Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2018, 09:56:38 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 30, 2018, 09:52:57 PM
In that case the failure was in letting them escape. It's okay for citizens to step in and hand them into the authorities, but it's not their place to dispense punishment.

If your son was being raped and you were able to 'step in' as you say and detain him. You would batter him? Weirdo

But if, if, if. Whatabout, whatabout, whatabout!!

Where do you draw the line? When is mob justice ok? And when is it not? Just so I know when I'm out policing society during my lunch break.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: haranguerer on May 01, 2018, 08:45:00 AM
Its pointless discussing individual examples. The law has to be universal.

BC1, you said earlier you didn't condone the violence but have condoned it in every post I've seen on the matter (including the one you said you didn't condone it in). I'm guessing from other posters comments you are involved in the legal profession, and you've always seemed measured and reasonable - it makes it an even greater wonder you ignore the bigger picture here.

I never said it was right, what I have said is I can understand why people reacted given their fears and the lack of police presence when 2 known sex offenders are walking freely and trying to take children. Like I said they were stalking a school that I have a lot of relatives kids at, including my nephew whom I am very close to. To beat them was wrong but tears won't be shed nor hands wrung. The caveat in all this from me is I hope that they have a proper hearing for any of the offences they face and justice is done, whatever that ends up being

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 01, 2018, 09:17:47 AM
In that case the failure was in letting them escape. It's okay for citizens to step in and hand them into the authorities, but it's not their place to dispense punishment.

If your son was being raped and you were able to 'step in' as you say and detain him. You would batter him? Weirdo

Where do you draw the line? When is mob justice ok? And when is it not? Just so I know when I'm out policing society during my lunch break.

All this is what if, as no one has been put in that position and wouldnt know how they would react should it come to their door.. There is a huge difference when some has been convicted a few times for sex crimes and evading the law and hagning around schools, playgrounds than some suspected of being a paedo by the hunters.. which i was and still am, against..

but my point stands if i walked in on an act of violence towards a minor, my minor I'd react.. I wouldnt be just calling the cops and hoping they turn up before its gets out of hand..

The guy in England that killed the burglar, he reacted and the guy was stabbed by his own knife, justified? Or should he have just called the cops?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2018, 10:13:54 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 01, 2018, 09:17:47 AM

All this is what if, as no one has been put in that position and wouldnt know how they would react should it come to their door.. There is a huge difference when some has been convicted a few times for sex crimes and evading the law and hagning around schools, playgrounds than some suspected of being a paedo by the hunters.. which i was and still am, against..

but my point stands if i walked in on an act of violence towards a minor, my minor I'd react.. I wouldnt be just calling the cops and hoping they turn up before its gets out of hand..

The guy in England that killed the burglar, he reacted and the guy was stabbed by his own knife, justified? Or should he have just called the cops?

Absolutely justified....if he hadn't gone to rob he wouldn't have died. As for the two paedos they got off very lightly....if they had received the OBE I doubt many would have shed a tear.

AQMP

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 01, 2018, 09:18:05 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 01, 2018, 08:45:00 AM
Its pointless discussing individual examples. The law has to be universal.

BC1, you said earlier you didn't condone the violence but have condoned it in every post I've seen on the matter (including the one you said you didn't condone it in). I'm guessing from other posters comments you are involved in the legal profession, and you've always seemed measured and reasonable - it makes it an even greater wonder you ignore the bigger picture here.

I never said it was right, what I have said is I can understand why people reacted given their fears and the lack of police presence when 2 known sex offenders are walking freely and trying to take children. Like I said they were stalking a school that I have a lot of relatives kids at, including my nephew whom I am very close to. To beat them was wrong but tears won't be shed nor hands wrung. The caveat in all this from me is I hope that they have a proper hearing for any of the offences they face and justice is done, whatever that ends up being

Is that the two guys who were beaten or the people who did the beating??

haranguerer

A lot of us would react similarly - the point is, it wouldn't be right. We're all capable of carrying out violent deeds - but in a civilised society they are recognised as wrong, and for good reason.

In these instances, saying you understand why people reacted like this isn't a commentary on human nature, it's condoning their behaviour. Fair play to the community for apprehending them, but I would think it a greater achievement if they'd been handed over with minimal physical interference.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: haranguerer on May 01, 2018, 10:46:41 AM
A lot of us would react similarly - the point is, it wouldn't be right. We're all capable of carrying out violent deeds - but in a civilised society they are recognised as wrong, and for good reason.

In these instances, saying you understand why people reacted like this isn't a commentary on human nature, it's condoning their behaviour. Fair play to the community for apprehending them, but I would think it a greater achievement if they'd been handed over with minimal physical interference.

"A civilised society ".....paedos can't be cured or rehabilitated....chemical castration may work, but would have to be voluntary otherwise it would infringe on their human rights.
I know I'm digressing here but just last week a serial offender ( not a paedo) got 9 years for killing two children whilst high on drink and drugs....justice? not in my book 😡

seafoid

Beating them up.is a crime. Whover was involved may be looking at a prison sentence. Even if they were paedophiles. There is a grey area between tabloid morality and the law , and this case falls into it.

brokencrossbar1

What is minimal interference?  There's lots of stories about the 'beating' these guys got. They were capable of walking to the car and did not get the beating that some believe  they got. They shouldn't have been hit beyond necessary to restrain them but I can understand people's actions. I won't back down from that opinion either.

Also AQMP if anyone is caught for hitting them and there is evidence to prosecute them then by all means charge and prosecute them and give them the same rights as the other 2

seafoid

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/priest-attempted-to-intervene-in-paedophile-vigilante-attack-36862080.html

May 1 2018 7:22 AM

A priest attempted to intervene when two on-the-run sex offenders were being beaten by a mob with iron bars in a south Armagh village, a witness has said.

A woman, who asked not to be named, told the BBC that local priest Father John Heagney tried to intervene during the assault which saw child rapist James White (48) and paedophile Alexis Guesto (26) chained to a bench, covered in grey paint, and hit with iron bars during a "brutal attack" on Saturday.

Both men were being hunted by the PSNI when the pair were discovered by a group of men in Mullaghbawn.

The witness said: "They kicked them in the head. They beat them with sticks. They jeered. They took pictures of them.

"I thought one of them was dead. We went for the priest and he immediately came down and tried to plead with them. I know they had to be taken out of the community - but not like that."

Fr John Heagney confirmed that he tried to intervene but declined to be interviewed.

The woman said up to 100 people witnessed the incident, which she said had damaged the reputation of the south Armagh village.

haranguerer

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 01, 2018, 11:24:58 AM

What is minimal interference?  There's lots of stories about the 'beating' these guys got. They were capable of walking to the car and did not get the beating that some believe  they got. They shouldn't have been hit beyond necessary to restrain them but I can understand people's actions. I won't back down from that opinion either.

Also AQMP if anyone is caught for hitting them and there is evidence to prosecute them then by all means charge and prosecute them and give them the same rights as the other 2

Enough to restrain and no more. The scale of the beating isn't relevant (except perhaps if that ever goes to court), but its clear it was more than necessary.

Saying you 'understand people's actions' isn't an 'opinion'. Unless of course you actually mean something other than 'understand', which it seems clear you do, and which I point out in my post. So why not say what you mean?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 01, 2018, 11:27:51 AM
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/priest-attempted-to-intervene-in-paedophile-vigilante-attack-36862080.html

May 1 2018 7:22 AM

A priest attempted to intervene when two on-the-run sex offenders were being beaten by a mob with iron bars in a south Armagh village, a witness has said.

A woman, who asked not to be named, told the BBC that local priest Father John Heagney tried to intervene during the assault which saw child rapist James White (48) and paedophile Alexis Guesto (26) chained to a bench, covered in grey paint, and hit with iron bars during a "brutal attack" on Saturday.

Both men were being hunted by the PSNI when the pair were discovered by a group of men in Mullaghbawn.

The witness said: "They kicked them in the head. They beat them with sticks. They jeered. They took pictures of them.

"I thought one of them was dead. We went for the priest and he immediately came down and tried to plead with them. I know they had to be taken out of the community - but not like that."

Fr John Heagney confirmed that he tried to intervene but declined to be interviewed.

The woman said up to 100 people witnessed the incident, which she said had damaged the reputation of the south Armagh village.

Went for the priest? Why didn't she phone the police? If he seemed dead he managed to walk into a car, so his powers of recovery equal that of Lazarus!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: haranguerer on May 01, 2018, 11:32:19 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 01, 2018, 11:24:58 AM

Enough to restrain and no more. The scale of the beating isn't relevant (except perhaps if that ever goes to court), but its clear it was more than necessary.

Saying you 'understand people's actions' isn't an 'opinion'. Unless of course you actually mean something other than 'understand', which it seems clear you do, and which I point out in my post. So why not say what you mean?

It is an opinion. It is my opinion that I can understand how this happened the way it did. It is my opinion that people's fears and frustration made them react in a way that they wouldn't normally do. It is also my opinion that they may have stepped over the mark in their efforts to restrain these men. If I was in the position to restrain them I personally wouldn't strike them or attack them unless they were actually physically doing something to hurt someone else but that's only me.

haranguerer

Sorry, but it is impossible to have the opinion that you 'understand peoples actions'. Understanding 'peoples actions' is a statement of fact, you either understand or you don't understand. Its very different to agreeing with, or condoning the actions, which you can have an opinion about, as they are subjective, rather than factual statements.

seafoid

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=28105.225

brokencrossbar1Hero Member

Re: Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

« Reply #228 on: January 14 at 09:08:09 AM »

I listened to the radio the other day and the police woman who heads the team that deals with this stuff sounded extremely exasperated.  No convictions, only a handful of arrests, lots of the 'evidence' gathered by these groups inadmissible, there is a f**king due process there for s reasin ..... to stop innocents going to jail. These vigilante groups subvert that due process. One was on the radio the other day and the arrogance dripping from his words was shocking. The whole 'we are better than the police!'  Let them do what they are doing up to the point of challengeing these suspected people. Thereafter give it to the police to finish the job right.