Things you don't often see at GAA matches anymore................

Started by SouthArmaghBandit, June 21, 2007, 12:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onlooker

Was it not in 1991 that the Down lad was on top of the Nally Stand waving a flag.  I was not at the 1994 final, but remember seeing him in 1991.   Of course, he was mad to be there, but it was all part of the scene one time.

BennyHarp

We never see teams lining up in their positions for the national anthem anymore either!
That was never a square ball!!

Hardy

In the old days there used to be a line of lads sitting on the (very, very high) wall at the back of Hill 16 at big matches. A bit like this - I can't look at it without getting dizzy.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2007, 03:23:39 PM
In the old days there used to be a line of lads sitting on the (very, very high) wall at the back of Hill 16 at big matches. A bit like this - I can't look at it without getting dizzy.

Thats some photo i have it at home, whatever money they got paid it wasn't half enough. you wouldn't want to be on the beer the night before
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

guy crouchback

i saw adocumentry on the above photo. it was staged by the camara man and used a technique where by it appers the girder and the men are at a great height above any building. the are in fact about 10 feet above the building.

Hardy

Ah feck Guy! Why couldn't you keep that to yourself? Were you the lad in fourth class going around telling everybody there was no Santy?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2007, 04:12:30 PM
Ah feck Guy! Why couldn't you keep that to yourself? Were you the lad in fourth class going around telling everybody there was no Santy?

Late developer, Hardy!

Sitting right on the sidelines of Croker like the 1989 hurling final.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

5 Sams

I know this is going off subject but...I watched a documentary on Sky a while back about the building of the skyscrapers during the 30s in NYC....there was one tribe of Native Americans who had no fear of heights and they earned a fortune building the likes of the Empire State etc. Fascinating stuff.

Speaking of heights and the 94 Championship...at the semi final against Cork a mate of mine climbed the crane which was being used to build the new Cusack and planted a Down flag on the top of it......when he came down he saw TJ and TJ waiting for him....he said he would get off the crane if they promised not to arrest him.....they promised and kept their word.
The Aristocrat Years

ziggysego

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2007, 04:12:30 PM

Ah Jesus Hardy.

That's two in a row in this thread!!!  :'(
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Pitch invasions before the final whistle.

Artane Boys Only Band.

Adrian Logan hanging out of the arse of an Ulster Manager whose team is in the AI Final all day long.

Gnevin

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 21, 2007, 03:21:23 PM
We never see teams lining up in their positions for the national anthem anymore either!
Meath done it last week
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ziggysego

Quote from: Gnevin on June 21, 2007, 04:49:29 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 21, 2007, 03:21:23 PM
Meath done it last week

Tyrone and Donegal did it last week too.
Testing Accessibility

fearglasmor

Paper Hats
With the dye running down your face in the rain.

Gnevin

Quote from: guy crouchback on June 21, 2007, 04:00:53 PM
i saw adocumentry on the above photo. it was staged by the camara man and used a technique where by it appers the girder and the men are at a great height above any building. the are in fact about 10 feet above the building.
I never heard this , Link plz
Wiki doesn't say anything about this but thats not saying anything
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunchtime_atop_a_Skyscraper
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.