Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

BallyhaiseMan

Kolb has Celek,Jackson,Maclin,McCoy.
He will put up some good numbers.

Seanie,sorry for mixing ya up with sligonian in the chat room  :P,you had a good draft anyway.

magpie seanie

Not a bother.

That's the draft over. How do the trades/free agents work now?

eiled in the bushes

puppet master
1. (1) Chris Johnson 
2. (28) Cedric Benson 
3. (29) Jahvid Best 
4. (56) Brett Favre 
5. (57) Jermichael Finley 
6. (84) T.J. Houshmandzadeh 
7. (85) Mike Wallace 
8. (112) Philadelphia 
9. (113) Garrett Hartley 
10. (140) Craig Terrill 
11. (141) Dan Klecko 
12. (168) Michael Adams 
13. (169) Morgan Trent 
14. (196) Alex Smith 
15. (197) Eddie Royal 
16. (224) Donnie Avery 
17. (225) Marshawn Lynch 
18. (252) Ryan Succop 
19. (253) Jermaine Gresham                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           have not saw a game in about 3 years.no idea who most of these boys are,whats the verdict on this team.i thought favre had retired AGAIN
get some metal in your life

AZOffaly

You did alright :) You got the first pick, so were picking 1st, 28th, 29th, 56th etc. Chris Johnson is an animal running back, and by fat the best running back last year. Cedric Benson is a more than solid number 2. Favre had a great year last year, but his receiving corps is a bit banged up this year. Rice is out at least half the season, Harvin has a chronic migraine issue. He should still be a decent QB though.

Finlay is a great tight end up in Green Bay.

I'd say the rest of your picks are decent, but not great. That's often the way in the later rounds when you are on the autopick.

Best of luck with it. I know it has stoked other lads interest in the game, so I hope it does the same for you. I think you'll enjoy the head to head format.

eiled in the bushes

cheers AZ,must try and offload a few of these boys. does channel 5 or itv4 show any more live games
get some metal in your life

AZOffaly

C5 showed the Sunday night games last season, not sure about this year. They are late though, 7.30 Eastern Time, so after midnight here.

The best is obviously Sky Sports, 6pm and 9.15 on a Sunday evening.

ESPN are showing Monday night football live this year as well. Again, very late for a 'school' night but sure you can tape it and avoid the internet :D

Minder

Total Access is on at 11pm tonight on Sky Sports 2.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the onion bag

Quote from: Lone Shark on August 27, 2010, 03:50:18 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on August 27, 2010, 03:43:15 PM
Tipping L'espirit de Biff and Crossmaglen to make the playoffs easily

Woejus early to be making such comments. I'm not terribly unhappy, the system froze me out for the last few rounds so I really would have preferred to have done a lot better at DL and my RB core full of potential but short of dependability.

Depending on what sort of a year Eli and the Giants D has, Red Hand Helmets look in very decent nick to me too.
[/b]

Considering I couldn't make the draft, my first impression looking at it was that I made out like a bandit. Mightn't be too overly enamored with my DE selections but I certainly can't complain considering I put them on my draft list.

Looking at the rest of the teams, I'd agree that Lone Shark and XMG hitmen look in very good shape and as usual bombidal will be hard to beat again with a decent selection

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: mc_grens on August 27, 2010, 03:59:54 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on August 27, 2010, 03:43:15 PM
Quote from: Shrek on August 27, 2010, 03:40:27 PM
The lack of comment speaks volumes AZ  ::)
Its not bad in fairness Shrek.
Tipping L'espirit de Biff and Crossmaglen to make the playoffs easily

Strongly disagree!

Strongly Agree!!
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Capt Pat

What is the story with defensive players in the draft? How do they score points.

AZOffaly

They can be relatively high scorers if you get a good one. They score for tackles, sacks, forced fumbles, interceptions, fumbles recovered, passes defended, blocked kicks and touchdowns.

the Deel Rover

couldn't make the live draft so i pre ranked the players i wanted but got fcuk all of them , going to be a long season  :(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

The Faithful Turfmen B team are annoyed at being discounted in the pre season prognostications and are determined to confound the 'experts'. That is all.

:D

AZOffaly

By the way, is anyone interested in a season long Pigskin Pick'em predictions competition? It's on Yahoo as well I think.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 28, 2010, 11:29:37 AM
By the way, is anyone interested in a season long Pigskin Pick'em predictions competition? It's on Yahoo as well I think.

what does this involve Az ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001