NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MayoBuck

Thought there were some positives for us last night but the game was over after we lost a man. O'Hora was very good again as was Plunkett. We'll need him to kick on if Boyle is out for a while. Oisin Mullin I presume is gone with the U20s next weekend and it says a lot that he'll be a big miss for the seniors vs Meath.

Coen and Diarmuid did well in midfield considering the 2 guys Dublin had there. Aidan O'Shea also had a strong 1st half but we'll need a full game out of him next weekend.

Our freetaking problems appeared again unfortunately. I'd probably start Loftus against Meath for the close range ones and let Diarmuid take the rest. When it was 15 v 15 we gave some good long kickpasses into the full forward line. That's one thing Jordan Flynn does well. James Carr won pretty much every ball that went in. I'd like to see him and Tommy Conroy start next weekend.

galwayman

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on February 02, 2020, 09:11:09 AM
If I was handed a 1pt defeat and a good performance prior to our game in Tralee I would have taken it no bother, however, in the context of last nights game we definitely left that one behind us and badly so at that.  To have created so many chances in the first half and taken so few was extremely disappointing with Shane and Damien being to the fore in that regard.  The longer the game progressed in the 2nd half we were definitely in the ascendency and making Kerry look quite rudderless at times.  Walsh was now in full flow and by a distance the outstanding player on view.  Once again, Cillian had another brain fart and we just did not manage that 10 min period when we were down to 14 very well at all, turned over too much ball in our own back line and were constantly outing ourselves under pressure. 
A very enjoyable game of football overall and a cracking atmosphere to boot  in Tralee - very wet drive home though!!! Onwards we go to Letterkenny.
How did you think Mulkerrin and Heaney did in the fb line?

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: galwayman on February 02, 2020, 01:08:00 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on February 02, 2020, 09:11:09 AM
If I was handed a 1pt defeat and a good performance prior to our game in Tralee I would have taken it no bother, however, in the context of last nights game we definitely left that one behind us and badly so at that.  To have created so many chances in the first half and taken so few was extremely disappointing with Shane and Damien being to the fore in that regard.  The longer the game progressed in the 2nd half we were definitely in the ascendency and making Kerry look quite rudderless at times.  Walsh was now in full flow and by a distance the outstanding player on view.  Once again, Cillian had another brain fart and we just did not manage that 10 min period when we were down to 14 very well at all, turned over too much ball in our own back line and were constantly outing ourselves under pressure. 
A very enjoyable game of football overall and a cracking atmosphere to boot  in Tralee - very wet drive home though!!! Onwards we go to Letterkenny.
How did you think Mulkerrin and Heaney did in the fb line?
I thought they both did well and Mulkerrin especially considering the quality of ball that was going in to Clifford in the first half.  A forward of Cliffords quality will kick scores all day if he get a good service.    Once Galway repelled the initial Kerry attack they were very good and pushing them out beyond the 45 and were quite successful in turning them over.  John Daly again was excellent and is really turning into a cornerstone of our defence.  Overall a very good performance and just a pity we didn't at least take a point out of it which would have been deserved. 

thejuice

Meath 0-04
Donegal 0-01

Donegal missed a peno, saved by Marcus Brennan who started in goal.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Meath 0-04
Donegal 2-02

McGill on a black card. Donegal have had 3 penalties scoring 2.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

StephenC

Quote from: thejuice on February 02, 2020, 03:07:04 PM
Meath 0-04
Donegal 2-02

1 from 2 penalties, first goal was from open play.

BennyCake

Quote from: thejuice on February 02, 2020, 03:07:04 PM
Meath 0-04
Donegal 2-02

Only 2 pens mentioned on radio. Murphy scored one, missed one

thejuice

Ok. Misheard on LMFM. Thought they said the first goal was a penalty

thejuice

J70

According to Highland Radio, Murphy lucky to not get a red.

3-5 to 0-6

straightred

Monaghan beat tyrone by 4.
Assuming donegal see it out vs meath its hard to see any way back for meath. Anyone's guess as to who the other team to go down will be

Main Street

Hardly worth a Banty fist pump but some joy as Tyrone were run ragged in Blayney.

larryin89

Quote from: straightred on February 02, 2020, 03:54:04 PM
Monaghan beat tyrone by 4.
Assuming donegal see it out vs meath its hard to see any way back for meath. Anyone's guess as to who the other team to go down will be

It's never as straight forward as you'd think , Meath beat our bucks next Sunday and we are favourites to drop .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

thejuice

I don't think we're beating anyone sadly. You can't compete at the highest level with a makeshift forward line. We really quickly run out of ideas against a packed defense and don't have the individuals available to make something happen. Newman if fit could do something but we won't have him at all i the league.

It sounded like the referee bottled it and gave Murphy a yellow but I'm sure there'll be a hundred different opinions on it.

LeoMc

Quote from: Main Street on February 02, 2020, 03:54:29 PM
Hardly worth a Banty fist pump but some joy as Tyrone were run ragged in Blayney.
It was telling of Monaghans dominance that the entire spine of the Tyrone team, bar Brennan, was off by the middle of the second half.