Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Quote from: dublin7 on February 23, 2020, 02:48:25 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 02:39:29 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 23, 2020, 02:36:14 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 02:35:07 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2020, 02:16:57 PM
Galway playing some great football. Hope they keep playing like this in c'ship too. McCurry is playing some stuff from Tyrone too. Some very clever passing from him.

Still tying to get my head around how that was a straight red

Made aggressive contact with Galway man's jaw, that's why. Right call in my opinion.
😂😂😂 Aggressive contact. Is there a non aggressive contact. Was clear as day he was going for a shoulder to shoulder but the Galway lad turned at the last second. Was no where near his jaw.

If you honestly think that was red you should stick to non contact sports in all seriousness

His shoulder connected with the Galway lads jaw. Stone wall red and easy decision for the ref. Disappointed the Galway player wasn't taken off. It's a joke the way concussion is ignored by all teams in the GAA

Shoulder hit his chest/shoulder never his jaw. If that hit his jaw he would have been knocked out

https://twitter.com/TyroneGAALive/status/1231591121660317712?s=19

dublin7

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 02:51:45 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 23, 2020, 02:48:25 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 02:39:29 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 23, 2020, 02:36:14 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 02:35:07 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2020, 02:16:57 PM
Galway playing some great football. Hope they keep playing like this in c'ship too. McCurry is playing some stuff from Tyrone too. Some very clever passing from him.

Still tying to get my head around how that was a straight red

Made aggressive contact with Galway man's jaw, that's why. Right call in my opinion.
😂😂😂 Aggressive contact. Is there a non aggressive contact. Was clear as day he was going for a shoulder to shoulder but the Galway lad turned at the last second. Was no where near his jaw.

If you honestly think that was red you should stick to non contact sports in all seriousness

His shoulder connected with the Galway lads jaw. Stone wall red and easy decision for the ref. Disappointed the Galway player wasn't taken off. It's a joke the way concussion is ignored by all teams in the GAA

Shoulder hit his chest/shoulder never his jaw. If that hit his jaw he would have been knocked out

https://twitter.com/TyroneGAALive/status/1231591121660317712?s=19

He did look to be momentarily knocked out the way he went down. You could see his head snap to the side as he got hit. It's a red card

imtommygunn

Deleted. I would say while not every ref would give a red card for that most would. It is certainly not close to the worst decision ever. If I were a Tyrone man I'd be frustrated with mcgeary's discipline. Again it was poor. The elbow was up too.

lenny

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2020, 02:56:46 PM
Deleted. I would say while not every ref would give a red card for that most would. It is certainly not close to the worst decision ever. If I were a Tyrone man I'd be frustrated with mcgeary's discipline. Again it was poor. The elbow was up too.

Obvious red card. Very dangerous tackle. Feel a bit sorry for mcgeary because I don't think he's a dirty player. Moment of madness from him.

square_ball

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2020, 02:56:46 PM

Fair point. He's reckless in the tackle generally. Still don't think he made contact with the head but similar to VAR we have the benefit of looking at numerous replays and it's still not clear.

Angelo

That is McShane's season over.

You could see the bone coming out through his sock there.

Think McAliskey had a similar injury with Clonoe a few years back.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Itchy

Poor cathal mcshane, best wishes to him for his recovery.

tyrone08

Quote from: Angelo on February 23, 2020, 03:05:42 PM

Given all the press around his return you could have almost have called this happening to him at some stage this season. Nightmare. Hope he has no long term issues over it

Angelo

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 03:19:48 PM

Given all the press around his return you could have almost have called this happening to him at some stage this season. Nightmare. Hope he has no long term issues over it

Ya looks a bad break/dislocation.

Will definitely need surgery and can't see him being involved this year now as a result. Best wishes to him as you say.

Leaves Tyrone in a bad way going forward.

The surface in Tuam is very, very bad. The ground completely gave way on him coming down there.

Conor Lane was absolutely scandalous today, think it was after he did everything he could for Galway against Derry a few years back that Brian McIver packed management in at county level. Tyrone will rue the missed chances in the first half before the red card though.

The impact of red cards in comparison to say 15/20 years ago now is huge, the game is all based around possession and space so if you're down a man for a extended period of time then you are up against a serious task. So if referees have to make a decision like they that they have to be sure which made Lane's decision even more laughable. I'd say every game played across the weekend had a more obvious red card offence not given than that today.

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on February 23, 2020, 03:30:35 PM

Will definitely need surgery and can't see him being involved this year now as a result. Best wishes to him as you say.

The surface in Tuam is very, very bad. The ground completely gave way on him coming down there.

Conor Lane was absolutely scandalous today, think it was after he did everything he could for Galway against Derry a few years back that Brian McIver packed management in at county level. Tyrone will rue the missed chances in the first half before the red card though.

The impact of red cards in comparison to say 15/20 years ago now is huge, the game is all based around possession and space so if you're down a man for a extended period of time then you are up against a serious task. So if referees have to make a decision like they that they have to be sure which made Lane's decision even more laughable. I'd say every game played across the weekend had a more obvious red card offence not given than that today.

The 2 red cards given to tyrone were correct and obvious decisions. I don't think you'll find any neutrals backing you up. The mcgeary tackle was a very dangerous one. Genuinely hope the mcshane injury isn't as bad as it looked.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on February 23, 2020, 03:34:17 PM

The 2 red cards given to tyrone were correct and obvious decisions. I don't think you'll find any neutrals backing you up. The mcgeary tackle was a very dangerous one. Genuinely hope the mcshane injury isn't as bad as it looked.

The first red card was a crazy decision. The Galway player turns into McGeary's shoulder. If you are giving red cards for that then you will have to remove the shoulder charge form the game, it is either or.

square_ball

Irrespective of how poor Tyrone were and playing v 14 and 13 men, Galway were very impressive.

tyrone08

I have seen plenty of neutrals saying the 1st one was harsh. Some have said after the 3rd viewing it was a red but sure the ref doesn't have that luxury.

The pitch looked in very bad condition today. Thought the ref was harsh on tyrone as in the first half there was 3-4 clear examples of a tyrone forward either being held back or had their arm pulled but no free given.

The 2nd tyrone red was clear as day. He looked like he was itching to get sent off all game. No idea what he was thinking.

Galway are playing v.good football this year.

Schkite

Big win in Clones, solid 2nd half performance where we were fairly clinical in front of the posts.

Bit of breathing space in the league now, and the scoring difference boosted too should that come into play.

Nanderson

Quote from: Angelo on February 23, 2020, 03:41:24 PM

The first red card was a crazy decision. The Galway player turns into McGeary's shoulder. If you are giving red cards for that then you will have to remove the shoulder charge form the game, it is either or.
So you are saying it was the Galway players fault he got shouldered to the head?? As a tackler you have to be able to adjust your tackle depending on the situation.