McQuaid, how long will the ban be?

Started by his holiness nb, May 26, 2008, 12:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

I wonder will he be marched over to Fermanagh to apologise?  ;)

his holiness nb

Quote from: Zapatista on May 26, 2008, 03:24:45 PM

Dont think anyone would expect the same humility the Dubs show from these Monaghan lads  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Maguire01

It's not the same.  What happens between the 30 players on the pitch is different to what happens when others decide to jump in.  The ref is there to manage the players.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 26, 2008, 04:06:20 PM
It's not the same.  What happens between the 30 players on the pitch is different to what happens when others decide to jump in.  The ref is there to manage the players.

Its different but a bit the same  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Zapatista

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 26, 2008, 04:03:20 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on May 26, 2008, 03:24:45 PM

Dont think anyone would expect the same humility the Dubs show from these Monaghan lads  ;)

Damn those Dubs and their big expectations. :)

Fuzzman

Was it McQuaid who was man marking/handling Dooher last year in the Ulster final or was it someone else?

Remember we all thought it would be Freeman but they deemed him too much of a footballer to take Dooher out of it.
Maybe it was someone else?

I was very disappointed with Monaghan yesterday and their lack of fight for each other
Mind you I'm not a fan of Tommy Freeman as he's a great wee footballer but feel he mouths off far too much

Main Street

No doubt about it,
the Dubs are the Mopes of the GAA.
As soon as something happens which wasn't done by a Dub they are on faster than you can say 0WC,
whining and whinging about scales of justice.

heffo

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2008, 05:03:53 PM
No doubt about it,
the Dubs are the Mopes of the GAA.
As soon as something happens which wasn't done by a Dub they are on faster than you can say 0WC,
whining and whinging about scales of justice.

Well I don't speak your cattle-smuggling 'cant', so I'm not sure what a 'mope' is, but I'm sure it's not complimentary - either way, all were looking for is consistency in both the application of rules and media coverage.

Aaron Boone

ONeill

If he was a Tyrone county man he'd be completely exonerated. In fact, he wasn't even playing that day. He was on holidays, or milking or it was his twin brother. We have it great here.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on May 26, 2008, 09:03:36 PM
If he was a Tyrone county man he'd be completely exonerated. In fact, he wasn't even playing that day. He was on holidays, or milking or it was his twin brother. We have it great here.

I was coming home from work this evening and I was going through Monaghan - I saw Fergal Logan going into the Westenra Hotel - is that the place Mc Eneaney owns ? He could be exonerated yet !  ;) ;)

Main Street

No can quite swallow that a Monaghan lad deserves the same justice as those Mopes from Dublin.

Taken from the impartial Northern Standard and the Mondo Times, pictures published in aftermath of the game,
Gary from his first communion.

orangeman

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2008, 10:04:14 PM
No can quite swallow that a Monaghan lad deserves the same justice as those Mopes from Dublin.

Taken from the impartial Northern Standard and the Mondo Times, pictures published in aftermath of the game,

;) :D ;D   He was and is such a quiet, well behaved and highly respected lad ! 4 Weeks would be a real injustice. He should be commended for his self control at the Dublin game.

heffo

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2008, 10:04:14 PM

Poor aul Dick Clerkin wasn't exagerrating when he got a fright with the kids on the pitch in Parnell, poor fella was still suffering on Sunday - he was terrified of the ball!

From this morning's Indo:

"TV cameras picked up the centre-back, a late replacement for Darren Hughes, leaving his studs in McCabe's back as he lay on the ground.

McQuaid may find himself on the sidelines for longer than expected if the CCCC continue their hard-line approach to indiscipline."