Show Your Support

Started by Leo, September 08, 2010, 09:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

down6061689194

Quote from: artisan2010 on September 09, 2010, 10:39:26 AM
I was in Newry yesterday and was told there was a door to door collection for funds to decorate Drumgullion/Lisgullion on the ARMAGH Road.
Clough needs to get its act together though  ;).  Not sure who they are supporting!!!!!

I hear the lads from clough have acquired quite a few Down flags from cars at the roundabout.

Lots of London fans in Ballynahinch & Dromore

artisan2010

Any chance of a by pass round Clough or a severe bout of legionaires disease so we wouldnt have put up with the hole.

Leo

Well done Loughinisland.
Was in Newry this evening. Pathetic effort at Park Esler with a cheap looking Shamrocks banner draped unevenly across the big signboard. Tacky and not even properly attached.
That signboard hasnt shifted since the old Club Down folded its tent - a very poor image from the home of Down football  - and its hijacking by na Seamrogai says it all.
Our county board are doing great work but their PR/media/advertising committee has been marked absent on this one.
The Greenbank shopping centre has followed their example - a few badly strewn buntings - VERY few - you wouldn't  know you were in the heart of a county that is in the All-Ireland final.

In contrast, great sign outside Murdock Hardwood on Rathfriland Road.
Fierce tame altogether

5 Sams

The Armagh Road from Violet Hill to the 5 Ways looks great...Ballyholland have done a great job as well...Dee Raff's ma has a big banner outside the house on the Dublin Road....serious amount of flags on the Dublin Road as well....deadly buzz
The Aristocrat Years

Pangurban

Saw this painted on Gable Wall in Teconnaught today...Down Ready To Pop The Cork

Leo

The manager & 3 of the players are from the Burren club dut the level of display of support in Burren is practically non-existent.
Fierce tame altogether

Leo

Rostrevor has now got its act together.
Great show at Ballyholland.
Some Newry estates doing well.
A "brave" bit of colour uo in Annalong!
Fierce tame altogether

Banana Man

lawrencetown is looking the part, right bit in Gilford, annaclone too, smatterings around banbridge, poor effort in loughbrickland, 3 or 4 flags at most, right few in Ballyvarley, thought glen would have had a lot more up

i see the 3 down flags put up at the new road near the sheepbridge weren't long being pulled down and replaced with union flags - also heard 2 glenn lads got arrested for putting those down flags up

passedit

Quote from: Banana Man on September 13, 2010, 11:07:15 AM
lawrencetown Laurencetown is looking the part, right bit in Gilford, annaclone too, smatterings around banbridge, poor effort in loughbrickland, 3 or 4 flags at most, right few in Ballyvarley, thought glen would have had a lot more up

i see the 3 down flags put up at the new road near the sheepbridge weren't long being pulled down and replaced with union flags - also heard 2 glenn lads got arrested for putting those down flags up

Shame on you Banana man.

Plus ca change round the Sheepbridge, got stopped near there in 1985 for the heinous crime (Flags and Emblems act) of flying a down flag on the front of the motor on the way to the National League semi final.
Don't Panic

Banana Man

dodgy umpire

Plans have been made for the Ormeau Road. It will be decorated :)
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Leo

Red & black horse on parade in Rostrevor - and the displays in that town will take some beating.
Hilltown and Mayobridge definitely asleep on the job - there's more up in Omeath!
Fierce tame altogether

amallon

Spar in Rostrevor

The 20ft flag on the mountain in Mayobridge. 

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Leo

Fierce tame altogether

supersub

I think rostrevor looks brilliant at the moment with more still to come I believe! Williamsons spar looks spectacular and the bunting, flags and cars yes cars are quite a sight! Several black cars with red stripes and down crests on the front! A lot f the smaller estates have gone to a huge effort too! Great to see