Babhta 3 Tyrone V Galway Saturday 7th March 2009

Started by rrhf, February 16, 2009, 12:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I must admit Galway look to be a coming force this year, or how bad were the Dubs?  Where exactly are Tyrone at this stage having finished strongly yesterday or did Kerry ease off?  Always a fine game of football, it looks like a battle between Connaght and Ulsters best hope of AI success this year.

ziggysego

Greencastle Gala is on that night, so unfortunately I will not be at it.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Galway's attack seem to be a serious force at the minute. This fixture, following on from the Kerry game, shows how important it is to be in division 1. Great match ups early on. What's the story with sean o'neill?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zapatista

Quote from: ONeill on February 16, 2009, 01:01:17 PM
Galway's attack seem to be a serious force at the minute. This fixture, following on from the Kerry game, shows how important it is to be in division 1. Great match ups early on. What's the story with sean o'neill?

Which one? Do you mean Shaun?

ONeill

Zapatista

Quote from: ONeill on February 16, 2009, 01:07:56 PM
Yep, the blonde bomber.

No story with fitness or anything else as far as I know. It's a pity he hasn't had a run out. He is a real athlete but he needs game time.  After training all year with Tyrone in 08 and playing very little football for Club or County it showed in his club form.

SidelineKick

Quote from: ziggysego on February 16, 2009, 12:52:09 PM
Greencastle Gala is on that night, so unfortunately I will not be at it.

"I was working I didnt make it"

"Gala dinner is on, won't be able to make it"

Ziggy you're not a supporter at all!!  :P
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ziggysego

The real reason I didn't make the game on Saturday Sideline was I was likely to throw a punch at you, over your comments about the late-great Drew Kirk (RIP).

Good job I didn't go on reflection, the Ricey thing would have been pale in comparison ;)
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

Quote from: ziggysego on February 16, 2009, 01:18:19 PM
The real reason I didn't make the game on Saturday Sideline was I was likely to throw a punch at you, over your comments about the late-great Drew Kirk (RIP).

Good job I didn't go on reflection, the Ricey thing would have been pale in comparison ;)

Ziggy you should be able to control that temper of yours!  You can't start bringing Drew Kirk in a football match, even I admit that would be worse than talking about somebody's mother!

Any male on here knows that it only takes a slight touch to set the balls off, Ricey might have just patted him, but a Pat's all it takes! (Or else I have over sensitive testicles  :o :-\)
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

BennyHarp

Quote from: clarshack on February 16, 2009, 02:07:35 PM
looks like SON is out for 4-5 weeks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7892430.stm

Bad news - was hoping we were going to get an injury free season out of him, he does seem to be a bit jinxed poor fella!
That was never a square ball!!

Tyrone Dreamer

Hopefully Harte will shake things up for this one after the Kerry game. Cassidy did enough during his time at full forward to deserve a chance there. Harte seems to struggle at this time of year so would maybe give him a rest. Would like to see something like this:

Devine
PJ Quinn
Joe McMahon
Conor Gormley
Martin Swift
Ryan "Hero" McMenamin
Jordan
McGinley
Justy McMahon
Tommy McGuigan
Brian McGuigan
Sean Cavanagh
Gareth Devlin
Aiden Cassidy
Mugsy

Biggest concern would be the inexperience in the full forward line but think both Devlin and Cassidy are worth a go.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on February 18, 2009, 10:05:48 PM
When did Tyrone and Galway get relegated to division 3?

A couple of days ago. Bit of a bummer but we're just getting on with it. If Antrim go up we'll be heading to Casement next Valentine's Day.

Orior

This thread is blatently just a deliberate attempt to divert attention from the footballers to the football.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tyssam5

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 18, 2009, 10:03:56 PM
Hopefully Harte will shake things up for this one after the Kerry game. Cassidy did enough during his time at full forward to deserve a chance there. Harte seems to struggle at this time of year so would maybe give him a rest. Would like to see something like this:

Devine
PJ Quinn
Joe McMahon
Conor Gormley
Martin Swift
Ryan "Hero" McMenamin
Jordan
McGinley
Justy McMahon
Tommy McGuigan
Brian McGuigan
Sean Cavanagh
Gareth Devlin
Aiden Cassidy
Mugsy

Biggest concern would be the inexperience in the full forward line but think both Devlin and Cassidy are worth a go.

What about giving McCarron a bit of time in the FB line?