Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on October 13, 2020, 08:31:04 AM
"Freedom" might well have been the most abused word in the English language once upon a time. But these days it's "right-wing", and almost entirely through the efforts of one person.
How so?

Do explain

J70

Quote from: tbrick18 on October 12, 2020, 02:30:12 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 12, 2020, 01:40:16 PM
Quote from: five points on October 12, 2020, 01:34:53 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 12, 2020, 01:29:17 PM
Quote from: five points on October 12, 2020, 01:23:38 PM

The law allows just that, and for good reason.

You can't tell a certain cohort of vulnerable people to stay at home indefinitely.

People have no problem telling people who might get Covid to stay at home, so why can you not tell people who refuse to use the measures to prevent the spread of Covid to stay at home?
You don't have to stay at home, you can walk about, so long as you don't go into buildings or buses where masks are required.

Do you also think that blind people should be allowed drive cars, because they are a vulnerable cohort?

There is no law that makes it illegal for people who might get Covid to go outside or attend to their normal business. You are proposing such a law for people who for whatever reason cannot wear masks. Thankfully no such law will ever see the light of day, so our discussion is moot.

I am merely proposing a law requiring masks, if people chose not to do so then that is their choice.

Exactly, but if you chose not to wear a mask but also chose to go into locations where the regulations clearly state you should wear one, then you should get a fine.
What exemptions are there from wearing a mask? I mean, what medical condition is so severe that you cannot wear a face covering for what ever number of minutes you would be in a shop? Very few I would think.
Lots of people abusing the "exemption" and very few actually exempt.
If you get a fixed penalty for not wearing a mask and you have an underlying condition which would genuinely prevent you wearing one, an appeals process can be used to refund your money.
The approach is used for parking/speeding tickets. If you are found illegally parked or speeding and get a fine, you can appeal that fine and if it is found there is good reason why you were speeding or illegally parked or if the officer issuing the fine did so in error, the fine is rescinded. Why would this approach be a problem when there is such a high risk to everyone in society?

I stole this off a facebook page and I think it accurately sums it up. The post is from a nurse:

Support for Nurses, Midwives and Frontline Staff in Ireland
8 October at 18:52  ·
So crazy how me and every single person that works at my hospital have normal oxygen levels when we're required to wear an n95 mask, surgical mask over it, and a face shield.
So weird that women/family I know GAVE BIRTH while wearing a face mask and their oxygen was okay.
Incredible that my 90 year old patient can perform strenuous activities while wearing a mask and her oxygen is okay.
Amazing that actual patients recovering from covid can tolerate wearing a mask all day.
So if you're an anti mask person, instead of making up fake facts about you oxygen dropping while wearing a flimsy cloth mask, just stop lying and say that you just don't care if other people die because of you. ✌🏻

That is just about the height of it.

These people don't give two fucks about anyone else.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

gallsman

Gemma O'Doherty out protesting for "Justice for Aaron Brady" at his sentencing hearing.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: gallsman on October 14, 2020, 01:52:50 PM
Gemma O'Doherty out protesting for "Justice for Aaron Brady" at his sentencing hearing.

Seen that on twitter - actually dismissed it at first.....Apparently they shouted it at the widow, disgusting.

Baile Brigín 2

I decided fock it, I'll hear her out on this one. Christ on a Kawasaki.

In short, Drew Harris arranged the murder because 'Aidan O'Donoghue had to die' but she admits she has no idea why. The reason she believes the Garda Commissioner who was appointed in 2018 arranged the murder of a Garda in 2013 is 'because they are corrupt'. Thats it.

Leaving aside the festering unpleasantness and logicak vomit, Gemma and co have been handled with kid gloves by the boys in blue. Will be interesting to see if that continues.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 14, 2020, 03:19:35 PM

In short, Drew Harris arranged the murder because 'Aidan O'Donoghue had to die' but she admits she has no idea why. The reason she believes the Garda Commissioner who was appointed in 2018 arranged the murder of a Garda in 2013 is 'because they are corrupt'. Thats it.

Leaving aside the festering unpleasantness and logicak vomit, Gemma and co have been handled with kid gloves by the boys in blue. Will be interesting to see if that continues.

I wouldn't be surprised if she deliberately uses this as an opportunity to enrage the Gardai to get them to have a go at her. She is a dangerous wagon, a female Willie Frazier. I've no doubt the Brady family really didn't want her to be sticking her horrible face into this. There are issues surrounding this conviction, I am not going to go into my feelings on it as it's too close, but this horrible **** is the last thing that either the victims family or the Brady family need about it.

sid waddell

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 14, 2020, 07:26:21 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 14, 2020, 03:19:35 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if she deliberately uses this as an opportunity to enrage the Gardai to get them to have a go at her. She is a dangerous wagon, a female Willie Frazier. I've no doubt the Brady family really didn't want her to be sticking her horrible face into this. There are issues surrounding this conviction, I am not going to go into my feelings on it as it's too close, but this horrible **** is the last thing that either the victims family or the Brady family need about it.
Woah

Willie wasn't near that bad

imtommygunn

trileacman

You'd wonder was she paid to use her "platform" to protest for Brady. It's real provo crackpot stuff and Harris as a Prod RUC man fits the bill perfectly for people like that.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 15, 2020, 09:49:14 AM
He was pretty bad.

There was a logic to Wullie. It was madness, but there was a thread through it. Gemmeroids is insulting as many people as possible in any given situation which leads to an incoherent mess. For example Covid is, depending on her mood, a hoax, a chemical weapon released by China and/or the US, the flu or a legitimate virus that is either safe or lethal, being used by the lizard commies to blah blah.

Wullie would have blamed the Ra and stuck with it.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: trileacman on October 15, 2020, 06:54:28 PM
You'd wonder was she paid to use her "platform" to protest for Brady. It's real provo crackpot stuff and Harris as a Prod RUC man fits the bill perfectly for people like that.

Possible. Or she simply cannot process that she was arrested so is taking aim at the Gardai by fair means or otherwise.

The Brady family spokesperson is interesting, and he made no effort to disassociate from the nutters. Kealon Harrington is ex army and French Foreign Legion and well known for the Going the Extra Mile charity. There are unsubstantiated rumours his move to Australia was connected to financial questions over the charity, but that is just that.

Its an odd one.

gallsman

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014