Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Line Ball

Quote from: knockitdown on June 28, 2015, 10:18:37 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on June 28, 2015, 09:25:52 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 28, 2015, 09:10:09 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on June 28, 2015, 08:14:15 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 28, 2015, 08:11:05 PM
Unreal that this is being discussed as an 'issue'.

You don't think the size of the pitch our county team train on is relevant?

I didn't say that. But knock yourself out there sure.argue away about a couple meters if it makes you feel good.

I'll put it this way, how often does your Drumgath team get blown away in the wide open spaces of Pairc Esler in Championship games when you are so used training in your own field and don't tell me you don't know what I am talking about.  It can be so hard to adjust when you are just not used to playing on big fields and its the same with our county team.  Its great training tight,defensive systems on a small field but try transferring that to a pitch 20 yards wider and 20 longer and the difference is massive.

Our County team needs to be training in Pairc Esler, thats all I'm saying.

Drumgath won the intermediate championship two years ago in pairc esler, winning a total of 3 games on the same field that season

Clown

Was that before or after they took down the boxing ring  ;)

knockitdown

Quote from: Line Ball on June 28, 2015, 10:27:33 PM

I didn't say that. But knock yourself out there sure.argue away about a couple meters if it makes you feel good.

I'll put it this way, how often does your Drumgath team get blown away in the wide open spaces of Pairc Esler in Championship games when you are so used training in your own field and don't tell me you don't know what I am talking about.  It can be so hard to adjust when you are just not used to playing on big fields and its the same with our county team.  Its great training tight,defensive systems on a small field but try transferring that to a pitch 20 yards wider and 20 longer and the difference is massive.

Drumgath won the intermediate championship two years ago in pairc esler, winning a total of 3 games on the same field that season

Clown

You have already proved your inability to speak factually lineball so I suggest you spend your holidays over at hogan stand now that the rest of your class mates have finished for the summer

Line Ball

Quote from: knockitdown on June 28, 2015, 10:31:43 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on June 28, 2015, 10:27:33 PM

Clown

You have already proved your inability to speak factually lineball so I suggest you spend your holidays over at hogan stand now that the rest of your class mates have finished for the summer

:'(

thewobbler

Quote from: The Raven on June 28, 2015, 09:47:55 PM
Abbey 3G 136x87 yards,grass 144x87 yards, Parc Esler 152x89 yards. The issue should not be the size of these pitches but the fact that we pay out 50k approx per year on pitch hire for our various county squads! but then that's down to our county board. I'm just back from the Owenbeg, at least Derry spent their money wisely

The funny thing is that I agree with every thing you've written here.

The daft thing is that Derry haven't exactly reaped anything close to success as a result of building Owenbeg.

So I don't know what to think anymore.

-----

OgraAnDun

Quote from: thewobbler on June 28, 2015, 10:49:42 PM
Abbey 3G 136x87 yards,grass 144x87 yards, Parc Esler 152x89 yards. The issue should not be the size of these pitches but the fact that we pay out 50k approx per year on pitch hire for our various county squads! but then that's down to our county board. I'm just back from the Owenbeg, at least Derry spent their money wisely

The daft thing is that Derry haven't exactly reaped anything close to success as a result of building Owenbeg.

-----

It's only been open two years (I think), if its purpose is to further youth development then it will probably take longer than that to come through. They beat the unstoppable Donegal minors and are now in an Ulster final though so maybe that's something for the future.

5 Sams

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 28, 2015, 09:44:11 PM
pat spillane on the sunday game said today that it was no surprise that kerry, dublin and kilkenny were at the top because they had the best underage structures in place, the best underage coaches, the best development squads. it doesnt take massive brains to see that down are miles behind in any of this. until we get the underage development sorted we are never going to catch up with the best in ulster never mind all ireland.

Kerry won the All Ireland minor title last year. Before that the last time they won it was 1994. Pat is talking shite. The divisional championship set up is the key to Kerry's success. Bringing players through from junior clubs every year and giving them senior championship football. Declan Sullivan, John Egan, Pat Spillane and his brothers, Maurice Fitz, Bryan Sheehan, Jacko, Mick O'Connell...and a multitude of others all playing for junior clubs but because of the divisional set up they play senior c'ship. Them cute Kerry hoors make sure they never miss a talented player not matter where he plays.
The Aristocrat Years

thewobbler

Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 28, 2015, 10:53:41 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 28, 2015, 10:49:42 PM

-----

It's only been open two years (I think), if its purpose is to further youth development then it will probably take longer than that to come through. They beat the unstoppable Donegal minors and are now in an Ulster final though so maybe that's something for the future.

Derry have been using Owenbeg for training for around 20 years.

The best facilities are the most recently opened ones, but it was getting a plot on land to call home and taking their time to do it right, that is the real value imho.

ardtole

Id have to agree with you 5sams. Darren O Sullivan is another. A big loss to Down football was the premature death of Pat O'Hare (rip) almost 15 years ago now. I remember him talking about creating development squads etc, way before anyone else, he was so innovative and organised, he would have been the ideal man to co-ordinate coaching structures within the county. Sadly wasnt to happen.

snoopdog

Strange interview by McCorry on sunday game. Happy with promotion to Div 1
This guy is a spoofer would we be in any worse a position if we got rid of him now.

5 Sams

Quote from: snoopdog on June 28, 2015, 11:08:12 PM
This guy is a spoofer would we be in any worse a position if we got rid of him now.

Who would you put in Snoop?
The Aristocrat Years

SHEEDY

Quote from: snoopdog on June 28, 2015, 11:08:12 PM
mccorrys interview was an embarrassment. Championship is what it's about not bloody league.
nil satis nisi optimum

5 Sams

Quote from: ardtole on June 28, 2015, 11:04:39 PM
Id have to agree with you 5sams. Darren O Sullivan is another. A big loss to Down football was the premature death of Pat O'Hare (rip) almost 15 years ago now. I remember him talking about creating development squads etc, way before anyone else, he was so innovative and organised, he would have been the ideal man to co-ordinate coaching structures within the county. Sadly wasnt to happen.

I've been going to West Kerry 2 or 3 times a year for the last 20 years...talking football to Páidí Ó Sé, Tommy Griffin and Padraic Corcoran. The divisional championship is the key. Ógie Moran, Paul Galvin and the bomber all played junior football with their clubs.
The Aristocrat Years

ardtole

Its hard to argue with their results anyway 5sams. Ask Lecale was attempted about 3 years ago, i think it would be worth looking at again but it would need to be trialled over 5 years to give it a chance of working.

ardtole

I dont think McCorry will be let go, but I think burrens Sean Ward could be a viable candidate in the near future, he had great results with Burren u21s, done fantastic with St Johns and I wouldnt be suprised if he got his first sfc as manager this season.

Maiden1

Quote from: ardtole on June 28, 2015, 11:30:50 PM
Its hard to argue with their results anyway 5sams. Ask Lecale was attempted about 3 years ago, i think it would be worth looking at again but it would need to be trialled over 5 years to give it a chance of working.
I think it was trialed with 3 teams. Might be better with 5 or 6 teams at least.  Kilclief, Saul, Bright, Ardglass, Darragh Cross, Teccaunaught. If it not taken seriously with a proper management structure training once or twice a week there would be no point.
There are no proofs, only opinions.