Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on February 23, 2020, 03:41:24 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 23, 2020, 03:34:17 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 23, 2020, 03:30:35 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 03:19:48 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 23, 2020, 03:05:42 PM
That is McShane's season over.

You could see the bone coming out through his sock there.

Think McAliskey had a similar injury with Clonoe a few years back.
Given all the press around his return you could have almost have called this happening to him at some stage this season. Nightmare. Hope he has no long term issues over it

Ya looks a bad break/dislocation.

Will definitely need surgery and can't see him being involved this year now as a result. Best wishes to him as you say.

Leaves Tyrone in a bad way going forward.

The surface in Tuam is very, very bad. The ground completely gave way on him coming down there.

Conor Lane was absolutely scandalous today, think it was after he did everything he could for Galway against Derry a few years back that Brian McIver packed management in at county level. Tyrone will rue the missed chances in the first half before the red card though.

The impact of red cards in comparison to say 15/20 years ago now is huge, the game is all based around possession and space so if you're down a man for a extended period of time then you are up against a serious task. So if referees have to make a decision like they that they have to be sure which made Lane's decision even more laughable. I'd say every game played across the weekend had a more obvious red card offence not given than that today.

The 2 red cards given to tyrone were correct and obvious decisions. I don't think you'll find any neutrals backing you up. The mcgeary tackle was a very dangerous one. Genuinely hope the mcshane injury isn't as bad as it looked.

The first red card was a crazy decision. The Galway player turns into McGeary's shoulder. If you are giving red cards for that then you will have to remove the shoulder charge form the game, it is either or.

It has to be shoulder to shoulder. That shoulder was straight into the side of the galway players jaw. Very dangerous and he looked a bit concussed. That is exactly the type of dangerous tackle which has to be dealt with a red. As i've said, I can't see many neutrals agreeing with your opinion on this one.

PadraicHenryPearse

clear red. it was slightly mistimed and very unfortunate but a red all day.

dublin7

Given all the press around his return you could have almost have called this happening to him at some stage this season. Nightmare. Hope he has no long term issues over it

Will definitely need surgery and can't see him being involved this year now as a result. Best wishes to him as you say.

The surface in Tuam is very, very bad. The ground completely gave way on him coming down there.

Conor Lane was absolutely scandalous today, think it was after he did everything he could for Galway against Derry a few years back that Brian McIver packed management in at county level. Tyrone will rue the missed chances in the first half before the red card though.

The impact of red cards in comparison to say 15/20 years ago now is huge, the game is all based around possession and space so if you're down a man for a extended period of time then you are up against a serious task. So if referees have to make a decision like they that they have to be sure which made Lane's decision even more laughable. I'd say every game played across the weekend had a more obvious red card offence not given than that today.

The 2 red cards given to tyrone were correct and obvious decisions. I don't think you'll find any neutrals backing you up. The mcgeary tackle was a very dangerous one. Genuinely hope the mcshane injury isn't as bad as it looked.

The first red card was a crazy decision. The Galway player turns into McGeary's shoulder. If you are giving red cards for that then you will have to remove the shoulder charge form the game, it is either or.

If you're saying the galway player is somehow to blame for getting a shoulder to the jaw then yes you're right we will have to remove the shoulder charge from the game.

Thankfully the rules of the game put the responsibility for the tackle on the tackler so he got the red card the hit deserved

Manning18

That was the qualifier game that Galway won pulling up by double scores? Yeah he made the difference that day alright

Angelo

Quote from: Manning18 on February 23, 2020, 04:02:24 PM

That was the qualifier game that Galway won pulling up by double scores? Yeah he made the difference that day alright

It was the qualifier game where he denied Derry a stonewall penalty with 3 points between the teams in the final ten minutes and which Galway then went straight up the pitch and scored a goal.

He was definitely the difference that day.

Tyrone threw away 4 or 5 goal chances in that first half, when the red card came in the first half and us trailing by 5 it was game up.

Lane was atrocious.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Nanderson on February 23, 2020, 03:45:53 PM

So you are saying it was the Galway players fault he got shouldered to the head?? As a tackler you have to be able to adjust your tackle depending on the situation.

I'm saying McGeary lined him up at the shoulder and the Galway player changed his movement at the last second. If red cards are going to be dished out as shoulder tackles are deemed reckless and dangerous if they are slightly mistimed as McGeary's was then the GAA have no option but to outlaw a shoulder challenge unilaterally - much in the same way as if your two feet leave the ground now in football it's a red card, regardless of whether you win the ball or not.

The GAA have not outlawed shoulder challenges so there is going to be instances where these challenges are slightly late and players get caught such as the Galway player did. It was a ridiculous red card. You'd have seen more mistimed shoulders up and down the country that would not have even got a yellow card.

Until such time as the GAA outlaw shoulder challenges then you can't be giving red cards for challenges like McGearys which are a split second late or mistimed.

imtommygunn

Where was the elbow though?

Once again you have lost the run of yourself with regard to referees because a decision went against Tyrone.

tyrone08

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2020, 04:57:55 PM
Where was the elbow though?

Once again you have lost the run of yourself with regard to referees because a decision went against Tyrone.

Right by his side where it belonged.

https://twitter.com/KevRedCon/status/1231593026738196481?s=19

imtommygunn

That's a still.

Look I am not 100% sold it's a red but a lot of times it would be given. It wasn't much different to Hogan in the all Ireland hurling final.

If you think that decision was ludicrous then I suggest your objectivity could be called into question. It may have been debatable but it was not ludicrous. Imo many refs would have given that.

Main Street

I thought McGeary's was worth a yellow, but that's a view from the armchair. Very tough on McShane, it looked to be an ugly break.

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2020, 05:17:03 PM
That's a still.

Look I am not 100% sold it's a red but a lot of times it would be given. It wasn't much different to Hogan in the all Ireland hurling final.

If you think that decision was ludicrous then I suggest your objectivity could be called into question. It may have been debatable but it was not ludicrous. Imo many refs would have given that.

Can you name me an occasion when a player has been sent for a mistimed shoulder recently?

Can't really think of one myself. You see worse challenges go unpunished in every game across the country.

tyrone08

That's a still.

I generally am as fair as they come. If it was the other way round I would have expected Galway to get a yellow for it. But there is alot of people talking about this mysterious elbow. The still is at the moment of contact and no elbow was raised is the point I am making.

Anyway still think tyrone would have lost without the red cards. Galway were just too good on the day. That pitch needs a make over though looked very unsafe. Seen alot of players falling over which, anyone of them could break an ankle.

Angelo

On the McShane injury, hopefully it's not too bad.

Just seen Andre Gomes warming up there for Everton and he suffered a truly horrific injury back in November so hopefully the recovery time for McShane might not be too bad.

Hard to see him getting back up to Championship pace though by that time.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Angelo on February 23, 2020, 05:43:58 PM
That's a still.

Can you name me an occasion when a player has been sent for a mistimed shoulder recently?

Can't really think of one myself. You see worse challenges go unpunished in every game across the country.

Richie hogan in ai hurling final... though there may have been more elbow.

imtommygunn

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 05:47:06 PM
That's a still.

I generally am as fair as they come. If it was the other way round I would have expected Galway to get a yellow for it. But there is alot of people talking about this mysterious elbow. The still is at the moment of contact and no elbow was raised is the point I am making.

Anyway still think tyrone would have lost without the red cards. Galway were just too good on the day. That pitch needs a make over though looked very unsafe. Seen alot of players falling over which, anyone of them could break an ankle.

The still isn't at the point of contact. The Galway boy's head is jarred back from the contact so it is definitely after the contact.