Laois u21's 2015.

Started by TheGreatGame, May 25, 2015, 04:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G@@

Very disappointing last night, U21 is an important grade to be competing in to build the panel. Seven points over 60 minutes is a poor return. That referee was woeful and seemed very, very biased towards Carlow. In fairness to Carlow they hurled better and seemed hungrier for it.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

redsetanta

Seems like we're getting the reason why Cheddar wasn't at the U21 game last night. Reports saying he's resigned. He must be pretty pissed off about something as he's put a lot of time and effort in Laois hurling.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

TheGreatGame

The ref, as bad and one sided as he was, shouldn't be used as an excuse here.  I said before the game that being a nice team on paper isn't much good if the effort isn't there.  Fair play to Carlow, they fought for everything.  So did some of our players, none more than Cha who played a captains part, but others in the Laois jersey really let themselves down to be honest, and that's putting it mildly.

redsetanta

Was there complacency from Laois or were they just not up for the contest?

What about the shot selection because 7 points is very poor return.  A total of 11 scores as opposed to 17 for Carlow.

Carlow did it against Dublin a couple of years ago at this level so they shouldn't have been taken lightly.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

TheGreatGame

I won't pick out individuals or anything redsetanta, but to me it wasn't a case of the whole team being this or that.  Certain lads tried their best, and certain lads didn't break a sweat.
A much less talented Laois team beat much more talented opposition (Dublin) a few years ago through sheer will to win from the whole panel.  Last night was probably as frustrated as I've ever been leaving a Laois game simply because I know that team is capable of so much more than that.

There were a few quibbles I'd have with certain players in some positions, but if you have players not putting it in it's all the one really.

crow

Poor cheddar not alone did senior players play but the u 21 corner back and the minors played with their club in the same practice match so much for respect

the ratman

Is there any way to sanction the club for playing them? If it had been a league game I know there are penalties in place but are they exempt when it is just a challenge game. They should be made an example of.

redsetanta

Draw for U21 for 2016 has been kind to Laois. Dublin, Wexford and Kilkenny on the other side of the draw so if they get their act together they should make a Leinster final. They will want to be better than they were this year.