Gaa managers refuse to speak to Rte over Brian Carthy treatment

Started by Minder, June 07, 2011, 11:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TyroneRahilly

Midman> While they were talking about mickey harte on the radio, they then played "Pretty little girl from omagh". Obviously the worst choice of song due to the rough tie they are going through following the loss of their daughter.

In my opinion, I sincerely doubt that the RTE presenter meant it the way it came across. Id say he's kicking himself now and wishes he hadnt have done it, but i think he was a tad niave and just played one of the most known County Tyrone songs. I can understand how it hurt Mickey Harte and family, but I also feel sorry for the guy that played it - a moment he probably will always regret and never forget. Just very bad timing.

Hopefully they will sort it all out as im sure they will when the dust settles.

LeoMc

Quote from: Jinxy on August 05, 2011, 05:27:11 PM
The 'skit' is gone off youtube now.

wonder when it was taken down, that might give some idea how sincere RTE were.
If it only came down in the last after the TCB statement then I think we can take their "sincere regret was immediately and personally communicated" with a pinch of salt.

orangeman

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has agreed to lift his ban on talking to the BBC.

Ferguson began his boycott of the broadcaster in 2004 after it made allegations against his son, Jason, in a TV documentary.

A statement said: "Sir Alex and the BBC have put behind them the difficulties which led to Sir Alex feeling unable to appear on BBC programmes."

United's next game is against Arsenal at Old Trafford on Sunday.

The joint statement, released on Thursday, follows a meeting between Sir Alex and the BBC's director general, Mark Thompson, and BBC North director Peter Salmon.

It added: "The issues have been resolved to the satisfaction of both parties.

"Sir Alex will now make himself available to the BBC for Match of the Day, Radio 5 live and other outlets as agreed.

"No further comment will be made by either party on this issue."

Aaron Boone

John Murray Show did another bad-taste piece on Rose of Tralee on Weds, apparently interviewing a defeated Rose without saying it was a sham-interview. How many more?

Jinxy

Quote from: LeoMc on August 06, 2011, 04:34:21 PM

If it only came down in the last after the TCB statement then I think we can take their "sincere regret was immediately and personally communicated" with a pinch of salt.

I think it was taken down the day after the TCB statement.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

LeoMc

Quote from: Jinxy on August 26, 2011, 06:22:16 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on August 06, 2011, 04:34:21 PM

I think it was taken down the day after the TCB statement.
I think that shows how "sincerely" they regretted the skit.