Maigh Eo v Dubh Linn, Pairc Mhic Eil, 14ú Marta @ 1900

Started by macdanger2, March 09, 2015, 11:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Might as well get this one started, I'd say there'll be a big crowd at this one.

Sounds like some of the experiments (Kirby at MF and Caff @ CHB) were only so-so against Derry, it'll be interesting to see if they persist with those or not.

COC being out is a big loss for us, good to see Dillon back though

Mayo4Sam

Great timing for Mayo on this one. Dubs will play a full strength team but out of Croker they don't operate so well and without the likes of Kildare giving them 5 or 6 home games in the league they're struggling.
Mayo look to be safe so will probably continue with experimental line ups, this is a shot to nothing for them. A win would be great but a loss wouldn't be the end of the world. You could easily see themselves and cork drawing in Cork to put them both through to the semi finals
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Fuzzman

Will ye play open football with them or get loads behind the ball.
Flynn and O'Gara helped them a lot on Sat when they came on but if ye give them space they'll tear strips off ye

Nihilist

Would assume Dublin will be bringing all the big guns to Castlebar including MDMA and Connolly if available. They are in desperate need of points now and I would say they are going to get it from Gavin in training this week. He didn't mince his words on TV on Saturday night which is unusual for him. Expect  big backlash from them and Mayo without have a dozen or so first teamers and others only playing average enough.

Dublin by 4.

heffo

macdanger2

I hope O'Gara starts at FF, would be interested to see how Keane manages him

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 09, 2015, 03:21:57 PM
Great timing for Mayo on this one. Dubs will play a full strength team but out of Croker they don't operate so well and without the likes of Kildare giving them 5 or 6 home games in the league they're struggling.
Mayo look to be safe so will probably continue with experimental line ups, this is a shot to nothing for them. A win would be great but a loss wouldn't be the end of the world. You could easily see themselves and cork drawing in Cork to put them both through to the semi finals

Horseshite, Dublin will not be fielding a full strength team, Mayo 5 at least

moysider

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 09, 2015, 03:43:03 PM
Will ye play open football with them or get loads behind the ball.
Flynn and O'Gara helped them a lot on Sat when they came on but if ye give them space they'll tear strips off ye

I hope we play it like we have been last 2 games. Getting bodies behind the ball when we don t have it and keeping cover back when we do.

We re in bonus territory now with 6 points being probably good enough to stay up. Impressive enough considering we ve don it with FBD selections. But injuries are building up now and some form is poor. If the U21s are rested again we re going to be threadbare in a few areas.

Not sure how many,if any, of the following will be available this weekend? Barrett, Parsons, Vaughan, Gibbons, Coen, Durkan, O ConnorX2, Andy

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on March 09, 2015, 04:21:40 PM

Solid argument there alright 😐
If expect BBrogan and Flynn to both start, MDM and Cluxton too, exactly what you'd call full strength

Who will be rested if that's not the case?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

moysider

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on March 09, 2015, 04:21:40 PM

Not sure as much as 5. Or any. We re probably safe now and it s the league and all so it could be a bit of a damp squib from us.
It depends how we set up as well. Hopefully we ll have learned from our skirmishes with likes of Derry, Tyrone and Monaghan and realise, finally, that less is more, and there is more reward for being conservative and defensive than being gung-ho and entertaining.
We ll be well shy a championship 15 but hopefully the management will put out a thick shape that has served us well in last 2 games and can be tweaked later when others return.

whitey

I'd say Mayo will go all out to win. 

That should put them in the semis......they could then bring back in some fringe players to blood them in a big game. (At least, that's what I'd do)

squire_in_navy_slacks

Mdma wont start, Connolly was playing hurley with his club the weekend but I cant see him lining out this weekend either, Brennan is a sub at his age profile, Flynn is off the pace but great to see him back on Sat, likewise James McCarthy. Be interesting to see the system deployed by both teams this weekend