Conspiracy Theories

Started by APM, September 15, 2020, 09:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Look it everyone knows theres no such thing as "Covid 19".
There's no "pandemic"
It's all a scam dreamed up by the World Government to enable 5G to be installed without anyone noticing.
Then Bill Gates will microchip everyone under the guise of vaccination so the Workd Governmennt can control us all.
Meanwhile the masks are all fitted with tracking devices.

But there are some smart people out there who arent falling for this.
They all wear their tin foil hats and are protected from it all.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thewobbler

Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2020, 10:37:17 AM
Quote from: Hound on September 15, 2020, 10:28:25 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 15, 2020, 10:19:05 AM
It's all about perception.

Internet debating, almost without fail, ends up with increasingly personal attack on the poster/person rather than the subject matter. Describing a certain mindset or thought pattern as being that of a "conspiracy theorist" is the new endgame for full time debaters (having succeeded writing "fact" at the end of sentences, describing others' thoughts as being "Karen from Facebook", the straw man discourse, and the recent classic of describing anyone who can show weakness in your viewpoints as having Dunning Kruger).

——

The reason for the lack of trust in masks is simple enough. Continually taking the same bargain basement mask out of your pocket for weeks on end, everytime you enter a shop, has got to be worse for everyone than not wearing a mask. But the former is legal, the latter is not. It's legislation for show rather than effect.

Legislators sometimes get blamed for treating the people like morons, and other times get blamed for not treating people like morons.

It was very clear early on that you treat masks like underwear. Wash after use.

There are people who believe they have a "constitutional right" not to wear a mask. There are others who wear a mask so that it doesn't cover their nose. There are people who don't wash their masks. All fookin eejits. That does not mean the legislation is just for show. The idiots should just be called out more.

It's quite amazing and sad that you have to take the time to explain something so bleeding obvious.

Whereas I think it's quite amazing that you believe laws like this could be implemented without a substantial percentage of non-compliance, and quite sad that you are so sure of yourself that the ambivalent and the dissenters are wrong.

sid waddell

Quote from: Rossfan on September 15, 2020, 11:13:47 AM
Look it everyone knows theres no such thing as "Covid 19".
There's no "pandemic"
It's all a scam dreamed up by the World Government to enable 5G to be installed without anyone noticing.
Then Bill Gates will microchip everyone under the guise of vaccination so the Workd Governmennt can control us all.
Meanwhile the masks are all fitted with tracking devices.

But there are some smart people out there who arent falling for this.
They all wear their tin foil hats and are protected from it all.
"WAKE UP SHEEPLE!"

BennyCake

It amuses me when people immediately shoot down anything looking like any sort of conspiracy theory.

But I'd ask them this: do you trust the UK/US (or indeed, any) government, and everything they tell you? There you have it then.

GetOverTheBar

I'll tell you the biggest conspiracy.

If your car radio is down to nearly silent, you'll still be able to hear the McDonalds ad whistle no matter what.

Genius.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 15, 2020, 11:25:08 AM

If your car radio is down to nearly silent, you'll still be able to hear the McDonalds ad whistle no matter what.

Genius.

Means your half canine.

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on September 15, 2020, 11:20:44 AM
It amuses me when people immediately shoot down anything looking like any sort of conspiracy theory.

But I'd ask them this: do you trust the UK/US (or indeed, any) government, and everything they tell you? There you have it then.
The current US and UK regimes are filled to the brim with liars, nutcases and conspiracy theorists

And yet conspiracy theorists tend to believe them implicitly, at least the nuttier stuff, which unfortunately is most stuff

Work that one out

But hey, actual truth and reason is now "elite" and "establishment", or some such nonsense

And these regimes filled with silver spoon fed white men brought up in the lap of luxury, are somehow "anti-elite" and "anti-establishment"

Or something like that

J70

Quote from: thewobbler on September 15, 2020, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2020, 10:37:17 AM
Quote from: Hound on September 15, 2020, 10:28:25 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 15, 2020, 10:19:05 AM
It's all about perception.

Internet debating, almost without fail, ends up with increasingly personal attack on the poster/person rather than the subject matter. Describing a certain mindset or thought pattern as being that of a "conspiracy theorist" is the new endgame for full time debaters (having succeeded writing "fact" at the end of sentences, describing others' thoughts as being "Karen from Facebook", the straw man discourse, and the recent classic of describing anyone who can show weakness in your viewpoints as having Dunning Kruger).

——

The reason for the lack of trust in masks is simple enough. Continually taking the same bargain basement mask out of your pocket for weeks on end, everytime you enter a shop, has got to be worse for everyone than not wearing a mask. But the former is legal, the latter is not. It's legislation for show rather than effect.

Legislators sometimes get blamed for treating the people like morons, and other times get blamed for not treating people like morons.

It was very clear early on that you treat masks like underwear. Wash after use.

There are people who believe they have a "constitutional right" not to wear a mask. There are others who wear a mask so that it doesn't cover their nose. There are people who don't wash their masks. All fookin eejits. That does not mean the legislation is just for show. The idiots should just be called out more.

It's quite amazing and sad that you have to take the time to explain something so bleeding obvious.

Whereas I think it's quite amazing that you believe laws like this could be implemented without a substantial percentage of non-compliance, and quite sad that you are so sure of yourself that the ambivalent and the dissenters are wrong.

Where did I say or indicate a belief that the law would be issued without non-compliance? This is a thread about conspiracy theories.

As for the dissenters and the ambivalent, I've seen nothing from them to support opposition to mask wearing from a public health perspective. Masks aren't perfect or the be-all and end-all, but along with social distancing, hand washing, contact tracing etc., they're the best we can do for now with a disease transmitted by exhaled air. If there are morons who either don't wash their reusable masks or continue to use dirty disposable ones, then maybe someone needs to teach them basic hygiene.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on September 15, 2020, 11:27:09 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 15, 2020, 11:25:08 AM

Genius.

Means your half canine.

An ex girlfriend some years ago said something along those lines too. It all makes sense now.

J70

There's a lot of ground between government misinformation and Pizzagate, chemtrails and vaccinations with 5G-activated tracking chips.

sid waddell

Given that a lot of the anti-mask loons tend to be reactionary religious right types, and misogynists, I wonder what their reaction would be to an astro-turf campaign for men to allowed walk around with their penises hanging out in full view

Sure why not extend it to the women - vagina visibiity for all

"Freedom for genitalia"
"The way nature intended"
"Underwear is a government conspiracy"
"Trousers = fascism"

QUESTION EVERYTING™
DO UR OWN RESERCH™
WAKE UP SHEEPLE™

GADDER AT 2PM AT DA CUSTOM HOUSE ON SATURDAY, BRING FLEGS, LOADSA FLEGS

J70

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 15, 2020, 11:55:22 AM
Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2020, 11:50:14 AM

There's a lot of ground between government misinformation and Pizzagate, chemtrails and vaccinations with 5G-activated tracking chips.
Indeed - put that question on a broader horizon and ask why should you trust say anyone or anything?

That's where credibility and expertise comes into it.

sid waddell

The most insidious conspiracy theories are things which take a grain of truth and then invent a fake narrative around that

QAnon and Pizzagate are very much of this ilk

Qanon and Pizzagate are obviously ludicrous - but the Epstein case - a political kompromat operation run by a paedophiile - was very real -  yet those who push QAnon and Pizzagate are cultists to a sexual predator, almost certainly serial rapist, and alleged paedophile who is heavily mixed up in the Epstein case - Donald Trump

QAnon and Pizzagate are projection pushed by those covering up sexual crimes

The only outside chance of a remedy for this is the truth about Epstein and everybody else involved with him

The anti-vaccine thing starts with grains of truth about medical malpractice, or lack of medical regulation in some areas and  pharmaceutical companies pushing opioids, things like that, and then builds a fantasy dystopian narrative based on that

PadraicHenryPearse

is the wearing of a mask not similar to wearing a gum shield or a seatbelt etc. maybe seatbelt is a better example as it protects you and others in the car. most of the time its not needed, however It reduces the risk of more serious injury if required. why are they not conspiracies?

sid waddell

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 15, 2020, 11:55:22 AM

Indeed - put that question on a broader horizon and ask why should you trust say anyone or anything?
The whole point of the worldwide right-wing propaganda and disinformation war is to get people to believe in nothing, and to become completely cynical, yet gullible

If you believe in nothing, you lose all belief in the power of politics to effect any positive change in society

Life and society then becomes an eternal game of confusion, fear, imagined eternal threats and imagined moral panics

In this environment, no positive change is possible, only a retreat into an imagined past, a fantasy world, in which a dictator imposes "order"

The Russians are the masters of it

This short film by Adam Curtis from 2014 is instructive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od4MWs7qTr8