An Mhí Vs Baile Átha Cliath - Cluiche Ceannais Laighean 22/07/12

Started by thejuice, July 02, 2012, 09:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ard-Rí

Arra would ye quit, there's no way the All Ireland champions are worried! On Guard maybe, but hardly worried  ...

Have to agree Squire, both teams will play open football and to the victor the spoils. It's traditional, it produces a great game of football, and it excites the crowds.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

thejuice

Despite some making comparisons to 1996 I think Meath fans are starting to calm down a bit and realise whats ahead.

Its going to be a tough ask of our lads, probably a bigger performance is needed than we showed last time. Hopefully with injuries clearing up we'll have a full deck to choose from.

If our Minors win today we'll have them, the Seniors agus na cailíni na Mí in the Leinster final.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Thats great, we have 3 teams in the Leinster finals now. good win by the minors it seems.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Ard-Rí

Yeah, apparently its our first Minor & Senior concurrent Leinster Final Appearance for 22 years.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Declan

Quotegood win by the minors it seems.

Bit of a brawl which saw 3 reds!
Some nice players on that team and once a Meath team has a McEntee, Harnan on it they'll be competitive ;) ;)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Declan on July 08, 2012, 11:21:28 AM
Quotegood win by the minors it seems.

Bit of a brawl which saw 3 reds!
Some nice players on that team and once a Meath team has a McEntee, Harnan on it they'll be competitive ;) ;)

Were you at it Dec?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Declan

QuoteWere you at it Dec?

Didn't make it Croi though speaking with a couple of folks who were. I'd know a lot of the lads playing on it though as my lad would have played against them.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Declan on July 09, 2012, 03:14:57 PM
QuoteWere you at it Dec?

Didn't make it Croi though speaking with a couple of folks who were. I'd know a lot of the lads playing on it though as my lad would have played against them.

Decent team, well drilled, created a lot of goal chances, will be interesting to see how they get on against a packed defence. Played a lot of high balls, fairly sure I saw a drop kick at one stage, now there's a throwback.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Declan

A drop kick! A throw back alright. Kildare or Dublin would probably be favourites for the final alright and I think Meath will be without young O'Sullivan (CHF) whose off to Oz next week by all accounts

Hardy

There's a lot to be said for the drop kick. It imparts great power. There's a noble tradition of it in Meath and one of our minors scored a great goal with a drop kick in the AISF in 2008, I think. (Only to have Joe Brolly later ridicule it as a fluke, the flute.)

squire_in_navy_slacks

Ive witnessed Joe do the oul drop kick alot, its a lovely style imo..............c mcdonald was partial to it too, a master

Crete Boom

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 09, 2012, 07:15:33 PM
Ive witnessed Joe do the oul drop kick alot, its a lovely style imo..............c mcdonald was partial to it too, a master

Your own Jimmy Keaveney was a dab hand at the old drop kick too.

heffo

Meath football is a rising tide at the moment - Minors & Seniors back in a Leinster final.

A tired, weary Dublin team walking into an ambush.

All not well at the top in the DCB with Gilroy locking heads with the top men & it looks like Mickey Whelan is sorely missed.

Meath by four.

orangeman

Quote from: Hardy on July 09, 2012, 05:08:33 PM
There's a lot to be said for the drop kick. It imparts great power. There's a noble tradition of it in Meath and one of our minors scored a great goal with a drop kick in the AISF in 2008, I think. (Only to have Joe Brolly later ridicule it as a fluke, the flute.)

That was some goal arlight. Brilliant.

Declan

QuoteAll not well at the top in the DCB with Gilroy locking heads with the top men

Really?