Mayo V Tyrone National Football League Round 2 Sun 10th February

Started by never kickt a ball, February 03, 2013, 01:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 05, 2013, 10:30:26 PM
In fairness, Mayo Mick has a smidgen of form, where his predictions have an unerringly uncanny knack, i.e., from around the same time last year...

Quote from: Mayo Mick on April 16, 2012, 01:58:21 PM
if we win league as I expect we will then hard to see who will stop us.  We have the players and winning the league will give us the confidence.  certainly no team in Connacht will stop us.

:)

His prediction suggested
Connacht - 1'st
League - 1'st
Championship - 1'st

What happened
Connacht - 1'st
League - 2'nd (final)
Championship 2'nd

He wasn't all that far off.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

EC Unique

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 05, 2013, 10:59:21 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 05, 2013, 10:30:26 PM
In fairness, Mayo Mick has a smidgen of form, where his predictions have an unerringly uncanny knack, i.e., from around the same time last year...

Quote from: Mayo Mick on April 16, 2012, 01:58:21 PM
if we win league as I expect we will then hard to see who will stop us.  We have the players and winning the league will give us the confidence.  certainly no team in Connacht will stop us.

:)

His prediction suggested
Connacht - 1'st
League - 1'st
Championship - 1'st

What happened
Connacht - 1'st
League - 2'nd (final)
Championship 2'nd

He wasn't all that far off.

He suggested 2 national titles. You won none. Far enough.  ;)

muppet

Mayo Mick is about as much from Mayo as I am from New Mexico.
MWWSI 2017

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: muppet on February 06, 2013, 11:00:09 AM
Mayo Mick is about as much from Mayo as I am from New Mexico.

I was wondering where you got the tan from.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

tyroneman

QuoteExpect another 5+ win for us. As we saw with Kerry winning pre-season meaningless cups is irrelevant. Can't see Tyrone really troubling us.

QuoteGoing full pace for 70 mins will help them to put respecability on the scoreboard in last 10 or so. But they will be trying to cut down a big lead at that stage. One winner of this and it's not the visitors.

Maybe not yourself Farrandeelin but these from your others in your county seem wee bit cocky do they not not? ;)

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on February 05, 2013, 02:50:00 PM
Tyrone look very fit and can go at full pace for 70 minutes, this is what won the game against Down and I expect the same result against Mayo.

Thank God, Tyrone people come from more humble stock than us Mayos.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Many changes expected from the last day??

Will he continue with Feeney & Keegan on the 40? It hardly seems worth trying if it's abandoned after one game. That said, McLoughlin will surely start there come championshp time along with Dillon.

I would like to see McHale / Keane / Walsh / AN Other in the two corner back spots to release Higgins to the HB line, possibly even CHB although he may be a bit light for that.

I hope C Freeman gets another run, would be good to see him realising his potential.

I thought the Mayo lads generally had bulked up a good bit this year, Doc seems to be a lot stronger than he was last year.

Would like to see something like this:

O'Malley
Keane      Caff      McHale
Boyle      Higgins      Possibly Rogers – haven't seen him play yet
   AOS      Gibbons
SOS      Freeman   Feeney
Varley      Regan      Doc

Leaves a fairly strong bench:
Clarke
McLoughlin
Keegan
Barrett
B Moran
A Freeman
Vaughan

Any idea when A Moran is due back?

mayo.mick

Any idea when A Moran is due back?

He's hoping to be back in early April.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 07, 2013, 12:50:14 AM
Back training or playing??

Can't see Andy playing any part of the league campaign unless he's 100% over the cruciate injury. Maybe he gets a trot out for a few minutes in the league knock-out stages but I wouldn't be surprised if the first action he sees is challenge matches after the league is done and dusted.

Mayo simply can't afford to enter the championship with him crocked if they have any designs on Sam.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: tyroneman on February 06, 2013, 07:18:49 PM
QuoteExpect another 5+ win for us. As we saw with Kerry winning pre-season meaningless cups is irrelevant. Can't see Tyrone really troubling us.

QuoteGoing full pace for 70 mins will help them to put respecability on the scoreboard in last 10 or so. But they will be trying to cut down a big lead at that stage. One winner of this and it's not the visitors.

Maybe not yourself Farrandeelin but these from your others in your county seem wee bit cocky do they not not? ;)

Both from the same poster
Hasta la victoria siempre

Crete Boom

From the same poster Tyrone man ;D and in fairness while Mayo Micks exuberant positivity to all things Mayo Football may come across as cocky it's nothing compared to O'Neill's one man crusade to erase Mayo from football history considering he now see the whole province of Connacht as legitimate collateral damage in this aim 8) . I  certainly don't judge Tyrone men by the crazy ramblings of this keyboard warrior ;D .

Getting back to the match I'm not sure which way it will go and to be honest I think we could scrape home due to home advantage only . If we are as wasteful in front of goals as we were in the second half v Kerry we will be caught by Tyrone but on the flip side if we own the ball around the middle as much as we did v Kerry we could be relatively comfortable winners although I would wager it'll be somewhere in between that'll happen on Sunday.

ballinaman

Cocky is something that we can never be from Mayo in fairness.

I am confident that Mayo will win on Sunday however. I think we are operating at a slightly higher level than Tyrone at present in terms of personnel and organisation. In the same way I feel, Dublin and Donegal are currently a notch above Mayo at the moment. Looking forward to having a look at Tyrone though because difficult to judge them on the match vs Down. Down are bankers for relegation IMO. Sorry Down!

omagh_gael

Down had been bankers for relegation in 2010 and 2011 too.