NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

Lone Shark

That was me offering up Hillis. I just have depth at RB and would like WR strength instead, anyone else in Division 1 looking to make a trade is welcome to make suggestions!

declan85

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 13, 2011, 04:31:42 PM
Quote from: declan85 on October 13, 2011, 03:53:18 PM
Does anybody give a read to the Fantasy message boards on the Yahoo fantasy football homepage? I read one yesterday evening where in a ten team league over half of the league voted to change the scoring settings, so after drafting & playing 5 weeks the commissioner changed all the settings. Some guy went from 4-1 to 1-4. The commissioner went from 1-4 to 5-0...

Love to know what the feck they changed to produce swings like that.

They were doing something like a point per yard for rushing & receiving to give the guy with the carries the edge over the goal line back, dont know what a TD was worth. A point per two yards passing. Changed that to a point per 20yards for both...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Lone Shark on October 13, 2011, 04:35:39 PM
That was me offering up Hillis. I just have depth at RB and would like WR strength instead, anyone else in Division 1 looking to make a trade is welcome to make suggestions!

Any of my WRs interest you? Apart from Mc Gearailt of course.

Lone Shark

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2011, 04:42:12 PM

I expected to be able to say yes, seeing as you are 5-0, but there really isn't anyone there that would be jumping out at me. I'm looking at Mike Williams, Mike Thomas, Deion Branch and Nate Washington as my four - while I'd like to upgrade that, I don't think any of yours really is an improvement, other than Larry Mac G of course. And for obvious reasons, I'm not expecting him to be up for grabs!

i would have expected more from Brandon Lloyd, but until we see what kind of QB Tim Tebow is going to be, it would be a huge punt.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Lone Shark on October 13, 2011, 05:03:32 PM

I expected to be able to say yes, seeing as you are 5-0, but there really isn't anyone there that would be jumping out at me. I'm looking at Mike Williams, Mike Thomas, Deion Branch and Nate Washington as my four - while I'd like to upgrade that, I don't think any of yours really is an improvement, other than Larry Mac G of course. And for obvious reasons, I'm not expecting him to be up for grabs!

i would have expected more from Brandon Lloyd, but until we see what kind of QB Tim Tebow is going to be, it would be a huge punt.

I've been scoring well until this week, but the core lads are Brady and Forte really. If Fitz and Arian Foster pick up the pace I should be in a good position, but my receivers are of the solid 10 point a game type, rather than the 20+ point monsters.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2011, 05:11:36 PM
Quote from: Lone Shark on October 13, 2011, 05:03:32 PM

I've been scoring well until this week, but the core lads are Brady and Forte really. If Fitz and Arian Foster pick up the pace I should be in a good position, but my receivers are of the solid 10 point a game type, rather than the 20+ point monsters.

i hope you  don't score too well this weekend either Az i could really do with a win
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Oraisteach

AZ, squinting as I am from the depths of Division 3, could you cut and paste all three divisional standings, including points for and against.

Sorry for the imposition.

declan85

Many on here heading to London next weekend for Bears @ Bucs?
Hester got injured last night but hopefully not too serious and hes playing. Hoping to see a kick return for the bears ;)

Have a spare ticket also if anyone is interested...

AZOffaly

Looks like I'm not going to score too well, but I should make the ton, and that might be enough unless Shonn Greene does something big. If I get to 6-0 it'll be very lucky.

mc_grens

Quick question Az.

It occurred to me over the weekend that you're unlikely to be relegated from Div.1, and you're currently in a top 4 position in Div. 2. What happens if you get promoted. You can't do a Berlusconi and own two teams in 1 division!

Will the 5th placed team go up, or will 4th from bottom get a repreive?

AZOffaly

Quote from: mc_grens on October 17, 2011, 12:24:41 PM
Quick question Az.

It occurred to me over the weekend that you're unlikely to be relegated from Div.1, and you're currently in a top 4 position in Div. 2. What happens if you get promoted. You can't do a Berlusconi and own two teams in 1 division!

I think I need to have one team in each division as commisioner. So if I get promoted, I'll just stay and let team 5 go up. That was my thinking anyway. If I get relegated, which is not unlikely :) I'm not sure what to do. Obviously team 1-4 need to come up, but do I send down team 6?

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 17, 2011, 12:28:09 PM
Quote from: mc_grens on October 17, 2011, 12:24:41 PM
Quick question Az.

I think I need to have one team in each division as commisioner. So if I get promoted, I'll just stay and let team 5 go up. That was my thinking anyway. If I get relegated, which is not unlikely :) I'm not sure what to do. Obviously team 1-4 need to come up, but do I send down team 6?

Yeah that's what I thought. I just thought it'd be best to bring it up now and lay down what would happen so that nobody would be put out in the event of it happening. I'm totally comfortable with what you're proposing.

magpie seanie

Quote from: declan85 on October 17, 2011, 12:06:07 PM
Hester got injured last night but hopefully not too serious and hes playing. Hoping to see a kick return for the bears ;)

Like yourself I'm hoping to see some fireworks from Hester so hope his injury isn't going to stop him playing. I'm going over and have a ticket already. Both teams badly need a win.

Fairly pee'ed off with this fantasy malarkey. After a shaky week and a player I dropped awaking from his torpor against me I was still comfortably ahead when I checked this morning with only Plaxico Burress to come for my opponent. Somehow between that and me arriving in work he got 10 more points so now I need Burress to do nothing tonight or I'm 3-3 (with same points scored a the guy going to 6-0!!!!). Only lost 2 games the whole of last season and next week is going to be verrrrry ugly for me - 8, that's right, 8 of this weeks starters on bye next week!

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 17, 2011, 04:57:40 PM
Quote from: declan85 on October 17, 2011, 12:06:07 PM

Like yourself I'm hoping to see some fireworks from Hester so hope his injury isn't going to stop him playing. I'm going over and have a ticket already. Both teams badly need a win.

Fairly pee'ed off with this fantasy malarkey. After a shaky week and a player I dropped awaking from his torpor against me I was still comfortably ahead when I checked this morning with only Plaxico Burress to come for my opponent. Somehow between that and me arriving in work he got 10 more points so now I need Burress to do nothing tonight or I'm 3-3 (with same points scored a the guy going to 6-0!!!!). Only lost 2 games the whole of last season and next week is going to be verrrrry ugly for me - 8, that's right, 8 of this weeks starters on bye next week!

I time it Seanie, no point wasting all your points in an easy win. Just do enough.

AZOffaly

Results and Standings after Week 6

GAA Board Superbowl - Montana Championship

Faithful Turfmen B      111.03    mayo warriors   92.89

Galway Bay Tribesmen    148.79    hegan's helmets  155.64

Coolera Bears    118.59    New York Jets V  115.84

L'Esprit de Biff    129.33    Smackdown Clowns     138.76

Shower of Tramps    102.96    Ballyhaise Bills        118.01

Faithful Turfmen B scrape another low-scoring, lucky win over the luckless warriors who fall to 1-5. Great game, especially in a bye week between the Tribesmen and the Helmets sees the Helmets take a great scalp for their first win of the season. Despite Seanie's fears, Plexico Burress did indeed do very little, and so the Coolera Bears held on in a close one against the New York Jets V. Another good high scoring game saw the unbeaten Smackdown Clowns edge out L'Esprit de Biff while the last game provided another first win, this time for the Bills as they saw off the Tramps. All of this means there is no winless team in the league, and the standings are as follows.

Vince Lombardi Division

2.    Faithful Turfmen B    6-0-0    1.000    4-0-0    818.01    644.79    W-6    9    4
4.    Coolera Bears    4-2-0    .667    2-1-0    804.79    799.33    W-1    7    20
7.    mayo warriors    1-5-0    .167    1-2-0    789.70    833.00    L-3    4    9
8.    Ballyhaise Bills    1-5-0    .167    1-2-0    697.73    819.85    W-1    3    14
9.    Shower of Tramps    1-5-0    .167    0-3-0    689.07    791.04    L-1    2    13

George Halas Division
1.    Smackdown Clowns    6-0-0    1.000    3-0-0    891.04    770.36    W-6    10    15
3.    Galway Bay Tribesmen    4-2-0    .667    2-1-0    977.36    844.11    L-1    8    17
5.    L'Esprit de Biff    3-3-0    .500    1-2-0    819.02    817.52    L-2    6    8
6.    New York Jets V    3-3-0    .500    1-2-0    813.49    790.07    L-1    5    15
10.    hegan's helmets    1-5-0    .167    1-3-0    664.41    854.55    W-1    1    8

The Smackdown Clowns are the #1 seed and sit atop the Halas division on 6-0 while fellow unbeaten Faithful Turfmen claim #2 as first place in the Lombardi Division. The two wildcards at the moment are #3 Galway Bay Tribesmen, and #4 Coolera Bears. With 8 games left, a lot can still happen, but the 4 1-5 teams will need some recovery to get back into Wildcard Contention. #10 Hegan's Helmets, #9 Shower of Tramps, #8 Ballyhaise Bills and #7 mayo warriors occupy the drop zone at the moment.