An Dún v Muineachán

Started by An Cloch Scoilte, May 22, 2007, 09:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Michael Walsh looks to be getting fitter and sharper all the time.  I wouldn't say he is at his very best yet but he won't be far off it by the time the Monaghan game comes around.  He had to come off on Friday night and ice his knee as he felt it tightening up. 

Anyone else hear anything about Martin Clarke being available for some of the championship?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

greygoose

Does any one know what time this game is to be played on Sunday week, is it Live on TV and is there a game before hand ??

greygoose

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 29, 2007, 11:42:22 AM
I had heard that Clarke is coming home for a while, but I doubt he would be allowed to play by Collingwood. HE would be some addition to that team at CHF.

I read somewhere that Clarke has it in his contract that he is allowed to play GAA whilst @ home, can anyone confirm ??

Jack Dempsey

Where can I get confirmation that this game is in Newry

thewobbler

I'll confirm it for you right now.

downredblack

Does anyone know if they charged for kids into the new stand the last day ?

5 Sams

QuotePosted by: downredblack 
Does anyone know if they charged for kids into the new stand the last day 

Yes they did...isnt that what all the moaning was about...somebody had to pay £72 for himself, the wife and two snappers and was complaining about it in one of the newspapers......dunno why he brought the wife anyway ;)
The Aristocrat Years

downredblack

They've a quare pair of balls on them , looking £18 for a 5yr old into a match . Disgrace .

5 Sams

Tickets for the stand were only available in advance....so you could have taken a chance and bought one for yourself and chanced getting the young fella in for nothing at the gate...on the other hand take no chances and buy him a full price ticket.

There should really have been some family tickets as there seemed to be plenty of room left at the front of the stand.
The Aristocrat Years

greygoose

Anybody fancy making a prediction of Down's starting 15 ??

Here goes with mine

1. M McVeigh

2. M Cole
3. A Scullion   (If rumours are true he back on panel )
4. B Grant

5. R Murtagh
6. D Rooney
7. P Murphy

8. J Lynch
9. D Gordan

10. A Carr
11. B Coulter
12. R Sexton

13. P McComiskey
14. P Downey
15. D Hughes

I'm sure that this should get the debate rolling... ;D

downredblack

Skullion in for McCartan if fit , Walsh in for McGovern . Big Jackie back in the Middle after that same as the last day .

greygoose

Quote from: downredblack on May 30, 2007, 12:24:42 PM
Skullion in for McCartan if fit , Walsh in for McGovern . Big Jackie back in the Middle after that same as the last day .

We are not a million miles away from being on the same wave lenght DRB, is Walsh fit ???

overdabar

Quote from: downredblack on May 30, 2007, 10:20:24 AM
They've a quare pair of balls on them , looking £18 for a 5yr old into a match . Disgrace .

if they had of walked over to the standing area the child would of got in for free, no problem.

Stranworst

Dunno if they'll start McComiskey though, despite all the hype maybe he's still better coming on later.

downredblack

Regarding Walsh ,  he is playing away for the Bridge so I'm hoping he will be back to add a bit of experience to the half forward line ,