Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

I know football getting knocked at moment but the club championship is brilliant in Cavan at moment. New structures have created three great competitions and results are hard to predict.

rodney trotter

It's a better system then in other Counties. Tyrone play straight knock out, They haven't started it yet, waiting till after the All Ireland. 
A long time for a Club player to be waiting around.

Itchy

Who would've thought Cavan Gaels would have no wins from 3 games and in real danger of going out. Great to see real competition between clubs, I believe it will raise the standards in the long run.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on September 01, 2018, 10:37:12 PM
Who would've thought Cavan Gaels would have no wins from 3 games and in real danger of going out. Great to see real competition between clubs, I believe it will raise the standards in the long run.

Even a win in their last game might not save them. They are on negative score difference so might need to hammer Lacken to save themselves.

scoopmine

Anyone sign up to the we are cavan patron? Well worth a fiver!

mrdeeds

Quote from: scoopmine on September 09, 2018, 06:57:28 PM

No I didn't. Was waiting to hear reports.

Westside

Quote from: scoopmine on September 09, 2018, 06:57:28 PM

Definitely worth a fiver. If they go back to commentating on some games and have two podcasts a week a fiver a month for that sort of content is a bargain

Itchy

Gaels gone, bet by Gowna - it's like old times! They only managed 1 win in the championship.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on September 16, 2018, 06:23:04 PM
Gaels gone, bet by Gowna - it's like old times! They only managed 1 win in the championship.

Ramor gone too.

Itchy

Surely Rahan will have to get over the line this year.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on September 16, 2018, 06:47:05 PM
Surely Rahan will have to get over the line this year.

Losing Oisin Kiernan a loss.

Westside

What happened Kiernan.

Great buzz about the championships this year at all 3 grades. Great to see

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 17, 2018, 12:37:08 PM
Quote from: Westside on September 16, 2018, 11:05:30 PM
What happened Kiernan.

Great buzz about the championships this year at all 3 grades. Great to see

PM sent

Go on, send me one too!

Itchy

Anyone listen to the wearecavan interview with Mickey Graham. Breath of fresh air. Great to hear a man talk a bit if sense after the waffle from the last lad. Shows you the difference between outside man and cavan man in charge.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on September 21, 2018, 09:38:34 PM
Anyone listen to the wearecavan interview with Mickey Graham. Breath of fresh air. Great to hear a man talk a bit if sense after the waffle from the last lad. Shows you the difference between outside man and cavan man in charge.

Very good when on 2fm too. Don't think it a case of a local man more so a realist. Mickey will hardly describe a 6 all draw as a brilliant game of football.