.

Geoff Tipps

BT sports get less Premier league games, no Heineken Cup, no European tour golf, no PGA tour golf, no Premier league Darts, no test or limited overs cricket (maybe have IPL) .
They have a lot less than Sky Sports.
I guess it depends why you got Sky Sports in the first place?? There must have been something in the package you were looking for?

tyrone girl

I wouldnt watch anything on it but others in the house would mainly watch it for premier league games and sky sports news. Its all football in our house very little of anything else would be watched on it i imagine. Maybe golf etc

AZOffaly

tyrone girl

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 26, 2014, 03:34:46 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 26, 2014, 03:22:12 PM
Different stuff on each. Get in both.

This

Too vague for me though to be fair i was keen to know exactly what the difference etc was but think Geoff has informed me. Going to call up cancel sky sports tonight and see how we get on with bt sports for a month or so as it takes 30 days to cancel a package on sky anyway. By that stage if BT sports isnt doing the job can reinstate sky sports. Sky bill is 78 quid need to try and cut it down a bit.

AZOffaly

BT Sport is a 5 channel package down our way.

You get
BT Sport 1
BT Sport 2 (both in HD)
Setanta Ireland
Setanta 1
ESPN in HD

Loads of soccer on all channels, although the European games (Europa League) on BT are not available down here, Setanta shows those games. BT does show games from other countries leagues like France and Germany.
Premiership Rugby on BT Sport, and I'd suspect at least some of the new European Rugby next year.
ESPN also has soccer from the UK and Europe, as well as American Sports like College Football, Baseball and Basketball.

All in all the BT package is very good, but up in the black north, I'm not sure if you get the ESPN and Setanta channels as part of the pack.

tyrone girl

We have setanta as an extra also each month i forgot about that. Something is also telling me we have ESPN but its probably built into sky sports package?

Archie Mitchell

You can get BT Sports free if you have BT Broadband even if you don't have any sports packages through Sky.

imtommygunn

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 26, 2014, 03:58:19 PM
BT Sport is a 5 channel package down our way.

You get
BT Sport 1
BT Sport 2 (both in HD)
Setanta Ireland
Setanta 1
ESPN in HD

Loads of soccer on all channels, although the European games (Europa League) on BT are not available down here, Setanta shows those games. BT does show games from other countries leagues like France and Germany.
Premiership Rugby on BT Sport, and I'd suspect at least some of the new European Rugby next year.
ESPN also has soccer from the UK and Europe, as well as American Sports like College Football, Baseball and Basketball.

All in all the BT package is very good, but up in the black north, I'm not sure if you get the ESPN and Setanta channels as part of the pack.

You don't... You get setanta free with virgin but have to pay for it on sky. There's 2 setanta channels. Not even sure about ESPN.

If you have bt broadband you get bt free. (You get bt sports 1 and 2 - HD and all).

APart from MIchael Owen commentating on football BT sports is very good. Lot of good games on it - things like bundesliga etc as well (maybe serie a too??) and english premiership rugby. Actually almost worth getting BT broadband for.

tyrone girl

Yep i know but had wanted to see if there was enough on it to justify cancelling sky sports.

Archie Mitchell

I wouldnt cancel Sky Sports just because you can get BT Sport for free.  Not a pile on BT Sport now but may as well get it if getting it for free

tyrone girl

Bills too high though at 78 quid a month need to start cutting it down and if i thought the BT sport would show the premiership games etc that they all watch then it would be worth getting rid of it.

Father Jack

Quote from: tyrone girl on March 26, 2014, 04:16:11 PM
Bills too high though at 78 quid a month need to start cutting it down and if i thought the BT sport would show the premiership games etc that they all watch then it would be worth getting rid of it.

Get a dream box!!  Not sure if you ever heard of them or not!!  Just don't tell Sky as they wouldn't be most pleased about it.  There was a thread on them a while ago.

They are supposed to be worth the money  ;) ;)  and would probably work out at less than £10 per month after you first buy one.

haranguerer

Quote from: tyrone girl on March 26, 2014, 04:16:11 PM

Best consult them before ringing up to cancel anything...