NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingdom37

I thought we were very poor against Meath today.

Thoughts.

1. We have huge problems with kick outs. Brian Kelly is very laboured and slow and kicks it aimlessly into midfield after putting himself under pressure.

2. Tommy Walsh is an animal. He turned the game. That squat of the Meath player was right in front of me

3. We are missing Crowley. We have no plug at teams running at us.

4. Clifford was electric in the first half. Very quiet in the second half.

Overall we looked tired. They look to be carrying weight all over the team. Probably a lot of gym work.

A win is a win but we were patchy

rodney trotter

Tim O Leary calling for Horam out on Twitter. He said he was the best man for the job a few days ago.
He's seems an eejit, with money to burn.

Kingdom37

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 23, 2020, 09:03:48 PM
Tim O Leary calling for Horam out on Twitter. He said he was the best man for the job a few days ago.

I believe he was at rugby. Did he drop his trousers when Sexton was taking his penalties?

Kingdom37

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 02:39:29 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 23, 2020, 02:36:14 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 02:35:07 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2020, 02:16:57 PM
Galway playing some great football. Hope they keep playing like this in c'ship too. McCurry is playing some stuff from Tyrone too. Some very clever passing from him.

Still tying to get my head around how that was a straight red

Made aggressive contact with Galway man's jaw, that's why. Right call in my opinion.
😂😂😂 Aggressive contact. Is there a non aggressive contact. Was clear as day he was going for a shoulder to shoulder but the Galway lad turned at the last second. Was no where near his jaw.

If you honestly think that was red you should stick to non contact sports in all seriousness

You must be hard bartard is saying not a red. Clearly caught him in jaw. Tyrone playing the victim as usual.

tyrone08

Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 23, 2020, 09:24:58 PM
Galway playing some great football. Hope they keep playing like this in c'ship too. McCurry is playing some stuff from Tyrone too. Some very clever passing from him.

Made aggressive contact with Galway man's jaw, that's why. Right call in my opinion.
😂😂😂 Aggressive contact. Is there a non aggressive contact. Was clear as day he was going for a shoulder to shoulder but the Galway lad turned at the last second. Was no where near his jaw.

If you honestly think that was red you should stick to non contact sports in all seriousness

You must be hard bartard is saying not a red. Clearly caught him in jaw. Tyrone playing the victim as usual.
Not at all but it's a contact sport. He was a second too late. Check out the 7 rules for red card offences and let me know which one it falls under

1. Striking or attempting to strike with arm, elbow, hand, knee or head.
2. Kicking or attempting to kick with minimal force or with force or causing injury.
3. Behaving in any way which is dangerous to an opponent.
4. Spitting at an opponent.
5. Contributing to a melee.
6. Stamping.
7. Inflicting injury recklessly.
8. Abusive language towards a Referee, Umpire, Linesman or Sideline Official.

Kingdom37

Quote from: Mayo Border on February 22, 2020, 09:03:14 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 22, 2020, 07:50:06 PM
Donegal better team in the first half. If I was a Donegal fan I'd be worried about their players obsession with their hair. The amount of times a donegal player gets tackled and goes down grabbing his head/hair
Johnny Small seems to be developing a bit of a habit also for holding his hair. The clash with Ryan McHugh  should have been a black card for Small who clearly blocked the follow on run by McHugh. But Small cleverly deceived Deegan by falling down holding his head. The medical team were of course required to complete the deception

To be fair a couple mayo lads have form for this as well. Young Connors and Aidan Shea at it today. They weren't shy in dishing it too and both lucky to finish the game.

moysider

imtommygunn

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 09:31:25 PM

Not at all but it's a contact sport. He was a second too late. Check out the 7 rules for red card offences and let me know which one it falls under

2. Kicking or attempting to kick with minimal force or with force or causing injury.
6. Stamping.

Debatably 7. Is this groundhog day ;D

Farrandeelin

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 23, 2020, 09:03:48 PM

He's a loose cannon. Probably will cause more hassle later on this year too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tyrone08

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2020, 09:42:36 PM

6. Stamping.

LOL I thought a red card was supposed to be for a clear and obvious offence.

imtommygunn

That's var you're thinking of ;D

MayoBuck

That game unravelled pretty quickly for us today.  :-\

Thought we looked good going forward in the 1st half with Darren Coen acting as a good target. Monaghan cut us open a few times however so the goal was coming. Jordan Flynn probably needs to sit out next week at least, his card is marked at this stage. The goal straight after the red card finished the game so not much else to say.

Relegation looms large for us now. With our terrible score difference we'll go down if level on points with Donegal. Really need Dublin and Donegal to beat Tyrone to set up a winner takes all game on the last weekend.

moysider

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2020, 09:42:36 PM

6. Stamping.

3 as well obviously.
Yeah, groundhog day for sure.

Dubhaltach

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 23, 2020, 06:32:24 PM
Thank God the Tyrone sending off is the topic of the day because Mayo were awful, bloody awful today. I haven't seen a performance that bad in a long while. I expected us to lose. But to be outscored by 2-11 to 0-5 in the second half, well you know the rest. I hope James Horan learns at least this ONE THING: don't start Jordan Flynn against Kerry, Galway or Tyrone. Nothing really against him, but he literally cannot make any physical contact with any opposition player or there'll be some kind of card handed out. Unfortunately our lack of underage success is coming home to roost.

While the collapse in the final quarter was disappointing, you have to bear in mind the number of probable starters we were missing today, these include Brendan Harrison, Chris Barrett, Matthew Ruane, Cillian O Connor, Fionn McDonagh, Jason Doherty and James Carr. No other division one team has an injury list like this. We'll be a totally different team come championship and all analysis at the moment has to take account of this

moysider

Quote from: Dubhaltach on February 23, 2020, 10:09:04 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 23, 2020, 06:32:24 PM
Thank God the Tyrone sending off is the topic of the day because Mayo were awful, bloody awful today. I haven't seen a performance that bad in a long while. I expected us to lose. But to be outscored by 2-11 to 0-5 in the second half, well you know the rest. I hope James Horan learns at least this ONE THING: don't start Jordan Flynn against Kerry, Galway or Tyrone. Nothing really against him, but he literally cannot make any physical contact with any opposition player or there'll be some kind of card handed out. Unfortunately our lack of underage success is coming home to roost.

While the collapse in the final quarter was disappointing, you have to bear in mind the number of probable starters we were missing today, these include Brendan Harrison, Chris Barrett, Matthew Ruane, Cillian O Connor, Fionn McDonagh, Jason Doherty and James Carr. No other division one team has an injury list like this at the moment. We'll be a totally different team come championship and all analysis at the moment has to take account of this

The collapse was last 10 minutes rather than last quarter. That was down to a very soft sending off to be fair as well. Not sure many of those you mention change us big time either.