American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on June 15, 2019, 12:38:09 PM
Lakers favourites? What do the bookies know about who they're getting that we don't? Kawhi? PG13?

Anthony Davis maybe
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on June 15, 2019, 12:57:52 PM
Bucks and Raptors both shorter prices than Lakers..

I'd be surprised if Kawhi went to Lakers, he'd hardly want to play 2nd fiddle to Le Bron?

Kawhi wouldn't mind his role in the team as long as it have him a chance to win and he got paid like the max player he is.

Boycey

When he was moving last summer there was speculation that Kawhi favoured the Clippers over the Lakers in LA for exactly that reason?

Edit - 1st link I found
https://www.sbnation.com/2019/6/14/18660030/kawhi-leonard-free-agency-rumors-toronto-raptors-nba-champion

Minder

Quote from: Minder on June 15, 2019, 01:01:30 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 15, 2019, 12:38:09 PM
Lakers favourites? What do the bookies know about who they're getting that we don't? Kawhi? PG13?

Anthony Davis maybe

Yup

gallsman

Durant (4 years, 164m) going to Brooklyn to team up with Kyrie (4 years, 141m).

I mean he's one of the best players of all time but at present he can't f**king walk. Signing him to that deal now is mental.

gawa316

Quote from: gallsman on June 30, 2019, 10:42:14 PM
Durant (4 years, 164m) going to Brooklyn to team up with Kyrie (4 years, 141m).

I mean he's one of the best players of all time but at present he can't f**king walk. Signing him to that deal now is mental.

Talk of DeAndre going to the nets as well

gallsman

The deal is as done as DJ's career :)

Ball Hopper

Gold Cup quarter final coming up:  USA v CuraƧao

USA hold on for 1-0 victory.  Meet Jamaica in the semifinal...Mexico and Haiti in the other semifinal.

gawa316

D-Lo to the Warriors

Iggy to Memphis  :(

Minder

Kawhi Leonard & Paul George to the Clippers

gallsman

NBA is wide open next year. Crazy.

gawa316

Westbrook going to the rockets and Paul the other way :o

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: gallsman on July 06, 2019, 12:15:51 PM
NBA is wide open next year. Crazy.

You said it, some of amount of moves this off season. Exciting but a lot of unknowns. Living in Vancouver in PST i got to watch a lot season games and I was surprised how exciting it was. Before that in GMT id watch as much post season as possible. The west is looking very interesting.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

lurganblue

Twitter going mad for the Christian Wade TD last night for the Bills. It was impressive for his first ever touch.  I read somewhere that he goes into the practice squads for this season though.