bleep bleep

Started by irunthev, November 24, 2006, 01:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

Was involved in some fitness testing last night and although there was nothing that spectacular among our modest crew I was wondering if any one has any amazing stories of endurance to recount on the bleep test.

giveherlong

Apparntley Sean Marty Lockhart has beaten the tape on occasions

BallyhaiseMan

my best score is 110....
I hate that f***kin thing with a vengeance.

The Claw

Different versions of the tape, some go to level 20 and some go to 16 I think.
WHen we were doing it, our trainer told us that Roy Keane was the only soccer player to finish to the end.

The Claw

THey are a killer though, it is the stopping, turning and trying to get up to speed that is the real killer - deep burn in the thighs!

Croí na hÉireann

For someone who's never done it what does it entail???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

BallyhaiseMan

Cones set about 20 yards apart..... in a line across players run back and forth to each cone to the sound of the beep and must reach the other side before the next beep...It gets quicker and quicker as you go on.....
as the claw said the turn is a killer...

Kerry Mike

In my day training consisted of 10 laps of the field, a few sprints, 100 sits ups, 100 push ups, a game of backs and forwards and a scelp of pints on the way home. Its gone fierce high tech nowadays.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Croí na hÉireann

So does the 110 mean u reached a cone 110 times???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

BallyhaiseMan

yes thats exactly what it means...
The first 60/70 are gfairly easy just at a normal jogging pace increasing gradually..... then as you get closer to 100 you're nearly breaking into sprints just to reach the mark.
Most ive seen done is 140 by one of my clubmates......

irunthev

Apparently the former All Black Michael Jones was able to reach level 19 in his prime, imagine trying to run after that fcuker all day.

BallyhaiseMan

any ideas how many you need to do to reach level 19 irunthev?

SlimShady

BallyhaiseMan

liihb

don't think it would be 190, as far as I know when you are talking level 19 its the minute in which you finish, obviously in the first minute you are doing far less runs than the 19th....
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.