Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thebigdog

Quote from: longballin on May 24, 2018, 10:22:43 AM
Quote from: redzone on May 24, 2018, 10:15:52 AM
Quote from: longballin on May 24, 2018, 09:42:38 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2018, 09:32:10 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 24, 2018, 09:26:04 AM
Which players in our team would make any side in Ireland? Colm C, Harte, Sludden and if McAliskey keeps his form up from the weekend then him as well. After that, the others a pretty interchangeable.

Was really impressed with Skeet. He took the fight to Monaghan albeit on his own. Showed leadership and that sprinkling of stardust. If he keeps that form up there's no doubt he can carry Tyrone to the latter stages of the AI.

I genuinely doubt if we have any players that start on the Dublin team to be honest - that's the benchmark.

I think Sludden could be worked into the Dublin team but that's about it

Surely Harte should be praised for getting so much out this group then if that's the case then. Definitely an air of jealousy among a few critics

What has he got out of them... beat very poor Ulster teams. At least Mayo and other teams have a cut when they get to Croke Park, wont beat the Dubs but Harte went to defend a defeat.
Mickey Harte is probably the most jealous person on the face of the earth.

southtyronegael

Listen lads, I think everyone is slowly starting to realize that the game is up for Harte. Get this season over, get him out and liberate this county.

bigpackiechestout

4 days on from the game - is it out of the question to call for some balanced thinking? I think we are all disappointed with the result but, all things considered, the game was won by Monaghan in the last ten minutes and we entered this period without Colm Cavanagh, Tiernan McCann, Lee Brennan and Mark Bradley on the field, whereas Monaghan had they full compliment on at this stage (after bringing on McCarthy and Walshe). This was arguably the difference as a fit Colm Cav could have made the difference at midfield where we really struggled.

Also, we were level with Monaghan after 65 minutes despite injuries to the above players and with barely any of our other players playing to their full potential. I still feel that on any given day if we play well we are capable of beating any team in Ireland, possibly excluding the Dubs. So, going forward, with the right draw I feel we can reach the All Ireland final which would obviously be progress from last year and all anyone can ask for.

Finally, looking at positives coming out of the defeat, playing in the Qualifiers may give some of our less experienced men room to breathe and play their way into form in a less pressurised environment whilst getting experience at inter-county level. I'm thinking of the likes of Brennan, McClure, McShane, McKernan. With a few games under their belt i think these guys could gain momentum and really become key players as the year goes on.

With that in mind I would home we get an easy enough draw (a Division 3 team for example) in the first round and gradually face better teams as we progress. Although I think we could beat Mayo if we drew them.

Thebigdog

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 24, 2018, 11:39:52 AM
4 days on from the game - is it out of the question to call for some balanced thinking? I think we are all disappointed with the result but, all things considered, the game was won by Monaghan in the last ten minutes and we entered this period without Colm Cavanagh, Tiernan McCann, Lee Brennan and Mark Bradley on the field, whereas Monaghan had they full compliment on at this stage (after bringing on McCarthy and Walshe). This was arguably the difference as a fit Colm Cav could have made the difference at midfield where we really struggled.

Also, we were level with Monaghan after 65 minutes despite injuries to the above players and with barely any of our other players playing to their full potential. I still feel that on any given day if we play well we are capable of beating any team in Ireland, possibly excluding the Dubs. So, going forward, with the right draw I feel we can reach the All Ireland final which would obviously be progress from last year and all anyone can ask for.

Finally, looking at positives coming out of the defeat, playing in the Qualifiers may give some of our less experienced men room to breathe and play their way into form in a less pressurised environment whilst getting experience at inter-county level. I'm thinking of the likes of Brennan, McClure, McShane, McKernan. With a few games under their belt i think these guys could gain momentum and really become key players as the year goes on.

With that in mind I would home we get an easy enough draw (a Division 3 team for example) in the first round and gradually face better teams as we progress. Although I think we could beat Mayo if we drew them.
Ten years of balanced thinking.. Round and round the garden...Fresh management, fresh voice, fresh ideas. The possibility of old squad players back in. Let's talk to RTE. Let's get everyone behind Tyrone again. You know the score, Harte out Now!

Goals_Will_Come

U20 Team v Monaghan:

1. Benny Gallen;Aghyaran
2. Antoin Cox, Loughmacrory
3. Connor Quinn, Galbally
4. Peadar Mullan; Tattyreagh
5. Conal Grimes, Loughmacrory
6. Ryan McCusker, Dromore
7. Cahir Goodwin; Dromore
8. Ruairi Gormley, Strabane
9. Brian Kennedy; Derrylaughan
10. Conor Shields, Clogher
11. Emmett McNabb, Dromore
12. Ryan Gray; Trillick
13. Tiarnan Drayne, Donaghmore
14. Mattie McGleenan, Eglish
15. Paul Donaghy, Edendork

GetOverTheBar

I admire your positivity, but this team will not reach an All Ireland final. The legs will be gone by the time the Super 8s / Quarters finish. It's too much of an ask for a team that looked laboured in their opener v Monaghan to now win maybe 7/8 in a row with limited rest.

WT4E

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2018, 12:28:35 PM

I admire your positivity, but this team will not reach an All Ireland final. The legs will be gone by the time the Super 8s / Quarters finish. It's too much of an ask for a team that looked laboured in their opener v Monaghan to now win maybe 7/8 in a row with limited rest.

Anyone thing regular games might help a team rather than hinder them - games get/keep players sharp.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: WT4E on May 24, 2018, 12:42:26 PM

Anyone thing regular games might help a team rather than hinder them - games get/keep players sharp.

Yes this is my thinking. When Mccarron went off on Sunday our oldest player left on the pitch was 27. We have a multitude of lads around the 23/24 mark so theres no reason why our panel wont be fit for the qualifiers and super 8s. Also think going on the road against some of the southern teams could bring our lads on more than a couple of dogfights v Fermanagh and Donegal.

At the start of the year the goal was to get to the Super 8s and take it from there. That hasnt changed, and an Ulster title in the past 2 years hasn't satisfied the Harte Out brigade on here so not winning one this year is no odds.

southtyronegael

Quote from: WT4E on May 24, 2018, 12:42:26 PM

Anyone thing regular games might help a team rather than hinder them - games get/keep players sharp.they don't need more games to keep them sharp, they need inspiration from the sideline.

GetOverTheBar

Lee Brennan out for 2 months according to teamtalk.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2018, 01:25:23 PM

Just seen that and Bradly could face a battle with his fitness.  Anybody a phone number for Dazzler McCurry??
Living the dream!!!

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 24, 2018, 01:29:07 PM

Just seen that and Bradly could face a battle with his fitness.  Anybody a phone number for Dazzler McCurry??

Hope Ronan O'Neill didn't make any impromptu summer plans after his tantrum on Sunday...

WT4E

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 24, 2018, 01:34:00 PM

Hope Ronan O'Neill didn't make any impromptu summer plans after his tantrum on Sunday...

I'd say the bridge is burnt at this stage anyway - Mickey tends to hold grudges!

What about Mugsy anyone???

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: WT4E on May 24, 2018, 01:42:01 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 24, 2018, 01:34:00 PM

I'd say the bridge is burnt at this stage anyway - Mickey tends to hold grudges!

What about Mugsy anyone???

Big Sean is still kicking Ball when he isn't in the RTE Studios :D
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

From what I seen on Sunday, Mark Bradley will be out just as long - no idea who he managed to eek out another 5-10 minutes after he was clearly unable to run.