NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 29, 2020, 05:16:25 PM
Am I the only one interested in Saturday's proceedings in McHale Park??

I think there is only so much Galway talk as they seem to be naming the team so early on Tuesday's this year. The last few years I think it was only named late Thursday or Friday night. Depending on if it was a Saturday or Sunday game.

Now we have a team out but nobody else does until later in the week so there ya go.

joemamas

Quote from: thejuice on January 29, 2020, 02:00:02 PM
Unless we get our injuries sorted we're going to struggle to earn a single point. Bad enough to lose our keeper in the warm up against Tyrone but for our 2nd and 3rd choice keepers to be so under prepared is not good enough for this level. Still we had enough possession and opportunities to salvage something but we don't have the Type of players available to take on a blanket defense which Donegal could easily revert to this weekend. Hopefully Andy has been giving the mark some thought this week because we'll need it.
[/quote

By my observation, Donegal ended up with four or five injuries against Mayo, be surprised if any of them start, throw that in with the previously missing and they may well struggle.
I have no idea how Meath are, but would assume they would be competitive at home.

Main Street

Monaghan v Tyrone at Clones, is not much different to holding a family garden party but with an imposed mandate that an ogre element be invited out of a misplaced courtesy.  Fortunately our record in the NFL against the Tyrone horde is good and this time  the impact of  Banty's backroom team should kick in to good effect. 

omagh_gael

Hopefully Banty's horde turn up in Clones and we'll take the forfeited points whilst sitting on ogre arses over in Blaney!!

larryin89

You'd have to fear the worst lar , Dublin looked sharp last week , we were pretty poor in reality and bar poor Donegal shooting we would of got a trimming .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

seafoid

Odds 30 Jan

Dublin 13/8
Kerry   3/1
Galway 8/1
Tyrone 9/1
Mayo 10/1
Donegal 10/1
Monaghan 40/1
Meath 150/1

The divisions are said to be evenly matched
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dire Ear

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 29, 2020, 07:41:40 PM
Hopefully Banty's horde turn up in Clones and we'll take the forfeited points whilst sitting on ogre arses over in Blaney!!
Class!!

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: seafoid on January 30, 2020, 08:53:18 AM
Odds 30 Jan

Dublin 13/8
Kerry   3/1
Galway 8/1
Tyrone 9/1
Mayo 10/1
Donegal 10/1
Monaghan 40/1
Meath 150/1

The divisions are said to be evenly matched
Hmmm, I would suggest that that the football divisions are pretty evenly matched with Cork in Div 3 possibly being the exception.  There were two Div 1 games in Pearse Stadium last Sunday, 1 was a good competitive match, the other wasn't even a good training session.  I'm not expecting a win in Tralee on Sat night but I am hoping that we will be at least competitive and I would also be hopeful of giving the Dubs a good rattle in Pearse Stadium later on, similar to their last visit.  I like the football league structure, even allowing for the time of year its played etc.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: larryin89 on January 29, 2020, 07:48:32 PM

You'd have to fear the worst lar , Dublin looked sharp last week , we were pretty poor in reality and bar poor Donegal shooting we would of got a trimming .

It was Jim Gavins Dublin that Mayo couldn't beat surely with him gone, early February with Dublin not long back for their Holidays and the match played in MacHale Park is ideal opportunity for Mayo to win?

greatpoint

I see the media are all-out trying to force this Dublin Kerry rivalry into existence, despite Kerry having not beaten the Dubs in Championship since 2009. Outlets like OTB have only covered the Dublin vs. Kerry game from last weekend and appear to be only discussing the games involving those two this coming weekend.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 30, 2020, 12:34:15 PM

It was Jim Gavins Dublin that Mayo couldn't beat surely with him gone, early February with Dublin not long back for their Holidays and the match played in MacHale Park is ideal opportunity for Mayo to win?
I'd love to agree with you but I can't see it happening. Mayo won't be able to field anything near the full championside and they don't have the same quality of reserves as Dublin.
I like the look of some of the new faces on show in Ballybofey but Dublin looked sharp the last day and with most of the side anxious to stake their claim with the new manager, they won't be lacking motivation.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 30, 2020, 03:31:02 PM

I'd love to agree with you but I can't see it happening. Mayo won't be able to field anything near the full championside and they don't have the same quality of reserves as Dublin.
I like the look of some of the new faces on show in Ballybofey but Dublin looked sharp the last day and with most of the side anxious to stake their claim with the new manager, they won't be lacking motivation.

Have to agree. The performance in Ballybofey wouldn't do against the Dubs either. Hard to see a Mayo win, a tight loss would be ok I'd imagine. A hammering would be terrible.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 30, 2020, 03:45:02 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 30, 2020, 03:31:02 PM

Have to agree. The performance in Ballybofey wouldn't do against the Dubs either. Hard to see a Mayo win, a tight loss would be ok I'd imagine. A hammering would be terrible.

Same here unfortunately

From the Bunker

When is the last time Mayo beat Dublin in League or Championship?

The answer is probably 2012. A long time ago!

Dublin in the past would have singled out this League fixture. That's probably not the case anymore.  :-\

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 30, 2020, 06:18:16 PM
When is the last time Mayo beat Dublin in League or Championship?

The answer is probably 2012. A long time ago!

Dublin in the past would have singled out this League fixture. That's probably not the case anymore.  :-\
Not after last year ( which was disgraceful i mo thuairim . )
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU