O'Byrne Cup 2011

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 17, 2010, 11:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

That Louth team needs to learn how to close out a game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maguire01

Quote from: Jinxy on January 30, 2011, 06:44:41 PM
That Louth team needs to learn how to close out a game.
This really isn't the place for a Meath man to get involved.
:D

Declan

QuoteEarly season fare really. Wasn't overly impressed with either side I have to say.
Dublin look short when Bernard is marked well and Meath just aren't good enough at present.
I think midfield could be a serious problem for Dublin this year if either Mc Aulay and Mc Connell get injured and I wouldn't have Mc connell at the forefront of top inter county midfielder's either.
Bryan Cullen was probably Dublin's best player for the 40 mins he played. Connolly put in a decent shift as well for once . The marginalisation of Paddy Andrews continues to beggar belief. Kicked a point when he came on 95% of the Dublin squad aren't capable of doing.
Thought Graham Reilly was outstanding for Meath- he's a terrific player this guy- best wing forward in the country at present.
O Rourke and Sheridan are very good players but need pace around them and Meath look short of anyone to play around them in that department.
Dublin's defence badly needs the Crokes lads back but if we get our full team on the park again we wont be far away. But i dont believe the strength in depth is anywhere near where other observers think it is.

Would agree with most of that alright. Some good banter as well with Big Joe getting a fair  amount of calls to stay on his feet in the rucks!!

Hardy

Quote from: Declan on January 31, 2011, 08:17:18 AM
Early season fare really. Wasn't overly impressed with either side I have to say. Big Joe getting a fair  amount of calls to stay on his feet in the rucks!!

Yeh - the wit of the Dubs is as fresh and inventive as ever.

I wasn't too impressed with the puke football approach of our Ulster manager. Apart from that, though of course it's early days, little seems to have changed so far. Forwards as good as anybody's and better than nearly everybody's, an adequate midfield to keep them supplied but no defence and especially no full back.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 01, 2011, 11:01:57 PM
Kildare v Louth highlights:

http://bcove.me/gu89jva0

How did Louth loose that? Did their legs go in the last five mins? They looked seriously good from the brief highlights, should have been out of sight towards the end with a couple of missed goal opportunities.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 02, 2011, 02:45:13 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 01, 2011, 11:01:57 PM
Kildare v Louth highlights:

http://bcove.me/gu89jva0

How did Louth loose that? Did their legs go in the last five mins? They looked seriously good from the brief highlights, should have been out of sight towards the end with a couple of missed goal opportunities.

It doesn't really tell the full story of the game. Kildare kicked a serious amount of desperate wides. They also hit the bar and missed two more goal chances that aren't featured in the highlights. Louth were overrun for most of the last twenty minutes. I think they only kicked two points in the second half. Their inside forwards were impressive in the first half though - particularly Maguire and Lennon.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?