WHATS THE BEST GAER FOR TEAMS ,GAELIC GEAR OR O'NEILLS ?

Started by Rasmatazz:), September 27, 2008, 05:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SERVASPORT

Its gotta be O Neills, although i do agree with most of you on the customer services, absolute garbage.

qub la la la

o'neills is far too expensive, no discounts offered worth talking about and what they do is they sell clubs the old stock and wont release the new style gear til next year even though county teams have it already. Our club has went to Puma for our new gear. Much much cheaper and embroider names, crests, sponsers etc for alot less.

Clubs should check out www.teamsportswear.co.uk

rolloutking

O Neills is far better than GG

However I feel the O'Neills gear is far to common among clubs and countys. O Neill's are also a disaster for making up jerseys with the wrong colour combinations and the amount of time they take to get the stuff to you.

I was getting gear (jerseys, tracksuits, bags, hoodies, etc) for the Jordanstown handball team last year and tried all the major companies, O Neills, Gaelic Gear, OB Sport, Puma, Nike and Kukri. There was one jersey from Gaelic Gear that I liked and had seen at a handball competition a few weeks earlier. I went to the Gaelic Gear factory to see about ordering a set and was greeted by some man from London who said they didn't do anything like that. I then spotted a picture of it on the wall and showed it to him. He claimed that was not one of their designs. This was despite my mate having the top with the Gaelic Gear logo on the sleeve.

O Neill's were no use because we only needed about 8 of each in different sizes and they wouldn't do orders that small.

OB Sport were great and had full designs drawn up for jerseys, bags, shorts, hoodies, trackies and hats in a few days. They offered to personalise all the jerseys with the players names and sponsers. Everything also had the Poly logo on it. The full set of gear worked out at about 150 euros including VAT, which I thought was fairly reasonable. However by the time I thought about trying OB Sport it was too late and we needed the stuff in 14 days. The best they could do was 21 days and they were willing to meet our small order. Only for this we would have been buying off them.

I tried Kukri because I have loads of their stuff as they make the Jordanstown Sports Studies gear. They have some fantastic designs. They came up with a price of about 25 euros including VAT per jersey and where willing to do small orders. However most of the team already has the a full set of Kukri gear in the Jordanstown Colours and the only difference would have been the sports crest instead of the University crest. I feel the Kukri gear is the best I have ever had and its fairly cheap with some fantastic designs.

We ended up getting a load of Puma gear from the Sports Union out of the blue so we didn't have to buy our own. The quality was great and they also have very breathable and light materials compared to O Neills.

NaomhBridAbú

its a bit like smith and smythe - not much difference, but the customer service and the attention to detail from O'Neills is shocking...unbelievably bad.

Crests are surely not the property of O'Neills - the Tyrone one was designed by a design company and must be the intellectual property of the Tyrone Cunty board?
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

NaomhBridAbú

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Rois

Blue Island

Quote from: Leo on July 10, 2009, 12:17:17 PM

Was it not openly admitted a few years ago that all O'Neills footballs are made cheaply in a foreign market and then shipped to Ireland where they have the logo we all know so well stamped on them? Hardly in keeping with their fior-ghael image

On this point I understand that the Gaelic Gear footballs were made in the same (foreign!) factory.
There appear to be vested interests at work in this whole area otherwise proper competition would have been actively promoted by GAA and would flourished in such a lively market long ago.

It can't be right that they are made in the same factory? Unless Gaelic gear have changed their type of balls recently I wouldn't buy one if it was a fiver. We bought them once and only once and they were shaped like eggs within two weeks and there was no fear in heading one as they were more like oval ballons than a Gaelic football.

If the same factory is making them it beggars belief that they could make such contrasting products.

fred the red

Quote from: qub la la la on July 11, 2009, 10:38:37 AM
o'neills is far too expensive, no discounts offered worth talking about and what they do is they sell clubs the old stock and wont release the new style gear til next year even though county teams have it already. Our club has went to Puma for our new gear. Much much cheaper and embroider names, crests, sponsers etc for alot less.

Clubs should check out www.teamsportswear.co.uk

Is this for training gear or playing gear?

i thought that all playing kits had to be either GG, Oneills or another irish company...is this no longer the case?

norabeag

It is the case though I think Azzurri are in there.
OB sports cannot seem to break in to the market as they need the "imprimatur" from Croke Park and they have been waiting for ages.
No doubt O'Neills is a quality product but customer service is a joke and their gear is mainly made in E Europe (I 've been told) and then brought here for finishing so qualifies as Irish Made
I would support any Irish made product but not in the farcical way it is handled at the minute.
I think it is only playing  gear that has to come from the above ( O'N/GG/Az)

guevara

How were Kerry allowed to have an Adidas Jersey then a few years ago?? Was very traditional design but the quality of the product compared to O'Neills was unbelievable.
I think the market should be opened up. O'Neills have become pure lazy in every sense their Jersey designs are just an addition of the previous years & customer service is apalling! They dont give a shite because at endo of the day unless the market is opened for alternative brands then they can get away with it.
The product they offer isnt worth the £ & it doesnt last as long as other leading sporting products. I understand the want of the GAA to use Irish firms, Im all for that but when they abuse the position they are in as O'Neills have then changes must be implemented.

Plus at least nearly every club time in the land wouldnt be running round in practically all the same gear just in different colours !!!  ;D
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

qub la la la

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 24, 2009, 07:01:41 PM
Quote from: guevara on July 24, 2009, 12:36:28 PM
How were Kerry allowed to have an Adidas Jersey then a few years ago?? Was very traditional design but the quality of the product compared to O'Neills was unbelievable.
I think the market should be opened up. O'Neills have become pure lazy in every sense their Jersey designs are just an addition of the previous years & customer service is apalling! They dont give a shite because at endo of the day unless the market is opened for alternative brands then they can get away with it.
The product they offer isnt worth the £ & it doesnt last as long as other leading sporting products. I understand the want of the GAA to use Irish firms, Im all for that but when they abuse the position they are in as O'Neills have then changes must be implemented.

Plus at least nearly every club time in the land wouldnt be running round in practically all the same gear just in different colours !!!  ;D
I believe it was done by an Irish-based third party or subsidiary.

i think there is an addidas factory in kerry and thats how that came about.

johnneycool

After Down, Wexford, Galway hurlers and Fermanagh all going back to O'Neills, is there any county teams using Gaelic gear?

johnneycool

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 27, 2009, 02:21:58 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 27, 2009, 01:58:48 PM
After Down, Wexford, Galway hurlers and Fermanagh all going back to O'Neills, is there any county teams using Gaelic gear?
Thought Fermanagh were still with Gaelic Gear?

You might be right, but certainly the other three have reverted back to O'Neills.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: johnneycool on July 27, 2009, 01:58:48 PM

Have to say I hated the GG Down top. Shite.

The new one I was sceptical at the start now I think its the nicest in years...